Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:17:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum just got personal for me.  (Read 519 times)
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:05:02 AM

So last night I was at a party this rich douche walks in and says, and after few drinks down, the topic of crypto currencies came up, and I said Bitcoin is the best currency, and this guy was like no eth is, and I told him to his face eth is shit, who trades in eth over Bitcoins. Then he's like Bitcoin is not good and how he brought eth and made a profit, despite me telling him that eth is a centralized coin, and it's alt, and that most ico are ether based and most of the ico have turned scams, he just wouldn't budge, it got so heated up, littlerly would have punched him, so I need more view's to put forward to. Any ideas on this?
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Naturally, bitcoin is better than eth for long term, and you may say; in every way bitcoin is better than any other cryptocurrency.
Even though people judge it as scam because centralized or whatever, but take a look at its price, rise up from $22 in the early of this year and reach $289 right now. Profit is the most important thing in investment, now imagine if you have $1000 in the beginning of this year, there is 2 option;
1. buy bitcoin at $1000 and get only BTC1
2. buy ethereum at $22 and get 45 eth
how much profit you get right now?
1. Current price $3935 which mean $2935 profit
2. Current price $289, which mean $12,000 profit. Can you imagine that?
That's why, that man argued that eth is best.
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 05:38:10 AM

You told him wrong,ethereum is a good open source smart contract platform based on blockchain.
In theory,ethereum is one of the latest technologies in cryto world.
It is assumed the very next to bitcoin among all altcoins and has many lucrative aspects.
If you explore, you would find digital tokens are based on ether network,we can say ICOs are baseless without ethereum support.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:53:14 AM

So last night I was at a party this rich douche walks in and says, and after few drinks down, the topic of crypto currencies came up, and I said Bitcoin is the best currency, and this guy was like no eth is, and I told him to his face eth is shit, who trades in eth over Bitcoins. Then he's like Bitcoin is not good and how he brought eth and made a profit, despite me telling him that eth is a centralized coin, and it's alt, and that most ico are ether based and most of the ico have turned scams, he just wouldn't budge, it got so heated up, littlerly would have punched him, so I need more view's to put forward to. Any ideas on this?
That seems went to be weird but funny, tho Grin (someone quarrelled because of this topic, huh?). Well,for me, bitcoin is way far better than ethereum in a lot of aspects. Search in google "cryptocurrencies ranking" and you'll see bitcoin at 1 and ethereum at 2. Another is taking a look at the value of these two, bitcoin is more valuable than ethereum (I mean, bitcoin price is higher than ethereum, although both of these are valuable). Next is its usability. More people are inclined with bitcoin than ethereum, and bitcoin is more popular that's why there are more bitcoin wallets out there. We can't deny that bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrencies.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:36:01 AM

Profit is the most important thing in investment, now imagine if you have $1000 in the beginning of this year, there is 2 option;
1. buy bitcoin at $1000 and get only BTC1
2. buy ethereum at $22 and get 45 eth
how much profit you get right now?
1. Current price $3935 which mean $2935 profit
2. Current price $289, which mean $12,000 profit. Can you imagine that?
That's why, that man argued that eth is best.

profit is important but not the most important thing. there are lots of things you need to consider. like how much risk your investment has. the risks of bitcoin investment is a lot lower than any other altcoin.

besides if what you explained here is all the logic you need to invest in something then i can bring 100 examples of things that are 10000 times better than ETH because they could have given much more profit!

example: HTMLCOIN!
it is literary a shitcoin. the value was 0.1 satoshi (yeah it was literary worth less than 1 satoshi) and went up to 15 satoshi. that is a 14,900% profit
your $1000 investment could have turned into $150,000
so with that man's logic HTML5 is the best investment!!!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:55:26 AM

Haha That was funny men, You need to learn how to control your temper though, but you really got a point on that and the other guy has a point too, but if we really try to think about it Bitcoin is the pioneer of this Cryptocurrency and other coins, Bitcoin has also a big support from community and it's reputation is really respectable. Without Bitcoin, surely there will be no Alts like ETH.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:48:24 AM

profit is important but not the most important thing. there are lots of things you need to consider. like how much risk your investment has. the risks of bitcoin investment is a lot lower than any other altcoin.
Obviously, that's why people who can deal with the risk to invest in potential coins could get big profits compare to layman with weak hands.
The risk to invest $1000 in ethereum maybe bigger than invest in bitcoin, depend on current market condition, but it's worth to try.

besides if what you explained here is all the logic you need to invest in something then i can bring 100 examples of things that are 10000 times better than ETH because they could have given much more profit!

example: HTMLCOIN!
it is literary a shitcoin. the value was 0.1 satoshi (yeah it was literary worth less than 1 satoshi) and went up to 15 satoshi. that is a 14,900% profit
your $1000 investment could have turned into $150,000
so with that man's logic HTML5 is the best investment!!!

you are right, that's 1 example. I am waiting for another 9999 examples which better than invest in eth.
Many people dare to invest $1000 into bitcoin or ethereum, but who want to spend so much money into shitcoin?
Traders could manage to get profits from HTMLCOIN by beating other traders, but won't put so much money in it.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:44:24 AM

the advertisement done by ethereum team has been very good. that is why there are so many people who are passionately and emotionally supporting it. and that is one of the reasons the price is still resisting all the dumps that are happening and slows down the downward slope to oblivion Smiley

next time you saw that guy instead of punching him ask him what was the usage that "he" got out of Ethereum aside from investing in it. then show all the thousands of merchants that are accepting bitcoin to him...

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Thymoty

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

CPLAY Network

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:49:34 AM

Ethereum is no better than Bitcoin, because Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and anytime Bitcoin will be the benchmark for other altcoins, especially Ethereum ..

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:55:51 AM

the advertisement done by ethereum team has been very good. that is why there are so many people who are passionately and emotionally supporting it. and that is one of the reasons the price is still resisting all the dumps that are happening and slows down the downward slope to oblivion Smiley

next time you saw that guy instead of punching him ask him what was the usage that "he" got out of Ethereum aside from investing in it. then show all the thousands of merchants that are accepting bitcoin to him...

It is not advertise the ethereum in any form. There are many ethreum based altcoin has been introduced from the past 8 months and all smart contract project are started with ethereum only not a bitcoin based one. If you find any digital coin accepting site, you will find enormously bitcoin alone not other altcoin. Invest on bitcoin to increase with your investment amount.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
patrik1012

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Blockchain the future of democratic payment!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:05:24 PM

They're actually good cryptocurrency and it must be entertain very well. For you maybe you just want to get the best price right? Or do you want to get the goal of it? What's the goal of the BTC and Ethereum? That's the point for me. I want to clarify it. No confusion not necessary all you need to do is to know what's your inner desire of picking this cryptocurrencies.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1263

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 12:11:41 PM

Well I must say that you are not alone and this has happened with me several times as well. Personally I was introduced to Bitcoin before Ethereum and hence the first choice preference is always there. However one must consider the advantages and disadvantages while comparing two different crypto before commenting on them and not be biased about them. I feel both have potential capabilities for boosting value in future and hence I buy both but of course bitcoin prices vary on a larger scale than ether. It is totally your own decision whether you want to invest more in bitcoin or ether and other people's opinions dont matter.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:15:32 PM

i think acussion about bitcoin vs ethereum, bitcoin are the number one coins he is the father of all coins ethereum as second coins are among all coins are also have good value and good investment for the future. i think both of them have a good potential to become famous in crypto world but bitcoin always on the top.
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:11:12 AM

Well I must say that you are not alone and this has happened with me several times as well. Personally I was introduced to Bitcoin before Ethereum and hence the first choice preference is always there. However one must consider the advantages and disadvantages while comparing two different crypto before commenting on them and not be biased about them. I feel both have potential capabilities for boosting value in future and hence I buy both but of course bitcoin prices vary on a larger scale than ether. It is totally your own decision whether you want to invest more in bitcoin or ether and other people's opinions dont matter.

Bitcoin was our first. This is the reason behind our perception indicating that bitcoin is better than ether.

But we can't neglect ether, it's gonna provide new things to the ecosystem.
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:07:47 AM

Well i must say its bitcoin, because as a full member ive known many things in bitcoin including this particular issue, of what is the biggest ico, what is the largest amount coins and the competition between ethereum and bitcoin, and for for my opinion and the really truth is the bitcoin is the one, because as we can see bitcoin is the largest ico, and it has the largest value and known in all crypto, the ethereum is just at the bottom of bitcoin so it is. Really the bitcoin.
wolfracer

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:34:18 AM

Everything will depends on the functionality the user is looking at time of making investments in the purchase of crytocurrencies, for example:
If you are looking for versatility in the moment making its transactions, Eth should be your first choice; since it is not only a blockchain to move money but also to run Dapps.
On the other hand, if the user wants to increase its capital or protect its savings, the most convenient option would be the purchase of Btc, due to their popularity and expectations of future growth. Personally I consider time passed for Eth to increase its value exponentially.

Lorilikes

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:38:05 AM

Tell him "my bitcoin invented blockchain, Foo."
Vitalik even respects btc.  What a doofus your friend is . 
Guys fight over who has the better coin... there are no end to the laughs.
Bitcoin brought the game to the table.
Every drummer gives kudos to Neil Pert just like all crypto heads give respect to the original bitcoin.

Ask Me About Press Releases and Content Creation
★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

★▃ ▂⭐️⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨
✨★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:42:33 AM

Honestly, this seems like such a ridiculous argument to me. If you're at a party having some beers, presumably with girls around, why are you arguing about ETH vs. BTC.

It's like arguing over Batman vs. Superman. Neither of you will admit you're wrong, so the argument will never end.

Just have another beer.

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:45:41 AM

It's not a currency. Let's start with that lol. Now that we have that out of the way..

Centralized - what if the one dev gets hit by a bus? Eth goes to 0.

Infinite supply. There will always be more.

This ICO craze. It's not sustainable and something better than ETH will take over that part of the market.
aryaadikariyansyahsuwarto

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

This Is Promissing Project

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:14:07 AM

Grin that's a ridiculous thing just because you're fighting. Come on bung, try a little mature, let them think as they please, who feel our advantage. So do not think about what they say. Go for yourself, if others will not listen to us, leave it alone.

●●●   AmaStar   ●●●  EARN FOR PORN  ●●●
Pre-ICO PERIOD : 15 Nov. - 31 Dec.., 2018

ANN      Bounty    Whitepaper      Telegram      Twitter      Linked In      Facebook      
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: