Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:37:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Split BTC in different wallets?  (Read 974 times)
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:07:53 PM

It is better to keep your btc in an offline wallet, so nobody will have access to it, you dont know if one day you wake up and payeer dissapears, the same with those who store their coins on coinbase, xapo, etc, they are "exchangers" so it is not recommendable to keep your bitcoins in there, having them in an offline wallet makes you the fully owner of them, and you are the only one who has the private key.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Compradora

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:08:52 PM

None of them below gives you your private key so you never actually own your wallets. Never use this type of services. Get a real wallet from bitcoin core.

Payeer
cryptopay
coinbase

No private keys...
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:47:47 PM

Dear friends,

I have few btc which i stored in payeer. But upon receiving suggestion from you guys, I decided to split them in 4 wallets just in case if any company has any issues etc:

Payeer
cryptopay
coinbase
Exodus

Can you please advise if it is actually a good idea to split them or if there is any benefit to put all in one wallet?  

I understand it is good to have ledger nano, but from vieo reviews in youtube,  I don't find it user friendly so  I do not want to use it as yet.

Thanks.  Cheesy
yes its always a good idea to split all your bitcoins to different wallets or you could just buy a hardware wallet for much safer storing of your bitcoin like trezor and ledger nano or you can just transfer your coins to a cold storage if you have an old offline computer. in that way it can be acces by hackers or viruses because its offline.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:12:18 PM

Um, so you're worried about companies going down and taking your coins so you switch to four companies that might go down and take your coins. That's not very sensible reasoning.

May we ask why you're so attached to letting anonymous entities have full control over your precious coins?

If you don't like hardware wallets, and I don't understand why not, then paper wallets are free. Phone wallets may not be 100% secure but they're an order of magnitude better than leaving your coins with a bunch of businesses.
CircularLoGic

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:13:38 PM

Dear friends,

I have few btc which i stored in payeer. But upon receiving suggestion from you guys, I decided to split them in 4 wallets just in case if any company has any issues etc:

Payeer
cryptopay
coinbase
Exodus

Can you please advise if it is actually a good idea to split them or if there is any benefit to put all in one wallet? 

I understand it is good to have ledger nano, but from vieo reviews in youtube,  I don't find it user friendly so  I do not want to use it as yet.

Thanks.  Cheesy

I have most of my bitcoins on mycellium but always got a few on coinbase and blockchain.info for exchanges.

Heartstone

Activity: 120
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:14:16 PM

Storage the bitcoins you use in hot and secured wallet and the ones to be held in cold wallet.
BitcoinMuscle

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:24:29 PM

Dear friends,

Payeer
cryptopay
coinbase
Exodus

I understand it is good to have ledger nano, but from vieo reviews in youtube,  I don't find it user friendly so  I do not want to use it as yet.

Thanks.  Cheesy
My friend you dont keep your bitcoin in a wallet, you keep it in an exchanger. So I recommend you to move your bitcoins into a hardware wallet so you have 100% control of it and you are sure that you will never lose your money. Dont trust any company to hold you bitcoins because if bitcoin is irreversible so if the company stole your bitcoins you can never get it back
MANCRYPTOS

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:41:19 PM

Splitting is a good idea it can make your Bitcoins more in safe, but it is better to buy one good hardware wallet and and hold you cryptocurrency there. I seeyou want to hold your money on exchanges - it`s s mistake, your money can be stolen or one day exchange won`t work.

Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:46:06 PM

Dear friends,

Payeer
cryptopay
coinbase
Exodus

Thanks.  Cheesy
when im newbie i also do that and think that because incase of having a problem in wallet that we use right?but theres a wallet here called hard wallet i think its good to save there your bitcoin,the price of bitcoin is volatile so better is to withdraw once you have big bitcoin or try to risk in trading based on my experience 60% chance of profit if you keep monitor it

Hamilcar

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:14:38 PM

If you have a big amount to store i suggest to store it in one hard wallet.

Handelion – Fund | Trade | Expand
Revolutionary blockchain ecosystem for co-funded wholesale trade
Handelion.io◄ ► White paper ◄ ► Facebook ◄ ► Telegram ◄ ► Twitter ◄ ► JOIN ICO NOW
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:24:35 AM

Dear friends,

Payeer
cryptopay
coinbase
Exodus

I understand it is good to have ledger nano, but from vieo reviews in youtube,  I don't find it user friendly so  I do not want to use it as yet.

Thanks.  Cheesy
yes its always a good idea to split all your bitcoins to different wallets or you could just buy a hardware wallet for much safer storing of your bitcoin like trezor and ledger nano or you can just transfer your coins to a cold storage if you have an old offline computer. in that way it can be acces by hackers or viruses because its offline.
I don’t understand what will be the advantage of this rather it is not good for bitcoin holders. If I think about myself I will never do it, because if I want to redeem money from my bitcoin which account I will use for transactions.

I think one wallet is enough and that is blockchain wallet. I don’t need so many wallets to keep my bitcoin in them in small quantities. I am not in favor of many wallets.
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:31:04 AM

Well there's no really sure way to say that your bitcoin is 100% sure. Some say hardware wallet is the safest way, but still hardware can break and be stolen, while online wallet also have its own risk. So for me, splitting it into different account that you trust (with lots of research) may reduce whole loses in something really bad comes up.

Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:21:14 PM

There is no reason for having too many wallets if you're using a trustworthy bitcoin wallet. There are desktop wallets which are considerably more secure than online bitcoin wallets.
Hach

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:19:22 PM

I think it's not a good idea to split your coins to many wallets. In my opinion it's better to save it in one wallet and you secure it well.
You can use a different wallet for daily uses.

mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:26:44 PM

Dear friends,

Payeer
cryptopay
coinbase
Exodus

Thanks.  Cheesy
It is better to store your bitcoins in a hard wallet. For me storing bitcoins in a hard wallet is more safer and nothing to worry because you own that and if there's a problem with you can have your back up that can restore the data of the lost one. Try to read some article about the security of bitcoins in a wallet.
Bitcoinsislife

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:27:21 PM

This is what you should not do. Because there are many deductible money. Send to another wallet. And yet it will be hard for you to see every day. The better you do is buy ledger or trezor there your btc is more secure and not stolen. But if you do not have many hardwallets there you can create an account. as long as you hold your private key no one will have access to your btc as long as you do not give anyone your private key
judaspriest

Activity: 1330

C O M B O

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:31:47 PM

I think you are too complicated. and complicates itself. anything can be as long as it remains safe, why you should limit yourself with such a narrow thought for me. you can keep a wallet only or two can.

Skylake

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:35:19 PM

Dear friends,

Payeer
cryptopay
coinbase
Exodus

Thanks.  Cheesy

all what you say is only market exchanger not wallet, better sparate iot to mycellium, electrum, and paper wallet too,
in middle 2015 i lost 2.5btc i split my bitcoin to same wallet, and my wallet at coinbase and xapo is safe because im use sms authenticator.. i dont know how the hacker can acces my bitcoin, this is the sad experience when i save my bitcoin at exchanger

Dhaaaw

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:43:05 PM

If you think about it that idea is stupid, if you're unsure about a wallet that seems fishy just don't deposit in it. It doesnt matter that you don't have all your bitcoins there even if you have less than 10 dollars worth of bitcoin you should always choose something secure and not risk getting ripped off.
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:46:40 PM

Oh yes. It is advisable to split your bitcoins to different wallets especially if you're using online wallets. You don't know what are the possibilities that your online wallet provider will have a problem. If you have hard wallet then the better.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: