Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 07:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help making my first volume monitor bot  (Read 728 times)
Sile (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:09:26 PM

Hello! I'm a beginner programmer and trader, i would like to start a project on my own: a volume monitor. Something like Cryptgany or Cryptoping but with my own variables. The fact is that i don't know where to start. I have been told to use Bittrex and python, but how could i put all of this together? Is there a source or a tutorial where i could learn? Thanks in advance for your help.
fulluser

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:37:51 AM

I can help you make a bot to monitor the orders on any exchange you wish and explain everything to you , Please pm to discuss
jal007

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:39:04 AM

Hello! I'm a beginner programmer and trader, i would like to start a project on my own: a volume monitor. Something like Cryptgany or Cryptoping but with my own variables. The fact is that i don't know where to start. I have been told to use Bittrex and python, but how could i put all of this together? Is there a source or a tutorial where i could learn? Thanks in advance for your help.

can you pm please, so we can talk about details !
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:46:34 AM

You won't find an exact tutorial for this but If you are serious about learning then take a course from Coursera on Python, It will help you in the future, You can automate and make many useful programs if you have command over python and its almost used everywhere. Take the course below, it will guide you on many subjects like HTTP Requests, JSON etc.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/python
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:00:24 PM

Let me point you out to this video https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2003723
This can be rewritten to do volume checks on bittrex.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Sile (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Let me point you out to this video https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2003723
This can be rewritten to do volume checks on bittrex.

Thank you!
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:05:01 PM

I don't understand exactly, What aim of this bot? I think that many sites in the web, which we can use for monitor of volume. For me information from coinmarketcap graphs mote than enough
Sile (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:37:25 PM

I don't understand exactly, What aim of this bot? I think that many sites in the web, which we can use for monitor of volume. For me information from coinmarketcap graphs mote than enough

I want to record price and volume movements on smaller timeframes, marketcap is not exactly what i'm looking for
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:00:08 PM

There is no specific tutorial just for making a trading bot,even if there is I would't recommend you to use one since you'll have no idea how it would work.
How good are your programming fundamentals ? You certainly need to know the basics of programming to start learning python.

If you have planned to learn while you code,it won't work unless you know what's what.That is again basics of programming.Once you are fully aware of functions,classes,etc you can head over to https://automatetheboringstuff.com/ and see how they are automating things.The website has tons of examples which you can use as a reference to code your trading bot.
Xypherian

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 10:02:03 PM

You won't find an specific tutorial for this anywhere.

I personally have been working on something like this lately for Bittrex. Here is some code to get you started (Python) it listens to the Bittrex Socket and pushes updates from the SubscribeToExchangeDeltas. This one listens only to the OMG pairs on Bittrex (BTC-OMG, ETH-OMG, USDT-OMG) but it works, from there you have to do your logic  Cheesy. This prints the market with the amount of the base currency that has been bought/sold live
https://i.gyazo.com/7d937019383a5b7911cd55ec6b7582d5.png

Code:

from requests import Session
from signalr import Connection
import time, json

markets = ['BTC-OMG', 'ETH-OMG', 'USDT-OMG']

def orderPrinter(update):
    orderUnparsed = json.dumps(update)
    JSONOrder = json.loads(orderUnparsed)

try:
        MarketName = JSONOrder[0]['MarketName']
        Fills = JSONOrder[0]['Fills']
        for order in Fills:
            OrderType = order['OrderType']
            Rate = order['Rate']
            Quantity = order['Quantity']
            Total = Rate * Quantity

print MarketName, OrderType, Total
    except Exception as e:
        print e
        pass

with Session() as session:
connection = Connection('http://socket.bittrex.com/signalr', session)

corehub = connection.register_hub('coreHub')

#create error handler
def print_error(error):
print('error: ', error)

# debug information, show all data
def print_raw_data(*args, **kwargs):
print (args, kwargs)

def ticker_data(*args, **kwargs):
print "ticker", (args, kwargs)
def market_data(*args, **kwargs):
#print "ticker", (args, kwargs)
            orderPrinter(args)

connection.error += print_error

connection.start()
print "sending subscription request"
for market in markets:
corehub.server.invoke('SubscribeToExchangeDeltas', market)

#corehub.client.on('updateSummaryState', ticker_data)
corehub.client.on('updateExchangeState', market_data)

connection.wait(150000)

Sile (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:26:53 PM

There is no specific tutorial just for making a trading bot,even if there is I would't recommend you to use one since you'll have no idea how it would work.
How good are your programming fundamentals ? You certainly need to know the basics of programming to start learning python.

If you have planned to learn while you code,it won't work unless you know what's what.That is again basics of programming.Once you are fully aware of functions,classes,etc you can head over to https://automatetheboringstuff.com/ and see how they are automating things.The website has tons of examples which you can use as a reference to code your trading bot.

Thank you for your answer, yes i definitely have to learn some, then i'm going to check your link!
holepauvre

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:13:12 AM

Hello,

I'm developing also a trading bot but with Node JS.
There is an node.bittrex.api and it's simple to use it but there isn't many doncumentations about that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: