Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:31:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: x10, x100, x1000  (Read 906 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 09:55:46 PM

sorry for noob question

A  coin in order to  be  x100  must have  a  market  cap under 50 Millions? 

You should consider  only the  market  cap  or  also  the  coins  supply?

For example an ICO  with  20 millions  of coin  and a market cap   under  20 Milion  can rise  x100?

iT's  just an example to  understand

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:41:16 PM

In order for a coin to 100x it has to just that. There is no magic limitation to what can and cant be done. Now it is more likely that smaller cap coins will do this because they have more room to grow, but

in reality any coin can do so. For instance XMR could 100x but I dont think it is going to 144 billion anytime soon. To answer your next questions no you shouldnt only consider market cap and coin supply.

Also consider team, product, active development, and sentiment of the market. Lastly, yes ofcourse an ICO can rise that high it just has to have a lot of good qualities to it. (unlikely though because an ICO

that can 100x wont start off that low)

devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:18:46 AM

My prediction the first 100x token on ethereum will be omisego and the second is CINDICATOR why ? These two project really has a good plan and their advisor is mind blowing.
For cindicator. Charlie shrem twit abput their smooth ico and it is a good sign
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:21:21 AM

My prediction the first 100x token on ethereum will be omisego and the second is CINDICATOR why ? These two project really has a good plan and their advisor is mind blowing.

I completely agree with devollito here.
Alas! I never made it to any of the Cindicator Tiers
Rastadon

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:30:23 AM

sorry for noob question

For example an ICO  with  20 millions  of coin  and a market cap   under  20 Milion  can rise  x100?

thanks

It will never be happened, I just sure the ico that started from the low price be able to rise a lot on its price, but that was different with those are raising huge funds through the ico because there is no mo room to the price of token to grow in the future caused by the demand already raised in the crowdsale.

d0r10n

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:44:38 AM

sorry for noob question

A  coin in order to  be  x100  must have  a  market  cap under 50 Millions?  

You should consider  only the  market  cap  or  also  the  coins  supply?

For example an ICO  with  20 millions  of coin  and a market cap   under  20 Milion  can rise  x100?

iT's  just an example to  understand

thanks

I think first thing to try and understand is Market Cap = Total Amount of Coins or Tokens in Supply x Value of each Token

So example, if you look at GameCredits - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gamecredits/

It is currently $2.31 USD per coin, there are 64,299,024 Coins in Supply, so just calculate $2.31 x 64,299,024 = $148,269,048 USD Market Cap.

Which if you look at https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gamecredits/ is correct.

BTC has a $65 Billion market cap, so a lot of people think that's the ceiling and compare and make speculation on alt coin market caps etc , but who knows how big a blockchain coin/token can get especially in the future.

Google has $644 Billion market cap, maybe in a few years a blockchain tech company with a great product that gets success and widespread adoption in the mainstream every day people, could IMHO likely get their coin/token market cap in the hundreds of billion as well.

Good luck in picking that winner! Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
Savik

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:56:39 AM

If you hold a coin until it truly reaches 100x then you are either dumb or have brass balls. There aren't too many coins I would personally hold beyond 3x-5x of their current price.

d0r10n

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:14:58 AM

If you hold a coin until it truly reaches 100x then you are either dumb or have brass balls. There aren't too many coins I would personally hold beyond 3x-5x of their current price.

Haha, sounds true, I think most people would sell before 100x too.

My plan is when a coin gets to 5x, either:

1.) Sell 20% of coins to recover initial investment, hold the rest till 10x then sell 5% and hold rest till other profit goals.

or

2.) Sell 25% to 33% of coins to get a little profit, hold rest till 10x etc.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
Savik

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:27:59 AM

Haha, sounds true, I think most people would sell before 100x too.

My plan is when a coin gets to 5x, either:

1.) Sell 20% of coins to recover initial investment, hold the rest till 10x then sell 5% and hold rest till other profit goals.

or

2.) Sell 25% to 33% of coins to get a little profit, hold rest till 10x etc.

Exactly. This is why I focus on looking for a coin that has a realistic chance of 1x-3x. That means Top 50 coins are fair game instead of dumpster diving for some obscure coin and waiting for a pump/dump group to pick it up.

DigitalLemming

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:34:32 AM

I agree with selling a small % at certain price points. Holding for 100x from these prices would be difficult. Many coins went 100x this year alone it is possible.
xenolith

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:56:17 AM

I think the 3 qualifying factors of determining whether a coin/project will 100x are:

1. Market cap + total coin quantity + price, a crypto. Aim for a cheap and new coin with a promising goal, which goes to factor #2
2. Excellent development team with at least one or two well known names in the business industry
3. Whether Bitcoin is in a bear market or bull market. Remember: In a bull market everyone is a genius
lequang90

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:20:37 AM

What currency should I buy for the 2018 trend?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1408

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:41:28 AM

sorry for noob question

thanks

It's not as simple as that.  I've made that same mistake of saying 'Oh Ripple is already overvalued because it's already at x billion marketcap and it's supply is in the billions, so it can't go up'.  That was before its big rise, so I avoided it (actually I was in then got out early because of my wrong assumption).  Boy was I so wrong.  My teeny weeny bet of 2 - 3 BTC or so would have returned me over 50 BTC or maybe even close to a hundred BTC if I stuck to it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
wojak

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:47:48 AM

sorry for noob question

thanks

mcap
"Market capitalization refers the total dollar market value of a company's outstanding shares. Commonly referred to as "market cap," it is calculated by multiplying a company's shares outstanding by the current market price of one share. The investment community uses this figure to determine a company's size, as opposed to using sales or total asset figures.
Investopedia"

max suply total available/minable coins
circulating supply the amount of coins in circulation also amount of coins stored somewhere

If you will make a simple script to monitor those values on markets you will see that:
1. mcap/circulating supply is equal price, price on markets sometimes reacts faster than change in cap, sometimes slower, but like with RDD for example, you can see huge 100% jump in mcap and price is changing few minutes later. Why? Because there will be more offers with higher price, however not every one will be able to react with changing offers fast enough.
2. if supply is raising and mcap is not raising - price will drop
3. if they are burning coins so supply will fall - price will raise

Shortly yes it is true for short term, because markets are reacting slower. It is not always working, there are many other things that impact price.

Now imagine - there is 1000 coins and people wants to pay 0.00001 BTC for one, and for some reason new amount of 1000 coins appears, from ICO or mining, and people just want to make cash instead of investing, they are selling it lower than price - mcap will fall and supply will raise. The funny thing is those rules I am using for middle and short term trading, are working very good for coins that are mostly traded on bittrex (90%+ volume on bittrex).

But it is something you can refer to. You can for example take a company which is selling coin at $0.01, predict that there will be 1bln coins when they will enter to markets, and predict value of company. 10mln cap may be too low or too high, however, if company in eyes of investors isn't worth more then 10mln the price will be oscillating around mcap/supply, otherwise price will drastically raise, because people will be selling for a price they think is valuable enough. But new coins supply on market doesn't mean that company value is now for example doubled, rather that coin price will be dropping to around 50%. Similar when you are predicting that company and its solution is undervalued, and is worth twice, however you are also predicting that coin supply will raise 4x, there is no way that coin will keep it price, it will drop ~50%.

Another thing that I noticed, if mcap for coin is based on BTC or resources are stored in BTC, it will also impact price when there are changes in BTC. Because when 100 coin is worth 0.1BTC - it means $400 for the rest of the world, when BTC drops 10%, mcap staying at 0.1BTC will be worth $360. So the price will fall too. You can see this as relation of altcoins to BTC changes, some are raising some are falling - IMHO it depends on what currency MCAP is based on. USD based will raise, BTC based will fall, some companies can change once for a while this relation, so coin following BTC will start to behave in opposite way. So there you can see that when BTC is drasticaly raising, those coins will raise with formula BTC raise x coin raise. This is what happend around march-may this year.

Watching markets you can also notice, that in some magic way if mcap is changing all the offers are reacting. How it is possible that few hundred people on earth react similary in same time (in seconds)? Smiley

All of those are my own observations, and I am using it in trading very successfully.

Bitmex profit calculator with notifications

The anaphylaxis of the DC-Mini is expanding exponentially!
WildJippy

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:33:51 AM

I'll have a look at cindicator, thanks for the heads up.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:29:28 PM

forget about market cap and throw it out of head.

a coin to rise x100 needs to be pumped x100 times. that is all that matters. sometimes it is easy with some of the altcoins no matter what their market cap, supply,... are and for some other it is pretty hard.

for example you can never pump the big coins that also have a high price. a coin like ETH which is already high and in a bubble and worth $200-$300 can not be pumped to $20,000-30,000 that is simply impossible.

but a coin that is already priced low can easily be pumped to a high price. for example if it i worth 100 satoshi it can easily go up to 10,000 satoshi and that is in fact a pretty common thing to happen.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:10:40 PM

forget about market cap and throw it out of head.

a coin to rise x100 needs to be pumped x100 times. that is all that matters. sometimes it is easy with some of the altcoins no matter what their market cap, supply,... are and for some other it is pretty hard.

for example you can never pump the big coins that also have a high price. a coin like ETH which is already high and in a bubble and worth $200-$300 can not be pumped to $20,000-30,000 that is simply impossible.

but a coin that is already priced low can easily be pumped to a high price. for example if it i worth 100 satoshi it can easily go up to 10,000 satoshi and that is in fact a pretty common thing to happen.

Thanks I had a good laugh. This is the biggest bull I have heard today.
pavelna07

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:12:34 PM

I agree Cindicator has the potential to be one of the best performing ICO launched lately.  I watched it closely during the last weeks and they have a lot going for them

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: