Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:46:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer with a laptop  (Read 548 times)
AkaSnake (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:08:24 AM

Hello guys, I'm planning on getting the L3+ Antminer and since it's loud I would have to use my laptop to put it somewhere else, does it work well with laptops? Is there any PC requirements to use the antminer?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nitego

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:02:23 AM

Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-XZL77qqs

A laptop is only required to configure your miner during initial setup.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:10:24 AM

A Laptop or a desktop computer it works, for specs you must have a decent working laptop (core i3 with 4 gb ram it works) and a good internet in order for your antminer to connect in mining pool for bitcoin like antpool, BTC.top etc and for etheruem - Ethpool, f2pool and more. There's a lot of crypto with a lot of mining pool so it's your choice, basically your laptop will just act like a gateway to the mining pool and your mining hardware will act as a processor for mining.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:02:02 AM

Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-XZL77qqs

I think the laptop can be used to mine, I have asus rog and is reading if my laptop can be used to mine?

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:08:54 AM

A Laptop or a desktop computer it works, for specs you must have a decent working laptop (core i3 with 4 gb ram it works) and a good internet in order for your antminer to connect in mining pool for bitcoin like antpool, BTC.top etc and for etheruem - Ethpool, f2pool and more. There's a lot of crypto with a lot of mining pool so it's your choice, basically your laptop will just act like a gateway to the mining pool and your mining hardware will act as a processor for mining.

I see but, does the laptop need to have that specification ? Or we can just use an old laptop to configure the the miner ?
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:10:09 AM

I see but, does the laptop need to have that specification ? Or we can just use an old laptop to configure the the miner ?
The specification that i said is just the recommended specs that is available and still manufactured, because some of the miners preferred to buy new laptop or pc that is in the market right now, what is the specs of the old laptop that you're implying? you can run the mining software in the minimum specs of core 2 duo any cpu that is made after 2005 (like the old pentium 4) 1 gb ram and any ATA or SATA bigger than 30GB will do for the hard drive and a stable connection, we can't mine bitcoin in computer these days and it is not profitable.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 11:14:29 AM

The correct answer was given by nitego:
The L3, just like all other recent bitmain hardware, has a controller embedded on the ASIC.

You just plug the power in, connect the network port to your switch using a standard utp cable and it's done. You only need a laptop or PC to surf to the webGUI to set everything up.

Any laptop, desktop, phone or tablet will do, as long as it's able to connect to your network and open a browser.

Once the setup is done, you don't need the laptop/desktop/phone/tablet/server/thin client any longer.

You are NOT using the laptop/desktop/tablet/phone to mine, only to setup (chose the pool, set some parameters,...)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AkaSnake (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:54:13 PM

The L3, just like all other recent bitmain hardware, has a controller embedded on the ASIC.

You just plug the power in, connect the network port to your switch using a standard utp cable and it's done. You only need a laptop or PC to surf to the webGUI to set everything up.

Any laptop, desktop, phone or tablet will do, as long as it's able to connect to your network and open a browser.

Once the setup is done, you don't need the laptop/desktop/phone/tablet/server/thin client any longer.

You are NOT using the laptop/desktop/tablet/phone to mine, only to setup (chose the pool, set some parameters,...)

That clarifies everything, thanks for the info!!
ToneySab

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:30:52 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2021, 04:51:40 PM by ToneySab

I've had some misconceptions about how all that works. Thanks for clarifying this Mocacinno.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: