Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:26:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Zcash  (Read 3330 times)
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:40:23 AM

Yeah, switch to ZEN.  Wink

ZEN is more profitable?

One of my friend has recently started mining Zen from Monerao as he feels profitability along with the future prediction of price as per him is that Zen will be higher compared to Monerao. So he has switched it with some changes. Check out the calculation as per your cost you have to pay to mine both of them in your country which will help you identify which is best .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marthor

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:44:12 AM

I"ve switched my 2 gtx1060*9 rigs from ETH to zcash, I use miningpoolhub to auto exchange zcash to bitcoin.

I recommend using Flypool and sending to Bittrex to auto-sell. You'll likely make more than on MiningPoolHub.
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:55:06 AM

the zcash rate is the first reason why your earning down, im still mining zcash, ethereum, decred and some other algo too, mining it then holding, waiting the price rising again, so we can get more profitable with holding our altcoin, be patient guys

CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:29:52 AM

I"ve switched my 2 gtx1060*9 rigs from ETH to zcash, I use miningpoolhub to auto exchange zcash to bitcoin.

I recommend using Flypool and sending to Bittrex to auto-sell. You'll likely make more than on MiningPoolHub.
I use flypool myself, have been for months. great pool to use, funny thing is I tried miningpoolhub before switching, found flypool to be better and I don't need to make an account, 18 gpus mining @ flypool

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
sohard4me

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:31:16 AM

yeah, flypool is the best for mining zcash

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Infinex  ✔  Masternode  ✔  Decentralised ✔ Instant Send   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN US AT DISCORD    ★    ✔ ACTIVE DISCUSSION  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN TELEGRAM MASTERNODE ONLINE  MNRANK  TWITTER  CRYPTOBRIDGE   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PCMining

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 07:06:59 PM

Hey guys, lets try Bitcoinz together... I'm soloing atm Smiley

Pool fee: 0.1%
http://www.pcmining.xyz/

HUSH: stratum+tcp://www.pcmining.xyz:3032
BitcoinZ: stratum+tcp://www.pcmining.xyz:3957

user: wallet
pass: x

Algo: equihash

https://www.cratex.io

Cratex is international cryptocurrency trade platform and best place to buy, sell, trade and learn about crypto (0.1% trade fee, minimal withdrawal fees, fast deposits).
wstealth

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:46:14 PM

After the difficulty bomb last week ZEC has been a good 30% more profitable than ETH to mine.

This only matters if you are immediately selling the coins. For some reason people think that if they mine the coin while its most profitable they make more. This is absolutely not the case is the only number that matters is the price when you convert it to something else.

Then, of course, there are the people that just throw their money away using nicehash because they are too lazy to convert it for themselves.
But you can mine the most profitable coins at the current time, and convert it to the coins that you want to collect.
In case of ZEC vs ETH, you can get more ETH it you mine ZEC and convert it to ETH than if you mine ETH.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:00:24 AM

How do you do autosale on Bittrex?

I've never seen that option there, just on Coinbase.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:25:30 AM

the zcash rate is the first reason why your earning down, im still mining zcash, ethereum, decred and some other algo too, mining it then holding, waiting the price rising again, so we can get more profitable with holding our altcoin, be patient guys
Yes agree, mining is a long-term investment, do not stop mining when we get a price drop, because of all the cryptocurrency decentralized so we don't have to worry about the price drop. the most important and needs attention is a guarantee from the developer about the project coins clearly.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 04:51:47 AM

Yes agree, mining is a long-term investment, do not stop mining when we get a price drop, because of all the cryptocurrency decentralized so we don't have to worry about the price drop. the most important and needs attention is a guarantee from the developer about the project coins clearly.

Totally agree with you, but how you consider the situation when the difficulty is almost double after a month, and still have some good coins out there.
LesiA

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:34:02 AM

What is wrong with suprnova? I am mining ZEC and earnings dropped from 0.3 to 0.05 per day?
Fiord

Activity: 209
Merit: 103

KRYPTOBITS.COM-BLOCKCHAIN BANKING

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:47:43 AM

Some incredible mining profit spikes on Zcash since last night but they only last a few minutes.  My rig makes about $8-9 per day the last week mining ETH/DCR or Zcash and last night Zcash spiked to $11.50 for a few minutes.

I'm even mining it with my AMD cards.  I did not realize how little power 570s and 580s use to mine Zcash compared to ETH and ETH/dual mining.  My 4 AMD cards are using almost 300W less when mining ZCash vs ETH/DCR!  That works out to about 75 cents per day saved on power and everything runs much cooler.  So now I am factoring that into my decisions about what to mine.
It is the question of few days before profit will stabilize and will be the same on on both currencies, but I always thought that consumption of AMD cards is the same on ZCash and ETH/DCR, thanks for the advise, I will tray to ran ZCash on my RX 470.

coinfoundry

Activity: 292

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 07:24:42 AM

After the difficulty bomb last week ZEC has been a good 30% more profitable than ETH to mine.

This only matters if you are immediately selling the coins. For some reason people think that if they mine the coin while its most profitable they make more. This is absolutely not the case is the only number that matters is the price when you convert it to something else.

Then, of course, there are the people that just throw their money away using nicehash because they are too lazy to convert it for themselves.
Where we can convert the coin ?

https://shapeshift.io/ is probably the most popular service for converting between coins.

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:51:34 AM

I have never had a doubt about Zcash. I am mining it since April when all people were mining Ethereum as I believed more in the longer term and life span of my video cards. A lot of persons are still mining Ethereum to date but if they decide to switch to Zcash this is bad for us who are mining it since long time ago as the difficulty will increase dramatically and the profits will decrease the same way.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
BattleField

Activity: 62
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:22:47 AM

I have never had a doubt about Zcash. I am mining it since April when all people were mining Ethereum as I believed more in the longer term and life span of my video cards. A lot of persons are still mining Ethereum to date but if they decide to switch to Zcash this is bad for us who are mining it since long time ago as the difficulty will increase dramatically and the profits will decrease the same way.

Many people have already switched to ZEC. The mining hash rate has risen a lot.
car1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:28:40 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 12:51:13 PM by car1999

Where we can convert the coin ?

https://shapeshift.io/ is probably the most popular service for converting between coins.
is shape shift safe? is it more profitable than other exchanges like bittrex?

EDIT:I compared the ZEC to BTC exchange rate between bittrex and shape shift, bittrex is higher.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:10:52 PM

What is wrong with suprnova? I am mining ZEC and earnings dropped from 0.3 to 0.05 per day?

I noticed same thing. $1 dollar per day not including electric cost with a 1080 Ti mining on suprnova. I lost money mining zcash. Something is up with the pool or difficulty is through the roof
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:12:20 PM

I tried suprnova a couple of times on different algorithms - and was seriously UNDERwhelmed at their performance.
 Have never considered them since.

ZEC has varied on profitability vs ETH all along - massively higher the first few days, then dropped quite a bit for a long time as the price collapsed and the miners didn't catch up on efficiency for a while, then the "good" Nvidia miners started showing up making it quite a bit better on most NVidia cards - but all along it hasn't been WAY far off most of the time on the most common cards when using the most current mining software due to the "profit chasing equalization" basket effect.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
tf2addict (OP)

Activity: 675

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:38:27 PM

I think Zcash has a big future.  It seems to be technically superior to Monero as a privacy coin.

It is so easy on the GPUs.  My RX cards are running between 38C and 45C, actually quite a bit cooler than my GTX cards (and produce almost the same hash rate as my GTX 1060).  I'm thinking of picking up some more 1060s but I wish they were < $200.

I only use Suprnova for dual mining DCR.  Seems ok for that.

I've never mined Monero because the min. payout on all the pools is so high and so are the fees.  I'm mining ZEC on Mining Pool Hub and the payout fee is 0.0001 ZEC! 
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:40:34 PM

With AMD 400 and 500 series cards, how much are you undervolting for zec/zen mining? and are you underclocking the core too like with eth?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: