Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-09-27] It's Political: Why China Hates Bitcoin and Loves the Blockchain  (Read 2537 times)
sheld0n (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

The crypto community is once again reeling from a Chinese crackdown and trying to read the tea leaves on Beijing's next move.
China's policymaking is far from transparent, so one can only speculate how long the new restrictions on bitcoin exchanges and token sales might last.
Still, if we view China's actions in the context of its broader geopolitical intentions, we can at least gain a useful picture of what's at stake and the longer-term challenges and opportunities they create for the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
Coindesk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:26:28 PM

It is not China. Different governments and even banks love the blockchain. The Chinese definitely don't like things they cannot control. It will be interesting to see if they try to stop miners.

btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:07:05 PM

It is not China. Different governments and even banks love the blockchain. The Chinese definitely don't like things they cannot control. It will be interesting to see if they try to stop miners.

I'm expecting that the mining industry would be the next target. However, we never heard anything from them so its safe so assume that they are still weighing options if they really need to clamp down on the mining operations as there will be huge impact to the ecosystem because they control 60% or more of this industry.

I don't know why the sudden hate on bitcoin by the Chinese government, but its clear now that there are economic and political reasons behind it. But then again, we need to move forward and look at it at the brighter side and consider it a misfortune for them, but will lead a good and lasting results for the market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████