Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:47:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Interested In Buying Bitcoin With Paypal?  (Read 5878 times)
BitCoinzRUS (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:09:35 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 04:08:16 PM by BitCoinzRUS

Anyone Interested In Buying Bitcoin With Paypal? Email me at swordtoplaysharesomega3@yahoo.com if your interested in buying Bitcoin with Paypal.

I am selling  0.25, 0.5, and 1.0 Bitcoins. You can pay incrementally for added protection if you chose to deal with me. For example if you want to buy 1.0 Bitcoin for X amount of Dollars from me. We can break it down to 2 or more transactions. That way you can verify that I have actually delivered the amount you paid for before giving me more money. So if you want 1 Bitcoin we can break it down to 2,3, or 4 transactions. I will break down 0.25 Bitcoin into 2 transactions if requested and I can break down 0.5 Bitcoin into two 0.25 transactions. My goal is to build trust.

For example if you want 1 Bitcoin we can break it down to 4 transactions of 0.25 Bitcoin. Where you pay $40 each time. I'm not willing to break it down farther than 4 transactions because than it would be too time consuming.

I will accept payment from Verified Paypal Accounts only.

You will receive your Bitcoin within hours of your Paypal Payment. My goal is to build trust so that way can be regular exchange partners. I will not sell more than 1 Bitcoin per person until it has been 72 hours after a successful transaction. For example if you buy 0.5 Bitcoin from me via Paypal after 72 hours I will allow you to purchase up to 3 Bitcoins per week from me.

Please send the funds as a gift, that way I can avoid 3% Paypal fees.

I am selling Bitcoin at $160 per Bitcoin. Which I believe is reasonable as it is significantly lower than ebay prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321134778320?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
The above auctioned ended at $222.50 on May 30, 2013

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251283035897?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
The Above Auction ended at $178.50 May 31, 2013
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:27:31 PM

Buyer beware: (read: newbies beware)

Paying for something as a gift has all the smells of a scam.  Even more so that it's from a guy with 3 posts here and is a newbie himself.  Why would paying so much above market rate make any sense anyways if he's already avoiding fees by making you pay for it as a gift?

mm8000

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:31:48 PM

This smells..

Sending as gift makes it harder to get your money back *if* he did scam you.

Stick to exchanges/escrow and stay safe.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:45:16 PM

Too expensive.

If you're willing to sell for $110 per bitcoin, then I'm interested in buying and can pay with PayPal.
BitCoinzRUS (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:09:37 PM

Too expensive.

If you're willing to sell for $110 per bitcoin, then I'm interested in buying and can pay with PayPal.

Well that's crazy cause that's under Mt.Gox Market value by $20.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:13:22 PM

I will scam you harder than you can scam me mofo.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
BitCoinzRUS (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:13:55 PM

Buyer beware: (read: newbies beware)

Paying for something as a gift has all the smells of a scam.  Even more so that it's from a guy with 3 posts here and is a newbie himself.  Why would paying so much above market rate make any sense anyways if he's already avoiding fees by making you pay for it as a gift?

I'm selling bitcoins on ebay. If anyone wants to buy from me via ebay I will give them my listing info with a buy it now price. The problem with ebay is they charge seller's 10% fees, plus 3% paypal fees and initial insertion fees. I'm asking as a gift for 2 reasons. One if its not a gift how do I prove to Paypal I actually delivered it in case someone files a case on me. I doubt Paypal guys even know what block chain info is.

The other reason is I skip out on 3% paypal fees.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:18:32 PM

when you purchase anything in paypal and its sold to you as a gift (to avoid paying fees) you also lose protection as a buyer. That means if you don't get anything and claim a refund then you may or may not get your money back.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:18:55 PM

A PSA for noobs:  If the seller agrees to escrow then you have little to lose (other than high price) with this deal.  If the seller doesn't well your alarm bells should go off.  If you use escrow make sure the person is reputable like John K and also make sure it is actually escrowed.  Your payment address should come directly from the person providing escrow.

To the OP just a warning:
Excessive use of "gift" payments will result in PayPal taking a close look at your account.  In the real world nobody gets hundreds of gifts from people all over the planet.  Do you know anyone like that?  Pretty easy for PayPal to pick out the unusual activity and they will eventually.   How much is too much?  Well that is likely something you won't find out until after the fact, like an overdose.  Ooops that was too much.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:19:23 PM

when you purchase anything in paypal and its sold to you as a gift (to avoid paying fees) you also lose protection as a buyer. That means if you don't get anything and claim a refund then you may or may not get your money back.

Which is why the buyer should insist on escrow with a reputable person.  

You send BTC to escrow.
You pay seller.
You notify escrow.
Escrow sends BTC to seller.

Everybody wins.
BitCoinzRUS (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:24:26 PM

This smells..

Sending as gift makes it harder to get your money back *if* he did scam you.

Stick to exchanges/escrow and stay safe.

This isn't a scam though I understand the skepticism. I'll offer to sell 0.1 Bitcoin for $16 just to establish some sort of reputation.

Not sure how Bitcoin escrow works. Otherwise I'd accept that as a means of insurance for both parties. Perhaps it's something I will look into. I'm new to bitcoin. Just looking to sell my Bitcoin via Paypal without having to go through ebay as they charge 10% final value fees on top of their initial insertion fees. Also I'm looking for fast turnover. Guess I'll stick with ebay for now.

If anyone has an ebay account and wants to buy bitcoin from me email me and I can create an auction especially for you with a low $1 buy it now price. Once you buy it now for $1 and send money via paypal as a gift I will deliver your bitcoin. This is to bypass fees. I have 100% positive rep on ebay and I use to sell US coins before I got into bitcoin. I'm not going to ruin my ebay account over $160 dollar transaction it's worth a lot more to me than $165.

These are my ebay auctions.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261220607135?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261220609913?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Ethicoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:25:10 PM

I doubt this is a scam as anyone can simply do a chargeback through Paypal

OP be careful.
BitCoinzRUS (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:29:49 PM

You send BTC to escrow.
You pay seller.
You notify escrow.

Everybody wins.

Where is this escrow service available? I'm new to the whole bitcoin scene. What I do have is an account with Mt.Gox and am willing to sell Bitcoins via paypal for a premium to those who don't want to or can't deal with Mt.Gox. I'm willing to go down in price to $145 which is only slightly above Mt.Gox price is someone is really interested in using me as a go between. I think $145 is a fair price given the international Bank Wire fees involved for funding Mt.Gox accounts.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:30:32 PM

I doubt this is a scam as anyone cam simply do a chargeback through Paypal

OP be careful.

I have doubts about you, read my original post. What did I say about this? Do you not read the thread before posting?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:33:24 PM

You send BTC to escrow.
You pay seller.
You notify escrow.

Everybody wins.

Where is this escrow service available? I'm new to the whole bitcoin scene. What I do have is an account with Mt.Gox and am willing to sell Bitcoins via paypal for a premium to those who don't want to or can't deal with Mt.Gox. I'm willing to go down in price to $145 which is only slightly above Mt.Gox price is someone is really interested in using me as a go between. I think $145 is a fair price given the international Bank Wire fees involved for funding Mt.Gox accounts.

Guys if you want to do this a proper way you do this through ESCROW and here is a system set up by a reputable member:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219412.0

Tell him Jag sent you, he will hook you up with a referral discount.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:09:22 PM

Here is a list of forum members that have some experience and reputation holding escrow.  The most well known and trusted is probably John K, but for small amounts, I'd trust anyone on the list.

Escrow list

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0
Ethicoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:47:20 PM

I doubt this is a scam as anyone cam simply do a chargeback through Paypal

OP be careful.

I have doubts about you, read my original post. What did I say about this? Do you not read the thread before posting?

No I just assumed it was another junk thread.

Which it is.

But you are right: OP may well be a scammer. What a surprise this thread is useless and will result in someone being scammed.
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:01:01 PM

This is too expensive.

33% extra over mtgox...

If you can only buy through Paypal, you can do the whole thing through VirWox (PAYPAL > SLL > BTC) and it'll end up costing mtgox + 10-15%.

Seckmet Litiz

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 05:14:49 PM

I want to buy 2 BTC using PayPal or ZAR.
I am willing to pay curent market price 2 x $70 = $140 + $5 fee = $145.
I must convert ZAR to the currensy I will be buying in, so it can be other than USD too.
lizzyf13

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:02:41 AM

I am VERY interested. Can send money with my verified paypal account no problem. let me know THanks
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: