Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethicoin is coming: Ethicoin's purpose is to improve the condition of humanity  (Read 4468 times)
Ethicoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:16:41 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 10:28:45 PM by Ethicoin

Ethicoin is coming.

Ethicoin's sole purpose is to improve the condition of humanity on planet Earth through sponsoring innovative inventors, authors, artists, non-profits, entrepreneurs, grassroots organizations, cryptocurrency projects, online content creators (blogs) and more worldwide.

The coin will also be profitable to mine and trade for a number of reasons which will be revealed soon.

From a technical standpoint this coin will integrate aspects of Bitcoin, Litecoin and Devcoin, and will also have some entirely new features which have not yet been seen in any crypto.

Technical details and more to be revealed soon  Wink

If you run a blog or a project which you believe may be eligible for Ethicoin funding please PM me or reply to this thread.

In the interests of an ethical launch, we are going to give plenty of notice before this coin is launched officially, testing is complete, and once the whitepaper is finalized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:30:48 PM

i see i see. sounds neat.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:32:00 PM

Based on that description, it sounds...exactly like Devcoin. How will it be different from the existing currency?
Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:34:00 PM

i see i see. sounds neat.

Thank you for your support.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know may be eligible for funding,

Ethicoin will be widely mined due to the (secret feature) to be revealed soon Smiley

Anyone is eligible to earn Ethicoin's (beyond the miner's who will also earn Ethicoin) so please let me know if you know anyone who may be interested!
Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:41:11 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 10:54:19 PM by Ethicoin

Based on that description, it sounds...exactly like Devcoin. How will it be different from the existing currency?

This is a very good question.

Ethicoin will be different to Devcoin in a number of ways:

- Ethicoin is not designed to compete with Devcoin (it is inspired by DVC after all) but rather to complement Devcoin.

- There will be a limit of approx 80 000 000 Ethicoin's ultimately in circulation (Devcoin is virtually unlimited) this will ensure Ethicoin's retain, hold, and hopefully improve their value over time.

- Devcoin sponsors open-source projects only - Ethicoin will sponsor any project which is deemed to be beneficial to humanity on this planet (more specific criteria coming soon).

- With Ethicoin 50% of generated coins will go to the miners and 50% will go to sponsored projects (with Devcoin 90% of generated coins go to projects and 10% go the miners)

- Ethicoin will be merge mined with LTC (OK there goes one of our secrets Smiley As far as I know Ethicoin will be the first coin to achieve this.

- Ethicoin is Scrypt based

- Ethicoin will implement DVC's concept of receiver files to distribute funds to sponsored projects.

- Due to being the first coin to be merge mined with LTC,  Ethicoin will in essence amount to "free coins" for LTC miners while also helpng ensure a bright future for humanity on this planet.

Further questions are more than welcome (although I have to go soon) but we will endeavour to answer any questions as soon as possible.

If you or anyone you know may be eligible for ETC funding please email ethicoin@gmail.com
Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:56:36 PM

imho it sounds more like another alt-coin with only changed constants + name and logo.. hope it has something better than "10 reasons why this coin is better" article

Thank you for the feedback. Please read the above post - we are hoping to be the first coin which can be merge mined with LTC. I will admit the majority of the rest of the motivation behind Ethicoin is non-technical and is to simply help humanity achieve its dreams on this planet and we are proud of that.
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:57:34 PM

imho it sounds more like another alt-coin with only changed constants + name and logo.. hope it has something better than "10 reasons why this coin is better" article

You're wrong.  Merged mining with LTC is a major innovation. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:59:58 PM

HippieCoin

Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:03:46 PM

You're wrong.  Merged mining with LTC is a major innovation. 

We are currently looking for a mining pool to test the LTC merged mining. Please let me know if you know of an LTC mining pool which would be happy to support our testing.
Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:05:54 PM

HippieCoin

Free love, free money, free Ethicoin for LTC miners while also helping us sponsor amazing projects worldwide. I prefer "win win coin" myself Smiley
kr4x

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:06:51 PM

your mom has hairy nipples
Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:15:41 PM

And that is why GLD will fail (your post). We have real vision, extensive marketing plan, and technical knowledge behind Ethicoin.

This is only the beginning.

We will ensure plenty of notice before we launch - we want to launch Ethicoin in the most above board way possible.

We will start another thread regarding sponsoring projects closer to launch - at this stage we are focussed on testing and implementing the LTC merge mining.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:18:00 PM

And that is why GLD will fail (your post). We have real vision, extensive marketing plan, and technical knowledge behind Ethicoin.

We will ensure plenty of notice before we launch - we want to launch Ethicoin in the most above board way possible.
I want to know the % of premine. Guess i'll have to wait till more info.
Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:19:46 PM

There will be no premine.

Once we have the merge mining 100% tested - we will open another thread for projects to apply to be added to the receiver files from day 1.
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:31:50 PM

Once we have the merge mining 100% tested - we will open another thread for projects to apply to be added to the receiver files from day 1.
Now you have me interested Smiley
Mahav

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:37:00 PM

Very interested, merge mine with LTC will be revolutionary
Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:37:37 PM

Now you have me interested Smiley

We couldn't call our coin Ethicoin (ETC) and have premine!

We will do everything in our power to make ETC coin launch ethical and aboveboard.

Our mission:

"Ethicoin's sole purpose is to improve the condition of humanity on planet Earth through sponsoring innovative inventors, authors, artists, non-profits, entrepreneurs, grassroots organizations, cryptocurrency projects, online content creators (blogs) and more worldwide."

With LTC merge mining it is envisioned to be "free coins" for LTC miners while also sponsoring such projects...

Wink
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:38:16 PM

One thing is certain. You try to merge mine Ethicoin with Vaginacoin.. shit will get strange Smiley
Ethicoin (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:40:15 PM

One thing is certain. You try to merge mine Ethicoin with Vaginacoin.. shit will get strange Smiley

Close encounters of the third kind coin  Smiley
peonminer

Crypto is King.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:41:52 PM

Close encounters of the third kind coin  Smiley
LOL

But could you elaborate on how LTC miners will receive free coins? I think I missed the merged mining explanation boat... :/
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: