Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:14:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long did you wait before do you sell your ICO Coins ?  (Read 889 times)
shuuk (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:35:56 AM

Yes thats what i want to know.
What i see sometimes its good to sell when it comes to exchange because the price go up.
After that the price go mostly down for months.

On the other side there is a way to wait 1-2 years and hope the project not die lol and it goes moon

so how do YOU handle ICO ?
muntdrop

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:44:35 AM

Hodl untill it breaks out, could take days,weeks,months or even years. Or sell directly with aprofit and after it gets dumped (see Kyber) by back for a lower price :-).

But... only invest in solid ICO's of course ...
Proxik

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:50:30 AM

I dont sell I only HODL my coins like Stratis and NEBL.

They are like the partyhats in Runescape, they will only increase in price overtime....and remember there are always dips, its like rain..pure natural and sunshine will come.
muntdrop

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:57:25 AM

I dont sell I only HODL my coins like Stratis and NEBL.

They are like the partyhats in Runescape, they will only increase in price overtime....and remember there are always dips, its like rain..pure natural and sunshine will come.

Im with you on Neblio ... will make great profits !!
Morphling

Activity: 308
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:03:51 AM

watching the k line, you may think you have missed so many opportunities to make a fortune, but if you really involved, you may feel if noly not come in, so there are two strategy, one is sell immediately after hitting on the exchange as profits exit, the other is to hold for a long time till the price rising you want

rajakoin1994

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:53:05 AM

I usually separate the ico that provides short-term benefits and ico that provide long-term benefits.
If I feel the ico will not survive for a long time, when the market price is suitable or already give me a little profit, I will immediately sell it.
But for ICO like neblio and the newly finished kickico, I will keep the coins for years.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:56:13 AM

It all depends on the token that is being bought during the ICO, greatly relying on the roadmap that the development team has proposed. If there are short term, quick goals for the project to lift off, it could have a faster rise in price opposed to the projects which take longer time to implement their ideologies into action.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:01:08 PM

It all depends on the token that is being bought during the ICO, greatly relying on the roadmap that the development team has proposed. If there are short term, quick goals for the project to lift off, it could have a faster rise in price opposed to the projects which take longer time to implement their ideologies into action.

Same here, it depends on the coin. But if the developer is active and releasing updates and products then I am holding it for sometime. Also, if price is above the ICO price, then its good to sell it al;so and you can always buy back on its dip.
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:44:57 PM

I hold my ICO coins as long i can. There's no exact time on how long you gonna hold it , becase there's no exact time when the price of ICO coin get higher.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:16:34 PM

watching the k line, you may think you have missed so many opportunities to make a fortune, but if you really involved, you may feel if noly not come in, so there are two strategy, one is sell immediately after hitting on the exchange as profits exit, the other is to hold for a long time till the price rising you want
I think selling very early is not that good as holding it for along time to ensure that the price is worth it. I mean there are so many strategies and so many ways in order for you to make a fortune out of it, so it is really depends on the person who's the coins, just give them some worth it advice, I mean don't tell him what to do it will not improve the person at all, just tell those tips and leave it be. That should be enough really.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:17:09 PM

What i see sometimes its good to sell when it comes to exchange because the price go up.

On the other side there is a way to wait 1-2 years and hope the project not die lol and it goes moon

There is no fixed time of selling your tokens and all of this depends upon the token itself. If the token is showing growth and the value of token is increasing then you should hold it.
Avoid investing in projects which do not seem progressive and don't have a solid team.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:32:46 PM

In my case, I hold coins depending on their potent. If I think a certain coin will have a higher price in the future, I will hols it for a long period of time. I am only basing on the market, and what kind of ICO that coin belong. If the ICO is timely, for sure that coin won't die in an instant, which also means that bigger profit to be earned in the future.
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:35:14 PM

There's many factors that help determine this for me. I usually try to hold for the long term, particularly if i believe in the project and team. I usually take out my initial investment and just let profits ride if/when it goes 2-3x. The longest holds so far are stratis and lisk and this HODL has paid off very well. A few of my friends sold after they did a 2-3x and are obviously highly regretting that decision now. Pick projects you believe in and have faith through the dips.

Anndrianno

Activity: 185

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:43:11 PM

Sell as soon as I can. Always. That is the basic rule of handling any ICO

Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:00:55 PM

all suggestion is great help to beginners like me i need to know what is the best step to preparing to buy coins and selling again. trading for me is the best way possible to have a experience to earn bitcoin.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 02:10:30 PM

I think it took me two months before making some decision to finally sell my ICO Coins. I just get 20-40% of earning. But for me, holding an ICO Coins depends on the coins you are holding of course.
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:52:08 PM

all of that back again to yourself, do you think the coin will rise in the future, or even will fall, if you think it will fall, immediately sell it, but if not, hold it until the coin rise drastically

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:53:59 PM

Just sell if you still got the profit. When i invest with big money, I always carefully thinking about the possibility which may come, I always think that if i could get the profit right now why waiting for thing that's uncertain, so I sell all of my invested ICO token.
but for small amount of investment, i just leave it , and check the market after few months.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:57:58 PM

My personal perspective is I would only buy into an ICO if I believed in the project.

If you don't believe in the project or don't know enough about it, then it is pure gambling, and in this case if for some reason I bought at an ICO I didn't believe in then I would sell immediately.

btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:00:48 PM

I always consider my ICO coins as long term investment so I didn't sell any of my coins that I got it with ICO. I'm not sad because of that.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: