Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:02:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How old are you and what brought you into Bitcoin?  (Read 4684 times)
accyoda

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:06:56 PM

Hi
I am 35 from Buenos Aires, Argentina
I found out about bitcoin in febrabry 2013 from one of my best friends that came all excited about this currency, took me a while to fully understand how it works, and since I am a fan (or more exactly, obssessed with) GPU technology, one month later I was mining, and been mining ever since, of course now I am mining scrypt currencies.
Also been a while in this forum but always as anonymous, now it's time to show up properly hehe
ekiro

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 03:45:41 PM

I recently got into bitcoin and it's super exciting. Bought my first coins at the end of September.  It's been a pleasant roller coaster ride so far.  I'm feeling positive about bitcoin. There need to be more services accepting the currency!
Campbxissues

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:30:18 PM

Twenty two and it was in march of this year.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:55:18 AM

In my twenties. Heard about bitcoin in 2009-2010 in libertarian circles and was surprised in 2011 to see it had taken off so much. Been on this ride ever since then, sometime in 2011.
Watters

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:36:41 AM

I'm 22, and what brought me into Bitcoin is your volatility, which makes him perfect for exchanges.
Occurrency

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:59:33 AM

I'm in my 30s. I first found out about bitcoin when the SilkRoad started getting some press for the first time. Though I've heard about bitcoin for a while now, every time i come back to look at it, it's looking more and more interesting.

The advantages of bitcoin over traditional alternatives are too big to be ignored
Relicka

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:17:07 AM

In my 20s. Heard about BTC very early (sub $1), but being the lazy idiot I am, I thought to myself I'd do some research on it later, but it never happened and forgot about it. I later heard about it again in early 2013 and was surprised to heard it was at like $10, followed by $20 some time later, and finally shocked to heard the heights it got to in april. Again, being the idiot I am, I still didn't invest anything in it thinking I had already missed the train. I finally got into it when I heard about the SR bust and I've already managed to make a nice profit. I'll never forgive myself for not getting into it earlier, though.
Bloodislav

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:21:30 AM

Well I'm 27 and I like the idea of decentralized currency which is not held by banks.
avalonlove

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:30:44 AM

It was in the early 30s, now I am a little older  Wink
Nesco

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:40:33 AM

When I turned 20 when I first heard about Bitcoin in 2011. I read a bunch of articles about it and liked the idea of a decentralized currency but at that time I didn't know exactly what to do with the few bitcoins I earned with a little mining.
Therefore I lost the interest in BTC until the value started rising rapidly, that was the moment I got into BTC trading. Very little compared to other people at the market but it's a very fascinating thing for me. I like to try and "understand" the rules of the market, looking and analyzing the charts
Threads like "Goomboo's Journal" about EMA and trading strategies caught my attention and at the moment I'm working on my own trading strategy

So in short: Trading got me into Bitcoin
Zillinger

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:58:00 AM

Hi!

I'm Michael, 16 Years old and the Internet broght me to Bitcoins. I was watching some Youtube Videos and then there was a Video about Bitcoin. After that I searched other Bitcoin Videos and found "EndWorldSucksDotCom", that was this year in April.
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:13:13 AM

Late 30s, had an interesting in cryptography for a number of years.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
renaxi

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 11:49:12 AM

Im 18 years old. One of my friends/co-workers told me at a break that one of his friends had invested in something called mining, i went home and looked into it. Have been caught since.

luketanti

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 07:10:14 PM

I'm 20 years old and found out about bitcoin on a youtube advert and it got me!!
theecoinomist

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:49:06 PM

51, and i plan on using the coins to pay for my shady activities with ladies of the night. 

Cheesy

ninjatflex

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:42:46 PM

I'm 23. I first heard about Bitcoin in 2011 and remember being baffled about the idea of mining on a computer for currency. I shrugged it off, didn't look further into it and am now kicking myself.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 08:46:35 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2013, 08:59:59 PM by RationalSpeculator

I'm 23. I first heard about Bitcoin in 2011 and remember being baffled about the idea of mining on a computer for currency. I shrugged it off, didn't look further into it and am now kicking myself.

treat yourself as you would like others to treat u.

no kicking, be kind to yourself

also opportunities are like trains, there is always a next one

I don't think u missed the btc train though, he's getting ready but still plenty of room, hump aboard sailor!  Smiley

ninjatflex

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:06:18 PM

also opportunities are like trains, they go and another one comes later

Very true. I know it's silly to second guess yourself and regret not acting, but, what a train to miss!! I'm hoping to buy myself my first Bitcoin as soon as I get paid this week.
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:22:23 PM

also opportunities are like trains, they go and another one comes later

Very true. I know it's silly to second guess yourself and regret not acting, but, what a train to miss!! I'm hoping to buy myself my first Bitcoin as soon as I get paid this week.

I think feeling regret is healthy, it helps you learning from your mistakes.

However, kicking yourself like I used to do, self attacking, calling myself a loser, that is not good. You don't learn, just become even more risk averse and miss the next opportunity as well.
JBFru45

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:32:02 AM

I'm 25 and only heard about bitcoin a few months ago from a friend at a party. I spent the entire next day researching mining online (which my girlfriend did not appreciate), and I attempted to start mining with the GPU that I already had. The room it's in got so hot in the middle of the summer that I had to turn it off after just one day Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: