Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:15:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Fork 2 ?  (Read 2482 times)
rexona

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:31:03 PM

First Cash, Now Gold? Another Bitcoin Hard Fork Is on the Way
is it TRUE?

what is this "Gold" that people have been talking about (and by people i mean brand new accounts like yourself making new topics).
all i could find that was closes was BitGold which is pretty old and it was nothing interesting at all.

so if you have any information please share it with proper links here

If i'm not mistaking it's just an altcoin that wants to ride on bitcoin's success by using bitcoin's name and just attaching "gold" at the end.
I can't find the website in my browser's history, but if i'm correct, it's an alt that switched to an algo that is currently only cpu/gpu minable.

is it true is altcoin? if true I think it will not have a big impact for crypto itself instead. but I'm still curious, let's wait
Denov Setu

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:46:20 PM

I hope hardfork this time can have a positive impact on the bitcoin itself and can give a successful new coin like BCH but I also a little worried if fork this time is not as fast as like 1 August ago and make us can not make withdrawal for several weeks,,
Does anyone know whether we will get compensation again like when the first hardfork?
Panah Arjuna

Activity: 195

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

according to what I know, it's just an altcoin that wants to rival the bitcoin glory by using a bitcoin name and just attach gold at the end.
I have not been able to find the website in my browser history, but if I am right, it is alt that switch to algo which is currently only cpu / gpu which can be mined.
but I just hope this will bring something lucrative for the BTC holders as it did the last fork.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:37:07 PM

[snip]
is it true is altcoin? if true I think it will not have a big impact for crypto itself instead. but I'm still curious, let's wait

yes, "bitcoin gold" is an altcoin which is also going to change how the mining of bitcoin works so that it can be mined with GPU. if you ask me that is a futile effort but it may be interesting to see how it is really going to work.

and don't forget that BTG has a huge premine which they are calling "ICO" for some weird reason!

There is a FOMO brewing...
Ariess

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:57:30 PM

is it TRUE?

still confused with this one thing. I have not thought anything and decrypt it, I just see and monitor what will happen next
culun86

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:07:32 AM

it seems to me, if the second fork will charge the holders of bitcoins the same freebie as the first. And this new bitcoin will grow to $ 1,200 per 1 piece. The holders of the bitcoins should be prepared for this, because this is a chance to multiply their capital several times and we also have to be good at checking how to go down its bitcoin !!
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:34:00 AM

it seems to me, if the second fork will charge the holders of bitcoins the same freebie as the first. And this new bitcoin will grow to $ 1,200 per 1 piece. The holders of the bitcoins should be prepared for this, because this is a chance to multiply their capital several times and we also have to be good at checking how to go down its bitcoin !!

$1200 per Bitgold? A $20 billion market cap out of thin air? Anything is possible in crypto, I'll be the first to admit it right now. But you realize that this money has to come from somewhere, right? Investors need to be lining up at the exchanges to buy Bitcoin Gold. Why would they do that, instead of investing in Bitcoin, or Ethereum or any other altcoin for that matter?

Many cryptocurrencies -- even scammy ones -- offer the chance to multiply your capital several times over. How do you know that people won't immediately dump their Bitcoin Gold to put the funds into better looking coins?

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:37:52 AM

you do realize that bitcoin gold has a very large premine right?
do you honestly think people are going to invest in something like that?

i am sure that BTG will get pumped at some point just like many other altcoins that are being pumped every day but something with such a huge premine and with nothing to offer can not really grow that much. so don't keep your hopes up. specially at first.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:38:53 AM

That is on the news I have read earlier today, it will happen  on the first week of November and it says the price on the market might reach $6000 before the year ends.

Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:41:26 AM

I have heard about this. I think hodling bitcoins on an exchanger might give you free "forked" btc's. Just like the bcc last aglugust 1, the first bitcoin fork.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:43:58 AM

As I know hard fork 2 will be happened on 25th October. After the 1st hard fork on 1st August Bitcoin price has increased very quickly from more than 2k$ per Bitcoin to more than 4k$ in few days. I hope that after 2nd hard fork on 25th October it'll be the same with what happened after the hard fork on 1st August maybe Bitcoin price will get over 5k$ after the up coming hard fork Smiley
I have heard that we will meet not just one, but two forks this year. One, just like you said, on 25th Ocober and another one on 15th November. Will they both happen or just one nobody knows yet, but speculators don't waste the time to play and earn on those news.
mbelosto

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:48:51 AM

That is nice to get free coins but all those forks doesn't make any good for long term.
People want to make some cash, but this connects to what a lot of people say - it is not stable and limitations on number of coins doesn't really make sense.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:54:11 AM

I heard it too, hoping that the thing that happens to bitcoin on the first forking will also be the same as it is in the second forking of bitcoin. What I mean is that I am hoping that bitcoin price will increase also if the forking this last week of October or first week of November will be the same at it have undergone on the first. If that would happen I would gladly say that really bitcoin will be increasing more through time.
Bacchu

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:59:07 AM

any source news  link for hard fork? I want to see the news.some one help to find out the link.Now I have some BTC , previous hard fork i missed but i didn't want miss it.
Jovovich

Activity: 316
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:00:47 AM

I heard it too, hoping that the thing that happens to bitcoin on the first forking will also be the same as it is in the second forking of bitcoin. What I mean is that I am hoping that bitcoin price will increase also if the forking this last week of October or first week of November will be the same at it have undergone on the first. If that would happen I would gladly say that really bitcoin will be increasing more through time.

Having a second fork would also mean that the previous fork was successful in some ways. Releasing another fork would really be another news for the bitcoin and btcgold is expected to be as good or better than the bitcoincash. Depending on how miners and what are the features of bitcoin gold, it is safe to say that another altcoin is will also be the highlight for a month.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:39:57 AM

The splitting of coins is a worst case scenerio if a proposal does not receive enough support. In this case, segwit2x. As far as support goes, it's not getting a lot of it. So right now, a fork is pretty much inevitable.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

The splitting of coins is a worst case scenerio if a proposal does not receive enough support. In this case, segwit2x. As far as support goes, it's not getting a lot of it. So right now, a fork is pretty much inevitable.

With a hard fork, a split chain with multiple resulting coins should always be expected. In Bitcoin, it's always inevitable due to its high level of decentralization. What usually prevents such forks is a high level of centralization, as we see in Ethereum. In their hard forks, the founders/core developers coordinate closely with mining pools (which are much more centralized than in Bitcoin) and wallet developers.

Wallets are set to fork by default, so any users who aren't actively opposed to the fork will fork by default. In other words, the ETH developers coordinate their forks so the majority of users can be passively "harvested" (for lack of better words), rather than users making conscious choices about changes to consensus rules.

Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 09:21:00 PM

is it TRUE?

This was also my question few days ago. Don't really have much knowledge about fork but I just hope this will bring something that is advantageous for BTC holders just like what happened last fork.
The fork on august 1 produces btc cash as a result. Bitcoin price becomes high after the fork because investors saw that it is a good time to buy btc at that time since it is very cheap making the bitcoin cash less popular and holders of it jist sell it for a lower price than the market dictates. The fork on november will produce bitcoin gold and I doubt that it will affect the bitcoin price as I see the market the trend of market now.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
holdingkrypto

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:47:21 PM

Oh man, 2 forks more in just a few months. Bitcoin is not a toy. Whatever it is please stop it. If you want to play just create an altcoin but do not usurp the bitcoin name.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:06:52 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 11:17:52 PM by sylance

Two instances is not a trend, but I really hope this doesn't turn into a normal occurrence.  I know the price popped after the first fork but we can't expect that to always happen.  Some dollars flowed into BCH, and those could have went into BTC.

That said... so far this one feels different.  The first fork was all over news sites, podcasts, and BCT.  I wonder if this one will crash and burn and quiet future forks.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: