Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Funds: why they will kill venture funds and then will die  (Read 217 times)
alexeykrol (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:53:03 AM

Contents:

Background and premise
    The future of crypto funds (CF)
    Influence on the world financial system
    Why estimates and forecasts of all analysts and experts are systematically erroneous.
    Crypto Fund Syndicate Protocol
    Opinions of well-known experts, venture and crypto investors, start-up founders

Background and premise

The global precondition is the phenomenon of blockchain (BC). When I am talking about blockchain, I don’t mean the technology, but rather uniting of people around a dream.

As the main question asked is not about what can be done using this technology, but rather about the new opportunities BC creates for the development of people.

Nowadays many concerns are expressed regarding the possible banning of crypto currencies and ICO by governments. This is ridiculous. All the prohibitive actions by regulators which we can watch right now is just an attempt to stop flooding by putting sandbags into the water. This is a common transitional process:

Fear, lack of understanding.
    Rejection, prohibition.
    Attempts to lead and regulate.
    The failure of regulation in the standard hierarchical sense.
    Inevitable change.

The resources of all governments are not enough to overcome the desire of people to change to world according to their will, instead the will of the elites.

There are attempts to use blockchain in different spheres, but it’s obvious, that the most powerful application of the technology is the phenomenon of ICO, which has implemented the technology’s fundamental potential.

People have an inalienable right to attract resources to put into life their ideas without asking for a permission of the elites acting as regulators. ICO entered the market where venture funds ran the show, generated turmoil and created a new phenomenon. Crypto funds are entering the scene. They are fundamentally different from classic funds, and, IMHO, they will kill the classic ones completely in the next 2–5 years.

I will describe to you the fundamental factors and preconditions, which, in my opinion, are conducive to this. Then, we’ll peer into the future, into the era, when the incumbent financial institutions — banks, insurance companies, funds — will be replaced by one universal approach — Crypto Fund Syndicate Protocol. Let’s get started.

more - https://medium.com/@alexkrol/crypto-funds-why-they-will-kill-venture-funds-and-then-will-die-in-sync-with-the-financial-47978f7a5797

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:56:59 AM

Regulators are already shutting down ICOs. The government says it is doing so to protect marginal investors from getting cheated. Whatever their true intentions, in the end the government makes the law.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:23:11 PM

Regulators are already shutting down ICOs. The government says it is doing so to protect marginal investors from getting cheated. Whatever their true intentions, in the end the government makes the law.

This happens to be case in China, but anywhere else in the world you can still get your ICO going as far as I know. Even if all major countries banned the issue of liquidity via ICO, there would always be ways to circumvent these limitations if the investor was really interested in a project.

I think the ICO model has been demonized beyond belief due the massive amount of scams happening under it, but is it unfortunate that some of the projects, which are legitimate and bring value to the table, get trapped in this situation of being rejected at sight only because it was issued as an ICO. We should find some common ground. Legitimate projects tat use the ICO model cannot be suffering from being lack of liquidity. So we either let everyone have their ICO, or have some sort of regulatory mechanism, but in general I don't like anyone else choosing for me, I want to be able to choose what is or isn't an scam. If i like the idea, I will invest on the ICO, and I don't want someone to tell me not to. Im not an expert of anything that has to do with economics and so on, but it would suck if a good project gets banned in my country and I can't invest on it only because someone else decided for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: