Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good bye LTC?  (Read 6696 times)
Ethicoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:34:53 PM

At http://dustcoin.com/mining LTC is second most profitable to mine.

And if you do not have a BTC rig it is therefore most profitable.

It is not dying.

Smiley

I call FUD!

LTC is stronger than ever
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:44:39 PM

BTC or USD, the fact is LTC was very low prior to Gox rumours. How much it costed 1 year ago is absolutely irrelevant here.

It was over a dollar a few hours before the gox news broke. And it was 80 cents a couple of days before that. And prior to that it was 40 to 70 cents for a few weeks. Nothing like 3 dollars where it is now but it was still showing solid growth, and at the time those numbers were massive for an alt currency.

What really kicked it off is when Bitcoin broke $32 and started it's bull run up to $260. People started kicking themselves for missing the boat and looked for 'the next bitcoin', at the same time lots of new blood came into the game, brought in by the media attention.
Ethicoin

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:51:07 PM

BTC or USD, the fact is LTC was very low prior to Gox rumours. How much it costed 1 year ago is absolutely irrelevant here.

It was over a dollar a few hours before the gox news broke. And it was 80 cents a couple of days before that. And prior to that it was 40 to 70 cents for a few weeks. Nothing like 3 dollars where it is now but it was still showing solid growth, and at the time those numbers were massive for an alt currency.

What really kicked it off is when Bitcoin broke $32 and started it's bull run up to $260. People started kicking themselves for missing the boat and looked for 'the next bitcoin', at the same time lots of new blood came into the game, brought in by the media attention.

Where are you guys getting these facts? LTC was WELL above $2 when the Gox news broke. It may have been much higher but that is my limited knowledge (I had Real Life things to attend to)

EDIT: According to my limited knowledge LTC was about to crack $5 when the Gox news broke - I just did a quick google to check my facts.

reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:32:02 PM

LTC is dying. There are other coins that are better now.

Check out worldcoin.

WDC? ROFL

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
computerparts

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:43:44 PM

LTC is dying. There are other coins that are better now.

Check out worldcoin.

WDC? ROFL

WDC is certainly gaining ground for being in its early stage.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:29:33 PM

WDC is certainly gaining ground for being in its early stage.

That's what was said about Feathercoin as well. Don't get me wrong, I made over 10K from feathercoin, but just look at where it's at now..

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
Ethicoin

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:49:15 AM

Soon there will be an ethical coin you can mine for "free" ontop (merge mine) with LTC.

Ethicoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=221375.0

Have fun  Wink
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:49:49 AM

As said before Litecoin is dying because it offers 0 advantage over bitcoin. Except it is accepted at fewer places and even more risky. Don't waste your money. All of these altcoins will be dead within a year.

Only an altcoin that offers something significantly different and better than bitcoin has a chance of surviving.

MtGox will NEVER offer Litecoin exchange services. I know they already announced it, but mark my words, it is never going to happen.
Ethicoin

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:51:44 AM

As said before Litecoin is dying because it offers 0 advantage over bitcoin. Except it is accepted at fewer places and even more risky. Don't waste your money. All of these altcoins will be dead within a year.

Only an altcoin that offers something significantly different and better than bitcoin has a chance of surviving.

MtGox will NEVER offer Litecoin exchange services. I know they already announced it, but mark my words, it is never going to happen.

BTC is awesome. So is LTC - you cannot deny that the faster transactions and Scrypt proof of work scheme brought something to the table.

Your post is rubbish.

EDIT: is 4 x transaction speeds a significant improvement in your eyes? Clearly not. Lol
wheatrich

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:54:24 AM

litecoin is down because it's one of 10000000 scrypt coins in the market instead of one of 10.  Pretty standard drop.  The mass flood tends to lower everyone else.  At some point it'll stabilize but that won't be till people stop making new coins, presumably when they no longer profit from doing so and the complete lol coins totally die off.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:58:26 AM

litecoin is down because it's one of 10000000 scrypt coins in the market instead of one of 10.  Pretty standard drop.  The mass flood tends to lower everyone else.  At some point it'll stabilize but that won't be till people stop making new coins, presumably when they no longer profit from doing so and the complete lol coins totally die off.

This.  People are realizing that LTC has nothing over the other scrypt coins (some of which have more active developers) other than a small head start and a handful of sites accepting it.

It's still the best alt coin, but it's losing ground.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:36:39 AM

I think this is the case as well. They will pick one of the newer offerings or none at all.
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:00:41 AM

I'd argue MtGox has even more reason to add Litecoin now because traders are leaving them after recent blunders. They need something to bring people back, otherwise their numbers will keep declining.
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:20:00 AM

I made over 10K from feathercoin

10K what?
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:23:04 AM

I think this is the case as well. They will pick one of the newer offerings or none at all.

Yes the official Mt Gox announcement must be FUD  Roll Eyes

Personally I think LTC is going to pick up when no one expects it.

(Gox aren't going to give much notice)

Hold on!
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:50:31 AM

Yes the official Mt Gox announcement must be FUD  Roll Eyes

Of course not, if you read it on the net it has to be true.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:00:00 AM

Yes the official Mt Gox announcement must be FUD  Roll Eyes

Of course not, if you read it on the net it has to be true.

Well it was in an official Mt Gox Press Release. Hardly the BTC-e trollbox or Bitcointalk (which is becoming just as bad)
destruct

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

Alexander KOSTIN | GoldMint

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:03:29 AM

I'll make this fun and easy for the OP..

LTC is so dead. The new Buttcoin is the future mine all of it.. tell your friends, your sister, your cousins.. take out a mortgage and buy every buttcoin you can because LTC is fluctuating like a normal market it has to be dead  Roll Eyes

Also, GOX has just as much volume as btc-e so don't expect that unicorn to change LTC to $100 each.

psybits
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:04:53 AM

I'll make this fun and easy for the OP..

LTC is so dead. The new Buttcoin is the future mine all of it.. tell your friends, your sister, your cousins.. take out a mortgage and buy every buttcoin you can because LTC is fluctuating like a normal market it has to be dead  Roll Eyes

Also, GOX has just as much volume as btc-e so don't expect that unicorn to change LTC to $100 each.

Ha ha ha ha.

I expect 100-500% increase when LTC hits Gox.

That is conservative when it comes to crypto  Cool
wetroof

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:49:17 PM

GPU miners leave BTC and go to LTC. the LTC community gets larger. more services created for it. the price goes up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: