Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 07:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Powerball Lotto Pool 40 Million Jackpot)  (Read 840 times)
LottoPool (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:30:31 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 08:48:28 PM by LottoPool

Longtime lurker here, looking to expand our small office powerball pool.  After the recent large jackpot, we have decided that we are going to continue a powerball pool, and if mega millions gets large, we may play that also.  

The way we run our pool is you may contribute into it by increments of 2.00.  Any winnings are split based on the total percentage of tickets that you bought.

Example:

The pool bought a total of 50 tickets (2.00 each.)  You contributed 10.00 to the pool (5 tickets).  Since your contribution was 10% of the pool, you receive 10% of the winnings on that drawing.

Powerball drawing are every Wednesday and Saturday.  Tickets will be bought the day of the drawing, and the numbers will be posted to the spreadsheet before the drawing.

Forum members may play by posting in this thread, advising how many tickets you would like to buy for the pool (Increments of 2.00 please), and may either send by btc (small winnings paid back in BTC, if a jackpot hits, would be fiat obviously), or if local to Springfield, MO, may meet if you prefer to pay in cash.

SPREADSHEET LINK (Open to all):  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia-VyJ3tzMudFVhclN2VDVtMFlRc09sUTZuSFdkVXc&usp=sharing

If you want to get in the pool, please post in this thread, and then pm me, and I will provide you an address to send your btc to, so I can make sure that your payment is properly credited.

However, please post in this thread with your address, so I can properly add you to the ledger and make sure you are paid any winnings.  If you want to be paid to an address other than the one you are sending with, it needs to be in your post.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post or PM.  

karlsberg

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:04:45 PM

Please. Make your scam a little bit better  Roll Eyes
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:07:36 PM

No scam.  Honest pool. Also, not requiring anyone to play, its completely up to you.  Just offering it up.

I see the scams here everyday.  So I see where you are coming from.  Thank you for the input.

Bethany

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:09:01 PM

Pretty sure if you hit the big one, you would be off with the money
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:20:16 PM

Everyone in the pool is in my office at the moment, and I'm pretty sure courts would not allow me to be "off with the money".

As stated before, totally your choice.  Thank you for your thoughts.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:28:24 PM

hahahaha did you not see the news where that one group was suing a chick for half of the lotto winnings because the one chick took off with all of the winning's even though it was an office draw? Problem is the purchaser had his/her name on the tickets so the winnings go to her legally and then its up to her to pay out to her friends/colleagues.... I believe by law the most you can do is get your lotto investment back, here's your $2 sir be on your way Smiley

What a scam ! hahaha
Bethany

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:29:10 PM

lol yea legally the ticket is yours
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:34:52 PM

Please priovide evidence my post is a scam.  Thank you.

What I posted is legit, factual, and if you are not interested in joining, no hard feelings, just do not join.  It's simply an offer.  Some people from our social circles wanted to join our pool at work when the jackpot was almost 600 Million, and I decided to post here, after thinking it over.  You feel it is a scam, ok, fine.  No harm, no foul, move along.  You want to throw 2.00 into the mix, again, your choice, no harm, no foul.

To blindly call something someone does is irresponsible. 

Do I have credibility on here yet?  Nope.  Does that mean I am a scammer?  Nope. 

The lottery is a risk.  Dealing with people online is a risk.  If you prefer zero risk, please avoid participation.  To me, this is a fun way to look forward to the very slight possibility of winning a large sum of money.  Of course it is probably not going to happen......IT'S A LOTTERY.

Anyways, carry on, and have a great day.  Thank you for your input.

ALSO.... your statement is false.  If there is a record (the spreadsheet), then any court in America will side with the defendants and force the winnings to be split between them.  It has happened before.  If there is no record of the pool, then obviously its a he said she said situation.

Please inform yourself before making an assumption.

Good day.
Bethany

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:36:11 PM

there are hundreds of lottery scams, this is just one of them. I run a syndicate at my work and we all signed this contact thing the lottery company sent us and I scan the tickets every week and post them up on the wall. don't do online pools theya re mostly scams
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:39:01 PM

there are hundreds of lottery scams, this is just one of them. I run a syndicate at my work and we all signed this contact thing the lottery company sent us and I scan the tickets every week and post them up on the wall. don't do online pools theya re mostly scams

Agree.  And I can scan the tickets also, We make copies at work and pass out to participants, but for anyone who is interested we can def scan tickets for you.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:27:01 PM

Please priovide evidence my post is a scam.  Thank you.

What I posted is legit, factual, and if you are not interested in joining, no hard feelings, just do not join.  It's simply an offer.  Some people from our social circles wanted to join our pool at work when the jackpot was almost 600 Million, and I decided to post here, after thinking it over.  You feel it is a scam, ok, fine.  No harm, no foul, move along.  You want to throw 2.00 into the mix, again, your choice, no harm, no foul.

Do I have credibility on here yet?  Nope.  Does that mean I am a scammer?  Nope.  

The lottery is a risk.  Dealing with people online is a risk.  If you prefer zero risk, please avoid participation.  To me, this is a fun way to look forward to the very slight possibility of winning a large sum of money.  Of course it is probably not going to happen......IT'S A LOTTERY.

Anyways, carry on, and have a great day.  Thank you for your input.

ALSO.... your statement is false.  If there is a record (the spreadsheet), then any court in America will side with the defendants and force the winnings to be split between them.  It has happened before.  If there is no record of the pool, then obviously its a he said she said situation.

Good day.

Depends on the case and the judge, there is no law that will force law to side with defendants when the security is under someone's name in black and white. Its the beauty of American law, it pays to be greedy right!

A verbal contract may not be enough because there would need to be overwhelming evidence that there was an exchange of words to the tune of, hey if I win I will split my winnings. A written contract obviously is not done in these cases. It is an assumption and assumptions are always  buyers beware.

On the internet im sure the game changes, there is no physical exchange between hands, its electronic. There is a loophole there and I'm not confident you can take it to court if you do win, but again its 50/50 if you want to take a risk go ahead, but in life almost everything is a risk.
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:28:24 PM

Please priovide evidence my post is a scam.  Thank you.

What I posted is legit, factual, and if you are not interested in joining, no hard feelings, just do not join.  It's simply an offer.  Some people from our social circles wanted to join our pool at work when the jackpot was almost 600 Million, and I decided to post here, after thinking it over.  You feel it is a scam, ok, fine.  No harm, no foul, move along.  You want to throw 2.00 into the mix, again, your choice, no harm, no foul.

Do I have credibility on here yet?  Nope.  Does that mean I am a scammer?  Nope. 

The lottery is a risk.  Dealing with people online is a risk.  If you prefer zero risk, please avoid participation.  To me, this is a fun way to look forward to the very slight possibility of winning a large sum of money.  Of course it is probably not going to happen......IT'S A LOTTERY.

Anyways, carry on, and have a great day.  Thank you for your input.

ALSO.... your statement is false.  If there is a record (the spreadsheet), then any court in America will side with the defendants and force the winnings to be split between them.  It has happened before.  If there is no record of the pool, then obviously its a he said she said situation.

Good day.

Depends on the case and the judge, there is no law that will force law to side with defendants when the security is under someone's name in black and white. Its the beauty of American law, it pays to be greedy right!

That is a better answer.  Either way, I am not the type to neglect my co-workers, nor anyone else I do deal with.  That said, I am on an internet forum, so you be the judge.

Still available if anyone is interested.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:38:39 PM

Buying lottery tickets over the internet?

Yea... that's super sketchy.
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:24:09 PM

Buying pool tickets in a few hours for tonoghts draw. If anyone here invests will upload a scan of tickets for users sake.  If not, no biggie. Have an awesome day all.
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:29:21 PM

What is the house edge of this lottery?
I don't think it can top Satoshidice& Co with 2% and less, so I wouldn't recommend gambling with them even if your offer is no scam.
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:54:59 PM

Its powerball. As with any lotto....longshot odds.
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:56:24 PM

Its powerball. As with any lotto....longshot odds.
yes, I wouldn't recommend anyone playing lotto either Cheesy
LottoPool (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:00:26 PM

For two bucks its a fun sweat. Don't play it to profit.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:59:37 PM

I sent you .002 BTC from the address: 1Primep7DMN8qCtByac7L29ntRjd7X3KCL

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
xb0x

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Better don't say if you don't know!

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:08:51 PM

Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: