Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My garage full of stuff for your cryptocurrency (So Cal)  (Read 1076 times)
arog73 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:38:29 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 05:28:27 AM by arog73

So...here's the deal...

I put on ad on the local Inland Empire Craigslist but haven't gotten any takers so I figured I'd try here and I'll likely try a few other places as well...

I've got a garage full of old computer and video game stuff. Old Macs, old PC's, old servers, old laptops, Commodore, Amiga, Radio Shack (TRS-80) and more. I'm not talking a warehouse full, I'm talking 50ish computers in all. I've also got lots of old motherboards, video/network/audio/and hard drive controller cards, old PCMCIA cards...basically a bunch of early 80's to mid-2000's computer stuff. Some of the stuff works, some doesn't, but everything is in pretty good shape! If you are interested, I would expect that you'd want to come over and test things out. Or maybe you just want the stuff and don't care what works. It's up to you.

With regard to the old macs...I've got several IIci's, a IIcx, an SE30 case (I've probably got the logic board for it somewhere), a Plus, a WorkGroup Server 6100/66 pizza box style machine in the original box with all original paperwork), a WorkGroup Server 9650/350, a WorkGroup Server 8550/132, a PowerMac G3 tower (266, I think), a PowerMac 6500/225 tower, a Quadra 650, a Quadra 700, a few PowerMac G3 desktops (233's I think), a few original iMac G3's, and lots of others that I'm not remembering. In addition to the above, I've got lots of old SCSI drives for the macs as well as expansion cards, cables, monitors, mice, keyboards, etc.

Oh...I think I failed to mention that I've got several classic 8-bit Nintendo's (including a Sports Edition new in the box) as well as several other classic gaming system like PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable (PSP...the original one), Colecovision, Intellivision, TurboGrafx-16, Atari 1600 and 7800 (the 7800 is in the original box), and more. I've also got games for almost all the systems as well as controllers/joysticks. BTW - some of the 8-bit Nintendo games are new in box (some are even still sealed)...and yes...I have a few really rare carts that are worth some pretty decent $.

And...I can't forget the classic old school machines like the Commodore 128 and 128D (the 128 is in the original box!), I've got external 5 1/4" drives for the Commodore including a 1571 in original box and I have games and controllers and other software for the Commodore machines as well. I also have an Amiga 1200 and an Amiga 600 which are freaking cool little machines. I've got software and controllers/joysticks for them too.

There's more (pc laptops, pc servers, pc desktops, parts, etc...), but there's way too much to just list it all out in a post. If someone out there in So Cal (or elsewhere) is interested, I'd love to meet and have you come over and check it all out.

I've hidden my email address on the forum to avoid spammers, but if send me a message indicating you'd like more info, and you send me your email address, I'll email you and we can figure things out from there.

Ideally, I'd like all this stuff to go at once and I'd like it to go to someone who has a passion for "oldware" like I do. Since it's a lot of stuff, and some of it has actual value, I understand that it might be tough to get rid of everything in one fell swoop. But...if the right buyer comes along...and that person wants it all...well...let's just say they'll walk away with a smile on their face because they got a great deal!

Granted, there aren't a lot of ads of this type on this forum, but I guess we'll see what happens!

I hope to hear back from someone soon!!!

Aaron

<9/28/17>

And here's some pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wjvwsfw1h6srcae/AAD1MqRhF67z6-hPNJSyCUufa?dl=0

I am perfectly aware that it is difficult to make out EXACTLY what model this or that is from the pics. These were simply meant to show a few of the things I originally mentioned. The idea here is to have an interested party come over and check things out in person. Perhaps we can hang out? Perhaps we can have a beer or two while hanging out?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:20:55 AM

So...here's the deal...

I put on ad on the local Inland Empire Craigslist but haven't gotten any takers so I figured I'd try here and I'll likely try a few other places as well...

I've got a garage full of old computer and video game stuff. Old Macs, old PC's, old servers, old laptops, Commodore, Amiga, Radio Shack (TRS-80) and more. I'm not talking a warehouse full, I'm talking 50ish computers in all. I've also got lots of old motherboards, video/network/audio/and hard drive controller cards, old PCMCIA cards...basically a bunch of early 80's to mid-2000's computer stuff. Some of the stuff works, some doesn't, but everything is in pretty good shape! If you are interested, I would expect that you'd want to come over and test things out. Or maybe you just want the stuff and don't care what works. It's up to you.

With regard to the old macs...I've got several IIci's, a IIcx, an SE30 case (I've probably got the logic board for it somewhere), a Plus, a WorkGroup Server 6100/66 pizza box style machine in the original box with all original paperwork), a WorkGroup Server 9650/350, a WorkGroup Server 8550/132, a PowerMac G3 tower (266, I think), a PowerMac 6500/225 tower, a Quadra 650, a Quadra 700, a few PowerMac G3 desktops (233's I think), a few original iMac G3's, and lots of others that I'm not remembering. In addition to the above, I've got lots of old SCSI drives for the macs as well as expansion cards, cables, monitors, mice, keyboards, etc.

Oh...I think I failed to mention that I've got several classic 8-bit Nintendo's (including a Sports Edition new in the box) as well as several other classic gaming system like PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable (PSP...the original one), Colecovision, Intellivision, TurboGrafx-16, Atari 1600 and 7800 (the 7800 is in the original box), and more. I've also got games for almost all the systems as well as controllers/joysticks. BTW - some of the 8-bit Nintendo games are new in box (some are even still sealed)...and yes...I have a few really rare carts that are worth some pretty decent $.

And...I can't forget the classic old school machines like the Commodore 128 and 128D (the 128 is in the original box!), I've got external 5 1/4" drives for the Commodore including a 1571 in original box and I have games and controllers and other software for the Commodore machines as well. I also have an Amiga 1200 and an Amiga 600 which are freaking cool little machines. I've got software and controllers/joysticks for them too.

There's more (pc laptops, pc servers, pc desktops, parts, etc...), but there's way too much to just list it all out in a post. If someone out there in So Cal (or elsewhere) is interested, I'd love to meet and have you come over and check it all out.

I've hidden my email address on the forum to avoid spammers, but if send me a message indicating you'd like more info, and you send me your email address, I'll email you and we can figure things out from there.

Ideally, I'd like all this stuff to go at once and I'd like it to go to someone who has a passion for "oldware" like I do. Since it's a lot of stuff, and some of it has actual value, I understand that it might be tough to get rid of everything in one fell swoop. But...if the right buyer comes along...and that person wants it all...well...let's just say they'll walk away with a smile on their face because they got a great deal!

Granted, there aren't a lot of ads of this type on this forum, but I guess we'll see what happens!

I hope to hear back from someone soon!!!

Aaron

You should take pictures and post them here so people can see everything as well. I dont know if it all will "go at once" but if what you say is true then it does sound like alot of the things you have would be interesting.
satsuuma

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:17:38 AM

We need pics...
bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:37:52 AM

We need pics...

Noob with first post selling equipment without pics,without using escrow or mention it...oh well same old fake sale i guess... Roll Eyes
If op here post pics it will be better to post them along a piece of paper with his username and the appropriate date.
Only pics,dont count so much. To prove the ownership of them is the real issue.
arog73 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:40:45 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 05:29:32 AM by arog73

With regard to the requests for pictures, I'm not opposed...but there is A LOT of stuff and it would take me quite a long time to go through and snaps pictures of everything. What I will do though, is go through and snap some "broad shots" of some different things so that you can see some of the stuff I mentioned in the initial post.

With regard to the comment about me being a "noob" and this being a fake sale or something like that...wow...seriously?! And jumping on my case about not mentioning escrow?!?! That doesn't even make sense! Why would I mention the use of an escrow service when I am literally attempting to invite someone over to my house to look at the stuff IN PERSON?! What does an escrow services have to do with that?! First of all, this was a sort feeler post and was simply to see if anyone was interested. The idea was that if someone was interested they would PM me and I would contact them that way. Secondly, I did not want to post pictures initially because this wasn't intended to be a mass "Internet Garage Sale". The post was intended to catch someone's eye in Southern California who wanted to come over and take a look and have a beer and maybe hang out and talk about old stuff for a while. And maybe (hopefully), they'll walk away with a bunch of my stuff and I'll get some crypto for it. THAT was the idea. It would be too much work and too time consuming to try and sell things one item at a time so I've never even considered the idea of shipping things to people.

Granted, I was probably wrong to not post at least some pictures initially. I'll post a few this evening when I get home from my office.

Enough with the "noob" idiocy though. Seriously. Can we be more mature than that please? Sheesh.

<UPDATE>

Original post has been edited to include a link to some pics.
bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:05:09 PM

I didnt want to sound hostile but you must realize that we hear and see,too much ppl saying things just for saying them.
Indeed you have a very big collection with items that catch my eye for sure as i like oldware like you do.
To be honest when i saw your pics, i thought that i was in one of the "Back to the future" movies! Grin

Unfortunately i'm not living in US to arrange a meeting and take some of your stuff,if not all. Still i imagine that the price for all will be "spicy"...
Some of them looking like brand new and i like to ask if working properly or maybe you have made any test to see their funcionality.
Anyways i wish i can get some but as i say it will cost me a small fortune with the customs fees,shipping etc,as i am not in US.

Good luck to this sale of yours and again i'm sorry if i sound and act a bit weird... Cool
arog73 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:21:03 AM

I didnt want to sound hostile but you must realize that we hear and see,too much ppl saying things just for saying them.
Indeed you have a very big collection with items that catch my eye for sure as i like oldware like you do.
To be honest when i saw your pics, i thought that i was in one of the "Back to the future" movies! Grin

Unfortunately i'm not living in US to arrange a meeting and take some of your stuff,if not all. Still i imagine that the price for all will be "spicy"...
Some of them looking like brand new and i like to ask if working properly or maybe you have made any test to see their funcionality.
Anyways i wish i can get some but as i say it will cost me a small fortune with the customs fees,shipping etc,as i am not in US.

Good luck to this sale of yours and again i'm sorry if i sound and act a bit weird... Cool

Very cool of you to respond. Thanks for checking out the pictures! Lol - the Back to the Future reference was good!

As to what works and what doesn't...

Believe it or not, a lot of it works! Haha - I haven't tested tested some of the stuff in many, many years - specifically I'm talking about the Colocovision, Intellivision, Magnavox Odyssey, and Turbo Grafx16 systems and their associated games and joysticks. Last time I plugged them all in, they all worked but that was probably 15 years ago now. I just recently plugged in the Atari 7800 and it worked perfectly. I should test some of the 8-bit NES stuff just for the fun of it. I haven't played an original NES game in quite some time!

With regard to the computers and parts - most of the PC desktops, laptops, and servers work. The only exception would be if one of the cases didn't have a motherboard installed or something silly like that. And, I think I ran across an old custom-built 486 machine a while back that seems to have a dead front power switch. The old Macs are tougher for me to say because I'd need to order a bunch of CMOS batteries and put drives in them to test them. I know at least some of them powered right up the last time I checked. I specifically remember the G3 desktops powering up, as well as all three original iMacs, the Mac Plus (surprise), the WorkGroup servers (all 3 of them), the PowerMac 6500/225, the PowerMac 9650/350, and several of the others. The Amiga 1200 and Amiga 500 both work fine and so does the Commodore VIC20, the 128, the 128D, and all the external Commodore and Amiga drives. As to the various other random countless hard drives, keyboards, cables, external SCSI cases etc...to be honest, I've lost track of what works and what doesn't. If I remember right, most of the external SCSI drives work (hard drive, tape, floptical, Bernoulli, zip, CD, and floppy). The internal hard drives are a different story. I honestly don't know which work and which don't. I have some really cool drives though. We're talking OLD drives like very early pre-IDE Seagate and Winchester MLM stuff!

Too bad you aren't closer because it sounds like you'd enjoy getting your hands on some of this gear! And yes, if somebody were to want to take everything, they would get a stupid good deal because my wife wants it all gone. Apparently it's time for us to "downsize"...or so she says. :-)

To those of you who might be in Southern CA and you think this stuff sounds pretty cool, send me message and let's arrange for a time when you can come over and take a closer look!

Aaron
willywonkaaa

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:17:48 PM

i'm located in southern california and could arrange to be the escrow if someone would like to purchase these items. i will go meet aaron and ship out the items for you at a cost.

you do have some interesting things, so i'd be more than happy to facilitate a sale for you.

just let me know if someone is interested in your equipment and we can work something out

▄▄▄    B2BX - FIRST LEGAL INSTITUTIONAL CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE    ▄▄▄ 
//  JOIN ICO  //  2nd Oct 2017  //
▄▄▄  WHITEPAPER  ▄  FACEBOOK  ▄  TELEGRAM   ▄  BITCOINTALK  ▄  TWITTER  ▄▄▄

arog73 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:44:56 PM

i'm located in southern california and could arrange to be the escrow if someone would like to purchase these items. i will go meet aaron and ship out the items for you at a cost.

you do have some interesting things, so i'd be more than happy to facilitate a sale for you.

just let me know if someone is interested in your equipment and we can work something out

Interesting offer. Thanks for the idea.

Aaron
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:24:04 AM

Weird. Why would anyone consider you as a trustworthy escrow? It's not like you have a well-aged account here with tons of feedback showing successful transactions. Even if, say, you were the OP's neighbor how would you guarantee that you would ship, let alone pay the bitcoins to the OP.

The escrow process involves the buyer sending you bitcoins upfront. This requires an enormous level of trust. A trust hinging on a genuine intent to pay those bitcoins to the seller (OP) and to ship the purchased items to the buyer.

willywonkaaa

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:28:59 AM

Weird. Why would anyone consider you as a trustworthy escrow? It's not like you have a well-aged account here with tons of feedback showing successful transactions. Even if, say, you were the OP's neighbor how would you guarantee that you would ship, let alone pay the bitcoins to the OP.

The escrow process involves the buyer sending you bitcoins upfront. This requires an enormous level of trust. A trust hinging on a genuine intent to pay those bitcoins to the seller (OP) and to ship the purchased items to the buyer.

This is just silly but I guess you are just a born cynic, nothing I can do anything about that. I was just trying to be helpful to facilitate this guys offer.

I wouldnt waste my time for shipping and holding escrow for 10-100 dollars worth of purchases to scam someone. Just look up the socioeconomic status of California residents. We are not located in eastern europe or some part of the country that would scam for 5 bucks.

Just trying to be nice, if you dont want me to be of help/service I honestly dont give two shits and dont want the hassle. But just ponder things before you spew nonsense like scamming for an in person meet up, shits just asinine.

▄▄▄    B2BX - FIRST LEGAL INSTITUTIONAL CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE    ▄▄▄ 
//  JOIN ICO  //  2nd Oct 2017  //
▄▄▄  WHITEPAPER  ▄  FACEBOOK  ▄  TELEGRAM   ▄  BITCOINTALK  ▄  TWITTER  ▄▄▄

Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 11:39:34 AM

Did you break into a museum ?  Grin
rodik888

Activity: 155
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:05:00 PM

Hey Mate, welcome to the club who accepts crypto currencies!

We're building a classified platform where businesses such as yours can post your ads and have real time crypto coin purchase your products with them.
Would be awesome to get you guys on board @ http://ClassiCoins.Online

We're in the process of getting 100 listings before Oct 31st, so that we began marketing the platform to end users (your clients) as of Nov 1st.
Looking forward to seeing what you've got to post. Also, if you have multiple products and/or services, please post them in all the right categories, would be greatly appreciated... also use pictures to get more engagement.

Cheers!

Bitcoin OTC & Blockchain Business Development into practical world adoption.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:34:35 PM

This is just silly but I guess you are just a born cynic, nothing I can do anything about that. I was just trying to be helpful to facilitate this guys offer.

I wouldnt waste my time for shipping and holding escrow for 10-100 dollars worth of purchases to scam someone. Just look up the socioeconomic status of California residents. We are not located in eastern europe or some part of the country that would scam for 5 bucks.

Just trying to be nice, if you dont want me to be of help/service I honestly dont give two shits and dont want the hassle. But just ponder things before you spew nonsense like scamming for an in person meet up, shits just asinine.

I don't think he was necessarily trying to be rude. I think he's just bringing out a point about the desire of a lot of buyers to have an escrow that has been on this forum for a while and has an account worth enough such that it wouldn't make sense for him/her to dump the account to scam.

He's not saying that you will scam; he's just saying that the buyer and seller both need to consider every single outcome of the situation. I'm positive he didn't mean to come off as rude.

@OP I might be interested in a few things. I'll take a look back at this thread in a week and see if I'm still interested. There is some really cool stuff here!

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
cipher-x_09

Merit: 120

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:38:36 AM

I think this is a nice offer but considering the fact that your not high as I am maybe people will believe your post if you post things that are specific like creating a web page for the items you are selling if you don't want others finding about your identity, but regardless we don't have proof of your items that you are selling how are we so sure that you are not just scamming or tricking people to sell their bitcoin to you?? Regardless these collection of item would be nice for collectors or geek freeks out there.  Smiley

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Xabad

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

@ OP those are nice vintage PCs you really want to dispose them off?
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 01:50:32 PM

I can escrow for whatever the going rate is. I'm just looking to build credibility and earn some pennies on the side!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: