Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency exchanges  (Read 475 times)
marco77au (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:24:10 PM

Hello,

I am new in the cryptocurrency market. I would like to invest $1000 from US. I would like to join an exchange. Too many people in this forum are complaining how difficult is to withdraw from Kraken, which can take months. With Bitfinex fiat deposits and withdrawals are unavailable at this moment. What is left are bitstamp and bittrex, as these two allow to trade a few cryptocurrencies (I am interested in trading not just LTC, ETH, or BTC). However, now I am reading in this forum about hidden fees in bitstamp and bittrex, where they can go up to 25%. Are these hidden fees in bitstamp and bittrex really present? Is there a way to avoid them, or to understand them?

Cheers,
Marco
ToTheMoon$

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Investor on the move ~ Where's the profits???

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:24:57 PM

Check Poloniex is another exchanger top notch.

What should I invest in? PM me with your thoughts! Thanks
pavelna07

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:40:42 PM

To be honest I would register with all the main exchanges if you are serious about crypto, some (New) coins/assets are not traded on all the exchanges.

Top Exchanges:
Bitfines
Bithumb
Coineone
Bittrex
Polonix
Kraken

For example it is possible to process deposit within one day with Kraken.com, once you are in Crypto you can withdraw/transfer it between exchanges as you please for the future withdraw via exchange of your choice, but I know some people that have been involved with crypto for 1-2 years and newer had the need to withdraw any of their funds into their bank account. I would worry more about deposit processing, but that is me. 

Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:41:02 PM

First time hearing about such fees. Really 25% ?  That sound ridiculous. Can you share the source?

I have good experience with kraken, bittrex and poloniex (bittrex and polo does not support fiat).  

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

parcsim

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:45:06 PM

liqui and hitbtc
HansWermhat

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:06:11 PM

I've used Bittrex a lot and I've never seen a 25% fee, that's absurd. Very happy with their service, I've got no complaints.
marco77au (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:08:13 PM

Here is an example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6j1j8h/what_the_hell_bittrex_10_deposit_fee/

People complaining for 10%. I was wrong with the 25%. Misread yesterday.
So my questions were : Are these hidden fees in bitstamp and bittrex really present? Is there a way to avoid them, or to understand them? Or since others mentioned other websites, are those different?

namjey

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:08:44 PM

I would just go with nice exchange like poloniex or bitrex. And invest in top 5-6 coins in market. And hold for a while. Usually it turns out to be pretty profitable.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:34:44 PM

I think if you are having a problem when exchanging your future bitcoin for withdrawing and you don't wanted  to wait for a long time i think better to don't exchange your bitcoin instead transfer it in other wallet and look for a physical bitcoin debit card that i think more instant way to withdraw your bitcoin into fiat..
You can check here for bitcoin debit card list
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1242788.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410577.0

And also take advantage of reading reviews from that thread so that  you far in scam debit card,,  mostly i heard there are lots more people are using xapo debit card.. This is just alternative way if you don't want to be exchange your bitcoin for a longer time.
colenax

Activity: 376
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:09:36 AM

Hello,

I am new in the cryptocurrency market. I would like to invest $1000 from US. I would like to join an exchange. Too many people in this forum are complaining how difficult is to withdraw from Kraken, which can take months. With Bitfinex fiat deposits and withdrawals are unavailable at this moment. What is left are bitstamp and bittrex, as these two allow to trade a few cryptocurrencies (I am interested in trading not just LTC, ETH, or BTC). However, now I am reading in this forum about hidden fees in bitstamp and bittrex, where they can go up to 25%. Are these hidden fees in bitstamp and bittrex really present? Is there a way to avoid them, or to understand them?

Cheers,
Marco

looking for knowledge about crypto and bitcoin, this is why I am here. I want to increase knowledge about crypto

fredrick4u

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:29:19 AM

Poloniex is the best exchange site.But you can also try cryptopia.co.nz
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:59:01 AM

Hello,

Cheers,
Marco

If all you want to do is buy Bitcoins, Litecoins, and Etherium and hold them, then why not just open a Coinbase account and fund it with your $1000? I think you can currently buy and hold all 3 of those coins there.

You can then decide if you want to leave the coins on Coinbase or move them off the exchange to wallets where you control the private keys. That would be the safest option if you are comfortable with it.

If you are wanting to do some trading then you will need to find an exchange that you like that allows quick trades like Poloniex, Bittrex, Bitfinex, etc.
Shankar94

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

DeepOnion ♡

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:18:19 AM

There's a bunch that I use that I can recommend;

- Bittrex
- Coinexchange.io
- Cryptopia
- Kraken
- Poloniex
- Bitstamp

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gapuxa

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:25:04 AM

I have exchanged on both exchanges polo and bittrex but I have never heard of a fee of 25% even when I withdraw more than $ 1000 and still charge 100k sts fee is quite small. Can you please give me source which the speaker is charge 25%  Angry
BeckyHolmes

Activity: 181
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 01:02:42 PM

Did you guys try https://etherdelta.com?
antongee28

Activity: 75
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:23:17 PM

One of the most famous in my opinion Coineone, Bittrex and Kraken
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:23:29 PM

Here is an example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6j1j8h/what_the_hell_bittrex_10_deposit_fee/

So my questions were : Are these hidden fees in bitstamp and bittrex really present? Is there a way to avoid them, or to understand them? Or since others mentioned other websites, are those different?

This specific case is about sending quite small amount 0.1 ETH, with 0.01 fee ( I'm not experienced with ETH transfers much so can't say this is regular fee ) and I agree it looks terrible.

True is cryptos are not very suitable for such small transactions. You would most likely transfer e.g 1000 ETH using the same fee but you are correct when saying this is hidden fee ( you can't be sure how much untill you try it).

It's like the smaller amount is being send the fee percentage grows (sending 0.01 ETH would cost you 100%) and you should count with that.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Smoikata

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:32:07 PM

Poloniex, Bittrex and Kraken is the best for me. They are easy for use and more security
tothetop

Activity: 251
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:54:37 PM

Here is an example:

fees taken by any service when you withdraw coins are normal, they also include transaction fee, and differ from one coin to another..
For example, BTC withdrawal fee is commonly 0.001(in average)

And if you wish to avoid or minimize these fees, you should choose coins with low transaction fee for your operations, especially when you have small amount of money
such coins as LTC, DOGE have very low transaction fees and withdrawal fees are low too

And when it comes to fees taken for deposits, I would say that the practice considerd as normal is fees taken for deposits made in fiat money like USD

by the way, bitflip does not take such comissions at this moment..So you should compare several services to make the right choise and minimize these costs

What to comissions for depositing cryptocurrencies - this is a nonsense in my opinion and you should avoid services which do so

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: