Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 06:37:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens with huge airdrops?  (Read 376 times)
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:16:27 PM

In my observation, those who offer a huge amount of coin during airdrop will fail. Just like on deep onion they offer so much but the value now is decreasing. But airdrop is actually a good marketing strategy. I received 100k token from an airdroo last night and hopefully it will be on exchange soon with a good price.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:06:49 PM

In my observation, those who offer a huge amount of coin during airdrop will fail. Just like on deep onion they offer so much but the value now is decreasing. But airdrop is actually a good marketing strategy. I received 100k token from an airdroo last night and hopefully it will be on exchange soon with a good price.

in other words, it's a good way for scammy developers to make some bitcoin profits quickly through a pre-mine. the price pumps initially, in line with the launch of the marketing campaign. over time, the price dies and never recovers. i won't be surprised if projects like deep onion and POStoken go nowhere.

airdrops shouldn't define a currency. for it to be viable, it has to be a small portion of the supply given in each airdrop. bitsend is a good example. each round is chump change if you want to immediately dump for BTC or USD. that discourages dumpers from joining in the first place, and encourages long term holding. i think other dev teams should learn from this.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: