Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good bye LTC?  (Read 6696 times)
qiuness

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:52:43 PM

GPU miners leave BTC and go to LTC. the LTC community gets larger. more services created for it. the price goes up.

this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:37:34 PM

Isn't the underlying question here really whether the BEST or the FIRST coin will succeed? I have been thinking a lot about the relation between Best versus First. Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola dates back over a hundred years. What part does First and Best play in this legend, and how does First co-relate to Best?

Pepsi went bankrupt twice. http://www.businessinsider.com/soda-wars-coca-cola-pepsi-history-infographic-2011-11?op=1 Anyone know if there were any others in the early days beside Pepsi Cola that were competing with Coca Cola?
Dacm4n

Activity: 363

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:24:40 PM

I decided to sell all my litecoins a week ago because I thought the price would continue to sink a bit lower and it has. I mostly bought them for the Gox rumor but with all the problems there facing now it's looking like they won't add it for a few more months.  And when they do who knows how many users will still be trading on there site.
hathmill

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:49:46 PM

http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4008.msg28501.html#msg28501 I predicted boththe ltcbtc drop and threads like these. People trading cryptocoins are super predictable. Its much, much easier then the forex market. Please for your own sake, if your not a trader consider thar onn the other side of the trade is someone likely eating your lunch. Especially so if you do short term trading.

Grin hello fellow forex trader ... only thing I'm missing here is leverage...and pips...  Cry

Pips ftw! Wink. Im curious, do you alsoo find cryptocoin simple to trade compared to, say, eurusd? I find that there is almost no whipsawingg and patterns actually play out the way u think time n time again. Even the fundamentals are easy I think. What do you think?
Dervana

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:53:10 PM

I decided to sell all my litecoins a week ago because I thought the price would continue to sink a bit lower and it has. I mostly bought them for the Gox rumor but with all the problems there facing now it's looking like they won't add it for a few more months.  And when they do who knows how many users will still be trading on there site.

Problems? Don't they have to just file some paperwork to resume business as usual in the states?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:58:14 PM

What do you think? Why is LTC dying?

You base your question on price.

Price =/= life or death.

Unless there is not traded value then it might be considered dead. I look at the network for vital statistics of "life".

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hate_the_face

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:03:30 PM

you guys are forgetting that with the release of Atlantis Marketplace there is now an actual place to spend litecoins on besides gambling
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:08:45 PM

GPU miners leave BTC and go to LTC. the LTC community gets larger. more services created for it. the price goes up.

GPU miners will mine ltc more then ever. (but looking and 86% rate to bitcoin, 20% more power and noise to hash and exchange fees, transfer it is like 65% now)
supply/demand

price will fall

gpu will be sold at 40% value in 2 months from now

sad but true
Luckybit

Merit: 510

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:09:48 PM

It's not dying. It has over 50 million market cap.
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 09:46:05 PM

It's not dying. It has over 50 million market cap.

ftc has huge market cap too.
and died

due to prof. below 100%
same schema there
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:06:11 PM

Yea, Litecoin is dying... it's only gone up 4000% the past 7 months. What a crappy ROI....  Roll Eyes
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:09:10 PM

LTC is old. BTC is older. Once upon a time Duke Nukem used to be THE game to play. What was popular last week is often superseded by something better.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
anderl

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:11:39 PM

if anyone has noticed most coin prices float around btc price or they get dumped to drastically below it until their difficulty lowers from lack of mining.

So what makes people think that litecoin price will surpass bitcoin.  people still don't treat it like a real currency.  most miners still trade it for btc.  it used to be worth more when people were trading their crap coins for ltc but a lot of the exchanges converted straight to btc so ltc was cut out as the middle man.

So where is it going?  BTC is getting a massive difficulty jump very soon.  its going to cripple gpu mining.  not kill it but people are going to get half the profits they used to get.  does that mean that ltc miners will just accept half the profit for mining ltc?

what happens when you cant gpu min btc at all and you are locked out because of the asics.  all that is left are scrypt coins.  and where is the scrypt coin community?
RandyMagnum

Activity: 662

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:40:17 PM

Yesterday, there was a nice little interview with Charles Lee (coblee) about what LTC is, its origins, the team structure to some degree, 1st and 3rd party development, and the future.

Some topics are rather shallowly explored, but it's nice to glean a little bit of dev mentality surrounding the coin.  This was mildly encouraging, imo, rather than being left in the dark to think that devs have put baby in the corner.  Nobody puts baby in a corner!  sry...

Interview starts around 48m in and ends at 1hr8m.

https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e12-you-get-my-bitmessage-lets
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:29:15 PM

LTC is old. BTC is older. Once upon a time Duke Nukem used to be THE game to play. What was popular last week is often superseded by something better.

Comparing crypto-currency to gaming really  Huh Adoption is what drives these coins, just because they are old means nothing and it's not like improvements can't be worked in.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:49:08 AM

You are taking a huge risk not holding LTC into the summer with Gox slowly getting it's act together.
MinerLT

Activity: 194

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:00:20 AM

difficulty going up price down  Sad really bad days for miners

Success doesn't come to you…you go to it

bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:17:10 AM

difficulty going up price down  Sad really bad days for miners

Time to wake up and realise LTC is special no more.

Hey Guy,

Good luck with your cafepress site but who the hell are you?  Oh, that's right, you're a nobody.

Have fun being a loser,

Cheers
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:45:38 AM

Not looking too good for LTC

The only thing new or interesting about it was that it used a different hash algorithm.  So, if that adds value, why is YAC not trading at .025 BTC ?

To make matters worse, the LTC code base has fallen behind BTC's and developers are asking for donations to try to catch up.

At this point, I think the argument can be made that LTC serves no worthwhile purpose and should be trading at DGC or WDC levels.

DGC and WDC are both "faster" than LTC, by the same metric that LTC uses to say it is faster than BTC, and both DGC and WDC are good coins with excellent support networks

Also, let's not accept the argument that LTC is anything original.  It was a copy/paste of the BTC source code with a new hashing algorithm.  Little else was added.  Comparable to a YAC

As said before Litecoin is dying because it offers 0 advantage over bitcoin. Except it is accepted at fewer places and even more risky. Don't waste your money. All of these altcoins will be dead within a year.

Only an altcoin that offers something significantly different and better than bitcoin has a chance of surviving.

+1, and +1

exactly my thought.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:51:31 AM

Not looking too good for LTC

The only thing new or interesting about it was that it used a different hash algorithm.  So, if that adds value, why is YAC not trading at .025 BTC ?

To make matters worse, the LTC code base has fallen behind BTC's and developers are asking for donations to try to catch up.

At this point, I think the argument can be made that LTC serves no worthwhile purpose and should be trading at DGC or WDC levels.

DGC and WDC are both "faster" than LTC, by the same metric that LTC uses to say it is faster than BTC, and both DGC and WDC are good coins with excellent support networks

Also, let's not accept the argument that LTC is anything original.  It was a copy/paste of the BTC source code with a new hashing algorithm.  Little else was added.  Comparable to a YAC
+1

exactly my thought.

DGC and WDC have not a support networks, look at difficulty going up and down based on profitability, the network doesn't really grow.
Also, DGC and WDC are LTC clones so if you are saying LTC is no good because it is a BTC clone your argument is, again, pointless.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: