Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: noob question a GPU hashrate is in a specific algorithm?  (Read 165 times)
litleboy (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:55:51 AM

I'be been doing research o the best GPU for the money and ROI. I'm using nicehash and they have a good amount of GPU info to compare on their calculator and I can see the different speeds of mining,  but for the ones they don't I see people refer to GPU hashrate, is that "speed" on an specific algorithm?

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:36:56 AM

I'be been doing research o the best GPU for the money and ROI. I'm using nicehash and they have a good amount of GPU info to compare on their calculator and I can see the different speeds of mining,  but for the ones they don't I see people refer to GPU hashrate, is that "speed" on an specific algorithm?

Yes, hashrate is how many operations your GPU makes per second. It depends on using algorithm, particular GPU and overclocking settings.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
litleboy (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:28:11 PM

Thanks I understand that part, but I see a lot of people just asking or stating hashrates for a given GPU without mentioning for what algorithm, so I was thinking that if they are not mentioning it's because it may be based on a standard hashrare for bitcoin or etherum or one of the most popular cryptocurrency and their algorithms.

In other word, if someone tell me their GPU has a hashrate of 25 Mh/s,  that is mining what?

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: