Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Vega 56 s and Claymore's Ethereum miner  (Read 1043 times)
bostonvex (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:44:54 PM

I have 2 Vega 56 s, running stock BIOS. When I use the AMD blockchain drivers and start Claymore the entire cmd.exe window snows with artifacts and my PC crashes.

This is on a brand new install of Windows 10 and nothing else installed.

Only 1 Vega with Claymore and blockchain driver work 100%.

2 Vegas with AMD regular driver works fine with single and dual cards, just lower hashrate. Sad

Someone else had this issue as well (buried in another thread) and I figured I'll create a separate thread to see if anyone else has this issue and if there is a known work around.

Thanks!
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:05:48 PM

I have 2 Vega 56 s, running stock BIOS. When I use the AMD blockchain drivers and start Claymore the entire cmd.exe window snows with artifacts and my PC crashes.

This is on a brand new install of Windows 10 and nothing else installed.

Only 1 Vega with Claymore and blockchain driver work 100%.

2 Vegas with AMD regular driver works fine with single and dual cards, just lower hashrate. Sad

Someone else had this issue as well (buried in another thread) and I figured I'll create a separate thread to see if anyone else has this issue and if there is a known work around.

Thanks!

You did not need to create a thread for this, this is very simple to resolve, change the primary gpu to igpu or to another gpu that is not crashing and see how it goes, then test undervolting or overvolting, underclocking or overclocking and you will find your answer.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
bostonvex (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:01:18 PM

You misunderstood. The cards are fine.

I am well versed in undervolting overclocking etc and I am using that to reduce power consumption, increase hashrates and overall profit. I suspect that this is either a driver or Claymore issue.

Anyone out there using 2 or more Vegas and Claymore Ethereum miner successfully with the blockchain drivers?
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:16:29 PM

There's a whole thread on Vega Performance that I'd encourage you to read.

This could be several things. Try switching crossfire to off. That has caused some users issues.
bostonvex (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:18:01 AM

This could be several things. Try switching crossfire to off. That has caused some users issues.

Good news, your suggestion about Crossfire worked! Disabled Crossfire in Global settings. Only 1 card has the option to disable it under Wattman-> Global Settings -> Global Graphics.
BTW, my second card now no longer goes into standby mode (little green light by the GPUtach) either.

I hope this helps other folks out as well.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:58:28 AM

Good news, your suggestion about Crossfire worked! Disabled Crossfire in Global settings. Only 1 card has the option to disable it under Wattman-> Global Settings -> Global Graphics.
BTW, my second card now no longer goes into standby mode (little green light by the GPUtach) either.

I hope this helps other folks out as well.

yup bad idea don't use Cross fire mining it just won't work right . those cards need to stay stand a lone and not share like Cross fire does when mining .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:29:02 AM

Do I have to install Wattman to disable crossfire? i tried some regedit changes found googling, but it doesn't changes the appearance (one temperature less in Claymore).

bostonvex (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:49:09 PM

Just disable it in the Radeon Settings app.

Radeon Settings -> Gaming -> Global Settings - Global Graphics.

There will be a Global Graphics tab for each of your AMD cards, just find the one that has Crossfire in it.

64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:54:51 PM

Note for the record, IIRC, there has never been any GPU/mining software configuration where crossfire ON/ENABLED has been required.
bostonvex (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:09:52 PM

Note for the record, IIRC, there has never been any GPU/mining software configuration where crossfire ON/ENABLED has been required.

Yeah, weird part for me, the blockchain driver had it on by default....and of course being a dumbass i didn't know it was on...couldn't figure out why mining worked with the regular driver and 2 cards but not with blockchain drivers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: