Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The best place for mining  (Read 1008 times)
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:05:57 PM

I have a small rig in my bedroom with 3 GTX 1060 3GB each from Palit and Gainward. The 2 Palit cards are single fan so they don't make much noise. The Gainward has 2 fans and does make quite some noise but I am used to it. I am keeping it in my bedroom and my bedroom is always warm, I never feel cold and I never feel the need to turn on the Air conditioning now that temperatures are falling. Of course in summer I slept with Air conditioning on.

Anyway this is not recommended as all the devices of a PC liberate warm so it is not good for the health.

Best place to keep them is like some of my friends do, they keep their rigs in an open balcony but that is safe from rain. Perfect.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 12:35:22 PM

I personally keep it at my bedroom. I've got a small mining rig of 4 msi gtx 1060 cards which are sitting on the other side to my bed.
They just have two fans and don't make much noise. They've been a few months with me so I don't mind them any more.

Since winter is coming I don't get bothered with them and even in the summer just a fan was enough for me since I live in a tower and leave windows open for most of the time.

I really can't figure anywhere else. That's the only place I have since there's no garage and balcony isn't safe from rain.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:46:55 PM

I personally keep it at my bedroom. I've got a small mining rig of 4 msi gtx 1060 cards which are sitting on the other side to my bed.
They just have two fans and don't make much noise. They've been a few months with me so I don't mind them any more.

Since winter is coming I don't get bothered with them and even in the summer just a fan was enough for me since I live in a tower and leave windows open for most of the time.

I really can't figure anywhere else. That's the only place I have since there's no garage and balcony isn't safe from rain.
I don't know how things with the GPU mining on Nvidia but on AMD after flashing the BIOS my temperature of the GPU does not rise above 55 degrees Celsius. This is when the outside temperature is about 32 degrees. But sleep near the equipment I would not. Such a monotonous noise detrimental to hearing. You need to look for a separate room.
Seuss27

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:13:54 PM

I notice no mention of a spouse/mate.  Bedroom/public spaces work much better if you don't have a wife(or hubby) and kids...

Wife doesn't like the noise (although she did tolerate the dining room being taken over for a while) and the kids destroy everything!

Seuss
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 11:52:58 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 04:22:45 PM by xxcsu

Best for Monero, Aeon, Zcash, Ethereum Classic & Ethereum Mining Rig with Best Supported Hardware:
Why you posting the same sh..t in every topic ? Did you lost your mind ?  Grin or you can not do anything on your keyboard just paste and copy ?

I would not consider your hardware recommendation for " BEST " of any way Smiley

EDIT: Moderator deleted all your spam post

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: