Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I dont receive the e-mail to approve my login attempt in blockchain wallet  (Read 1456 times)
Gabrielgbi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:13:48 PM

1 - I had a email from hotmail and I never had problems to access my wallet.

2 - My email from hotmail was blocked and I created a new email from ProtonMail

3 - I made a request to change my wallet email.

4 - Blockchain send me a email (this email was send to my new email from protonmail) to confirm and aprove the new wallet email.

5 - Confirmed. My address from protonmail is my current wallet email.

6 - When a tried to login in my blockchain wallet they asked me to check my email to approve my login attempt (as usual). But this emails never arrive in my email. I also searched in span and trash, still nothing. It's been over 24 hours. What can I do? Have I lost my money? Please guys, help with this problem.

-

Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: Bitcoin Core
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
System Hardware Specs: Intel Core i7 2.4GHz with 8 GB RAM and 716 GB free hard drive space.
Description of Problem: I dont receive the e-mail to approve my login attempt in blockchain wallet.
Any Related Addresses: None
Any Related Transaction IDs: None
Screenshot of the problem: n/a
Log Files from the Bitcoin Client: n/a
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:19:42 PM

Did you create a backup of your wallet?

If you created a backup of your wallet, then you did not lose your money.

If you did not create a backup of your wallet, then why not?  That is the most important and very first thing you should do before you ever send any money to the wallet!

If you do not have a backup of your wallet, you will need to contact blockchain.info support. They control your account and they are the only people that can help you.
Gabrielgbi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:36:37 PM

Did you create a backup of your wallet?

If you created a backup of your wallet, then you did not lose your money.

If you did not create a backup of your wallet, then why not?  That is the most important and very first thing you should do before you ever send any money to the wallet!

If you do not have a backup of your wallet, you will need to contact blockchain.info support. They control your account and they are the only people that can help you.

I dont have a backup.

How can I send a message to the support? I found the support with some general questions but I dont know how to send them my questions.

Thank you
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 05:40:43 PM

I dont have a backup.

How can I send a message to the support? I found the support with some general questions but I dont know how to send them my questions.

Thank you
You can send them a support ticket here[1].

[1] https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:12:48 AM

Sometimes there can be a big delay in when you enter the password in blockchain.info and when you actually receive the email for you to approve the login attempt. Just try again, and see what happens.

If it still doesn't work then use your 12 word recovery phrase to recover your wallet. You should have received this when you signed up, and it isn't really a "backup".

If you don't have that, then you'll have to contact support. May be something wrong with their email service provider.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:19:59 AM

- snip -
your 12 word recovery phrase . . . isn't really a "backup".
- snip -

Yes it is.
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:41:20 AM

Are you talking about the blockchain.info wallet if yes then don't worry, sometimes it takes more time than usual.
If you are still unsure what to do then you can try to login in a 5-minute interval try requesting for it every 15 minutes and you get all the email in a bunch after few tries. Happens times to me but the delay does not exceed more than an hour.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: