Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My First $100 - Here are my top picks, help me out.  (Read 704 times)
SHBlizzard (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:55:58 PM

Hi guys, this is my first post, and I wanted to gather some feedback on what people more seasoned than me in the crypto sphere thought of my upcoming "investment" strategy.

For starters, I have plenty of safe investments in my regular boring old retirement account. So please do not tell me to just buy BTC or ETH and hold. I am looking for high risk, high reward altcoins. I just bought $100 of ETH to start, I will eventually use that to purchase some of the coins mentioned below. This is money I am willing to lose 100% (hopefully not). I am starting with $100 USD for now.

These are some of the coins that from reading the forums seem more legit. I have also done MY OWN RESEARCH, but any additional info or tips from seasoned veterans would be very much appreciated.

IOTA: PROS: seems very promising, good team, deal with microsoft (if its still on?) - CONS: would need +700billion marketcap to be 1000x (could still happen in theory?)

HIVE: CONS: team seems sketchy as half of them come from slovenia and bulgaria (bulgaria is notorious for corruption) PROS: Invoice financing on a blockchain. finally started growing a marketcap, genesis mining has a 30% stake and they just opened a new data center. pletes-Acquisition-of-Data-Centre-in-Iceland-and-Forms-Strategic-Partnership-with-Genesis-Mining-590667]http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/HIVE-[Suspicious link removed]pletes-Acquisition-of-Data-Centre-in-Iceland-and-Forms-Strategic-Partnership-with-Genesis-Mining-590667

Linx: PROS: Music industry is huge! CONS: not a lot of info on the team, problems with their wallet. seems kinda scammy

OPUS: same as above.

Lykke: PROS: based in Switzerland. good team. Switzerland. CONS: still looking for one (please enlighten me)

Ripple: PROS: Bank of America is adopting ripple CONS: will never be 1000x (maybe im wrong lol)

Other coins im currently considering are the ones i see mentioned alot : Golem, NEM, Lisk, Ox, stratis, waves etc.

I am also looking for more info/opinion on Shift, Verge, Blockcat, SONM, Florincoin, neblio, ark, EOS.

Thanks, and please be nice lol

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
jdotc

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:01:01 PM

I'd suggest putting the full hundo into just one coin. Probably a low-market cap coin since what are you gonna gain when IOTA goes up 30 pct? I'm personally sky-high bullish on LINK. Right now you can only get it on Etherdelta which is definitely keeping the price low, and they're doing no marketing. In three weeks they present at SIBOS; I expect an easy 10x from this one.
sexcoyote

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:11:24 PM

You can add some ZRX (0x Project) tokens. This project still undervalued and have very good future.
SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:15:31 PM

Thanks guys. I will keep those in mind. Do you guys have any experience mining? Is this something that would be worth leaving my desktop or laptop on all day? or is setting up your own rig the only way to make decent profit?

Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:16:18 PM

Seems like most of those coins have a huge supply. You probably chose them because their price is cheap, but it won't go a lot higher because of high supply.
I would suggest you look at cheap but very promising and young coins like Adx, KMD, Ark, etc
SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:24:36 PM

Seems like most of those coins have a huge supply. You probably chose them because their price is cheap, but it won't go a lot higher because of high supply.
I would suggest you look at cheap but very promising and young coins like Adx, KMD, Ark, etc

true. and thank you.

for anonymous transactions which is your top pick ? Monero, DeepOnion,  or (insert other here)? or avoid like the plague due to the illicit nature of these coins?

nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:26:22 PM

hmmm.... of the ones you mention, i'm bullish on LISK WAVES ARK FLO XVG SHIFT, perhaps SONM, all great picks. really not sure about the others as of now. i think you should look into more privacy tokens like ZEN XMR CLOAK PIVX - that'll be a key issue. and also alternative multifunctional platforms like KMD BTS UBQ can have immense potential of growth.
nhote

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:28:36 PM

hmmm.... of the ones you mention, i'm bullish on LISK WAVES ARK FLO XVG SHIFT, perhaps SONM, all great picks. really not sure about the others as of now. i think you should look into more privacy tokens like ZEN XMR CLOAK PIVX - that'll be a key issue. and also alternative multifunctional platforms like KMD BTS UBQ can have immense potential of growth.

whoops, forgetting also ARDR in the last category and SYS or BAY for development on decentralized marketplace
muncuss

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:35:30 PM

you search about short term high risk high reward, i'll give you info about vergecoin xvg.
Wraith protocol soon, will listed in binance, hitbtc, nakamotoX, and changelly created poll for listing xvg or dgb.
Active development, worth enough to look at

aaroc90

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:36:43 PM

Hi guys, this is my first post, and I wanted to gather some feedback on what people more seasoned than me in the crypto sphere thought of my upcoming "investment" strategy.

For starters, I have plenty of safe investments in my regular boring old retirement account. So please do not tell me to just buy BTC or ETH and hold. I am looking for high risk, high reward altcoins. I just bought $100 of ETH to start, I will eventually use that to purchase some of the coins mentioned below. This is money I am willing to lose 100% (hopefully not). I am starting with $100 USD for now.

These are some of the coins that from reading the forums seem more legit. I have also done MY OWN RESEARCH, but any additional info or tips from seasoned veterans would be very much appreciated.

IOTA: PROS: seems very promising, good team, deal with microsoft (if its still on?) - CONS: would need +700billion marketcap to be 1000x (could still happen in theory?)

HIVE: CONS: team seems sketchy as half of them come from slovenia and bulgaria (bulgaria is notorious for corruption) PROS: Invoice financing on a blockchain. finally started growing a marketcap, genesis mining has a 30% stake and they just opened a new data center. pletes-Acquisition-of-Data-Centre-in-Iceland-and-Forms-Strategic-Partnership-with-Genesis-Mining-590667]http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/HIVE-[Suspicious link removed]pletes-Acquisition-of-Data-Centre-in-Iceland-and-Forms-Strategic-Partnership-with-Genesis-Mining-590667

Linx: PROS: Music industry is huge! CONS: not a lot of info on the team, problems with their wallet. seems kinda scammy

OPUS: same as above.

Lykke: PROS: based in Switzerland. good team. Switzerland. CONS: still looking for one (please enlighten me)

Ripple: PROS: Bank of America is adopting ripple CONS: will never be 1000x (maybe im wrong lol)

Other coins im currently considering are the ones i see mentioned alot : Golem, NEM, Lisk, Ox, stratis, waves etc.

I am also looking for more info/opinion on Shift, Verge, Blockcat, SONM, Florincoin, neblio, ark, EOS.

Thanks, and please be nice lol

Lisk and waves sound good to me.

I would also consider some of the tokens/projects targeting funds/investments. They haven't really taken off yet, have a look at Blackmoon Crypto and Dimcoin. Dimcoin wont be hitting the exchanges until december time but well worth the research

Pigzbe
⇐ ● Pigzbe is a piggy-wallet powered by a family-friendly cryptocurrency ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○ ○
SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:45:20 PM

Thanks guys, this is the friendliest forum ive ever been on!! car forums just bite your head off and shoot you down!
I appreciate all the advice!  Grin

ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:50:33 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 01:42:04 AM by ZaoXhou

Do yourself a favor and join postoken airdrop as well, never hurts to join a good airdrop.

SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:06:25 PM

What do you guys think of Uptoken? coming out in october? their aim is to have crypto ATMs all over the world.

Sikka157

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:20:29 PM

I would suggest you to buy SHIFT, they are working on decentralising the internet. They have started by building a dApp called Phantom.

It is a good candidate to go 100x from current prices. The market cap is very low and they have not even started marketing yet.

I found a link for more information https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2201173.0
krazy89

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:18:17 AM

100$ Is nothing man , lets go to novaexchange or cryptopia to gamble , you can gain alot by putting money on trash coins .
all the coins you listed are safe pick for long term ( except HIVE,  Linx , Opus , lykke ? ) its not even high risk man .

SONM, Florincoin , Ark are great tho ! they gonna x100 your money in 1-3 years  Wink . IOTA and Ripple ? nah just stay away these 2 coins .
btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:03:43 AM

For $100 you could by an ArcticCoin master node, see https://masternodes.pro/ and make $32 worth per year. But if it goes up at all (I think all MN coins will do well when more people cotton on to them) then you'll easily get your money back and then some.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:09:24 AM

If you have just $100 I would suggest you divide them into two altcoins instead of putting them in four different places. I can give you a suggestion but it doesn't really matter assuming you're in for a long term.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
hygerdr8

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:00:09 AM

www.bitcoinatmproject.com looks promising, they want to put bitcoin atm's across the US and release a crypto debit card to go with it...and investors are paid back with revenue sharing  they got a 4.3 out of 5 rating on ICO bench (pretty good) - https://icobench.com/ico/bitcoin-atm-project
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:19:59 AM

It seems you can't see other good projects, I suggest tierion. It is now around ico price. You should buy it very undervalued project

SHBlizzard (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:39:39 AM

It seems you can't see other good projects, I suggest tierion. It is now around ico price. You should buy it very undervalued project

Good looks on TNT - forgot about it cuz it was in freefall - im bullish on Elixir for the long term (6-9 months)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: