Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:10:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Fork November. BTC and BCH  (Read 3297 times)
myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:00:06 AM

As far as i understand, the least risky way is to keep BTC in Exchange. If doing new investment for alts, better to wait for the after-fork. If you have better advise, you please shed light.

No. Maybe you are somewhat a new user and have not experienced the MtGox scandal. It is NEVER safe to keep your coins in an exchange unless you are trading with them or funding a loan for someone. There are a lot of things that could happen to exchanges when forks happen.

1. If ever there is a new coin created during the fork, you will never have access to those currencies. Why? These exchanges will not give it to you.

2. If something goes wrong with the fork, some shady exchanges can just say "Oh, we lost your funds blah blah blah".And that my friend is reality.

There are a lot more factors that has been mentioned by the post above me and all those are true.
I know MtGox scandal. I was thinking Binance and Bittrex actually. I have alts at the moments and not touching them but i would invest 2BTC for new alts. I thought it would be wise to wait for a couple of days, BTC rises a bit and since alts are dropping, it would make a good entry point for them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:54:18 AM

Hello

I have a question about the next fork, that could probably come in November 2017.
When the first fork happened, I was holding 0.5 BTC and got the same in BCH (nice fork Grin)

So now I have 0.5 BTC and 0.5 BCH.
What happens on the next fork?
Will I get 0.5 BTC of that new third coin, or will I get 1 coin?
Basically, am I getting only new coins for the BTC I hodl or also for the BCH?
Sorry for my noob question, but I could not find any answer to this yet.
Thank you!

It's like a father(BTC) having two children (Bch and B**) where the second child(B**) will only receive his blessings from his father(Btc) and not from his brother(Bch).
What ever you receive is from Btc, and you will receive the new coin if your wallet support the fork.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: