Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:30:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bagholders  (Read 393 times)
Princess802 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:03:28 PM

For some mad reason, I have begun collecting old/dead/abandoned coins.

Anyone sitting on any delisted / abandoned coins?  What are they?
lolzo

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 11:33:01 PM

Tell us what you have. Got any 42?
Princess802 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:38:04 PM

I just started.

I have some random fractional amount of Denarius (I found a faucet, it got weird from there.)

I have some Factom (not sure if it's "officially" dead, but it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.)

Also, for reasons that are lost to time, I think I have an old wallet with Quotient on a USB somewhere, but that might turn out to be a complete lie.  (Lots of jump drives, so little time.)
JPMorganson

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:54:18 PM

a bagholder is a shareholder. left holding shares of worthless stocks.

The shareholders could be caught up in a corporate bankruptcy and accounting scandal, as was the case with Enron and Worldcom, or the victims of a pump and dump scheme, in which naive and unsophisticated investors fall victim to e-mail spam, rigged stock tip forums, or other tricks used by stock touts to drive.

The word is derived by combining the shareholder with the expression "left holding the bag."
Princess802 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:59:06 PM

a bagholder is a shareholder. left holding shares of worthless stocks.

The shareholders could be caught up in a corporate bankruptcy and accounting scandal, as was the case with Enron and Worldcom, or the victims of a pump and dump scheme, in which naive and unsophisticated investors fall victim to e-mail spam, rigged stock tip forums, or other tricks used by stock touts to drive.

The word is derived by combining the shareholder with the expression "left holding the bag."

Thanks, Pierpont.

I meant it in the familiar sense.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588413.0 <-- Like these
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:59:54 PM

I just started.

I have some random fractional amount of Denarius (I found a faucet, it got weird from there.)

I have some Factom (not sure if it's "officially" dead, but it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.)

Also, for reasons that are lost to time, I think I have an old wallet with Quotient on a USB somewhere, but that might turn out to be a complete lie.  (Lots of jump drives, so little time.)

well factom ain't dead and denarius is up 7% today but for the rest I got no clue

Gambler_btc

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:01:39 AM

What is the point of collecting dead ones? Future manipulation on, for example, yobit?
Princess802 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:12:02 AM

What is the point of collecting dead ones? Future manipulation on, for example, yobit?

No real reason.  Just like completing sets of things.  Like when they made a special quarter for every U.S. state.  Worth like 12$, but having the whole set was awesome.

Also, yobit makes Me uncomfortable.  I don't know what their scam is, but I feel like they are up to *something*.

Basically, I just want some of as many dead coins as possible, just to have them.  Like a dragon hording treasure.  Lots and lots of shiny treasure.
Wyre08

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:22:01 AM

No real reason.  Just like completing sets of things.  Like when they made a special quarter for every U.S. state.  Worth like 12$, but having the whole set was awesome.

Also, yobit makes Me uncomfortable.  I don't know what their scam is, but I feel like they are up to *something*.

Basically, I just want some of as many dead coins as possible, just to have them.  Like a dragon hording treasure.  Lots and lots of shiny treasure.
Hahahaha lots and lots of shiny treasure! Awesome. But wouldn't it be more worth your time to collect almost dead coins and hope one of them takes off and you can make some money. Otherwise it's literally throwing money down the drain
g4r1n1m

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:22:45 AM

I just started.

Denarius is farr away from being dead
its maintained by the dev and being mined by many users
CryptoBagHolder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:24:55 AM

I'm a bag holder of DGB, SIA, and Bitshares!!  No sighn of breaking even with them Ass coins!!
Princess802 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:30:23 AM

I'm a bag holder of DGB, SIA, and Bitshares!!  No sighn of breaking even with them Ass coins!!

Digibyte is alive and well, last I heard.  At the worst, you can unload them, eat the loss and buy more BTC?
hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:36:00 AM

Sadly I am bagholding a coin but I dont like to reveal these kinds of things to everybody. That being said, I think it will be standard that sometime in your crypto journey you will be a left holding a

bag somewhere. I think this generally true unless you stick to high market cap coins (which are more reliable).  With the low marketcap coins the reward is great but at same time the risk is that you

could get scammed or be left with worthless coins. It is a tradeoff but one that I think is worth if it you DYOR!

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:37:59 AM

Let’s see here, I’m sitting on a few dollars worth of GER, MONEY, and 365 that I bought at 1 sat. Probably a stupid idea, but I decided to buy a dollar or two of each and see if one suddenly got pumped. Although they aren't dead coins they’re near dead.
--

Guess you learn something new every day. I guess I just figured that was a crypto term somebody just said and then it caught on.

Ha, guess I’m not the only one Smiley

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Princess802 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:27:48 AM

Let’s see here, I’m sitting on a few dollars worth of GER, MONEY, and 365 that I bought at 1 sat. Probably a stupid idea, but I decided to buy a dollar or two of each and see if one suddenly got pumped. Although they aren't dead coins they’re near dead.
--

"I don't want to go on the cart!" ~Every AltCoin Ever.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:38:04 AM

How would you acquire delisted coins, anyway?   In the stock market, they call them "Over-The-Counter Bulletin Board (OTCBB)" trades, which I assume is a reference to posting the sales on a bulletin board, rather than on the exchange.  Is there something like that for Cryptos?  I checked the market place here, and their doesn't seem to be many people offering to sell their delisted coins.

BTW, Factom is on shapeshift, and seems to be doing well (~$20), so maybe you've got a winner there.
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:45:47 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 09:24:12 AM by criticoflife

yeah ethD, oh wait that's still going will die later this year when the devs dump it all.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Princess802 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:58:07 AM

How would you acquire delisted coins, anyway?   In the stock market, they call them "Over-The-Counter Bulletin Board (OTCBB)" trades, which I assume is a reference to posting the sales on a bulletin board, rather than on the exchange.  Is there something like that for Cryptos?  I checked the market place here, and their doesn't seem to be many people offering to sell their delisted coins.

BTW, Factom is on shapeshift, and seems to be doing well (~$20), so maybe you've got a winner there.

I was hoping people would be interested in trading / donations.  If you have 100000 worthless coins, and the blockchain is still up...why not send one coin?  After all, the truly dead ones are worthless.  Not like I'm some scammer out to get rich one Bonecoin at a time.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:50:31 AM

I do not dare to buy / collect the delist coin. Because I do not like to waste my time and money to buy the coins.
but some people benefit from the purchase of dead coins. I do not know their reasons and strategies.

Princess802 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:51:43 AM

I do not dare to buy / collect the delist coin. Because I do not like to waste my time and money to buy the coins.
but some people benefit from the purchase of dead coins. I do not know their reasons and strategies.

"Because it's there." -Sir Edmond Hillary
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: