Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:18:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RANT: ICO Announcement Threads  (Read 216 times)
panorama (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:51:18 AM

Does anyone else get frustrated with the amount of pointless chatter in Announcement threads? You can literally have 100 pages of comments with very little substance, so posts with real comments/questions for the development team get missed and go unanswered.

metaponzi

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:54:13 AM

People are paid to post and keep threads bumped.

What do you expect?
panorama (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:07:35 PM

People are paid to post and keep threads bumped.

What do you expect?

I know why it's happening so I'm not surprised or confused by it, but it's still frustrating.

Ligrev

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:30:00 PM

Yeah, ofc., but I noticed that this appears to be a general "problem" in CryptoSpace...have you ever been to a Telegram group (mostly for some ICO Project)?
The stupidity of some people is ridiculous!!
BJFC1402

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:32:06 PM

the issue for me is that i can sometime "get lost" - cant find whats really important beneath all whats not.
Ligrev

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:43:31 PM

the issue for me is that i can sometime "get lost" - cant find whats really important beneath all whats not.

This is, IMO, one of the biggest problems!
panorama (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:40:36 PM

Exactly. Even if my question has been asked before, I'm not going to read through 100 pages of fluff to find out. But if I post a question it ends up getting lost because no one else is reading it for the same reason.

These signature campaigns are what's really to blame.

granitegambit

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:46:02 PM

Sadly that's how it works.

You are always going to get a few morons posting stupid comments instead of actually looking at the information and whitepaper.

And on the other hand, it's beneficial for the owner of the thread to have it active so it goes to the top of the page so more people click on it and see their ICO.

It's a horrible combination.
crypt0heaven

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:47:36 PM

There is a bunch of shitty ICOs out there. Also did you guys read this? Malicious Smart contract hack on etherdelta https://themerkle.com/hacker-uses-malicious-smart-contract-to-trick-etherdelta-users/
panorama (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:03:57 PM

There is a bunch of shitty ICOs out there. Also did you guys read this? Malicious Smart contract hack on etherdelta https://themerkle.com/hacker-uses-malicious-smart-contract-to-trick-etherdelta-users/

Yeah, I saw that. Staying on top of everything in the crypto space feeks like a full time job now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: