Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:30:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Oklahoma tornado...  (Read 655 times)
data_teks (OP)

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:05:48 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 08:50:32 PM by data_teks

Yeah, two big ass tornadoes headed towards my house.  They say about 40 minutes away...(6:06 pm CST atm)

Wish me luck...  Undecided

live stream:  http://kfor.com/on-air/live-streaming/
nviere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:15:50 AM

Yeah, two big ass tornadoes headed towards my house (Bethany, OK).  They say about 40 minutes away...(6:06 pm CST atm)

Wish me luck...  Undecided

live stream:  http://kfor.com/on-air/live-streaming/

wow good luck, but always listen to the Emergency messages on your radio and TV! Let us know what happend
data_teks (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:49:27 AM

Well just got my power back; lost part of my fence and bunch of tree branches.  Tornado missed my house by about 2 miles but high winds hit us pretty good.

The exact area that got hit by the F5 a week ago just got hit again last night, they lost all the power lines/poles that they had just got put up.

Crazy..
BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:33:44 AM

Man.  A friend just sent me some pictures from the F5 that just went through... utter devastation.  I'm glad that your area is OK at least. 

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 01:59:30 AM

Glad you made it through...I heard about the storm chasers that didn't survive.

Darwinism in that case....

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 05:15:56 PM

I'm glad you weren't injured or worse. Feel sorry for the fence though.  Smiley

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:21:04 PM

Glad to hear your ok. We had one Thursday that took out my neighbors house!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
data_teks (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 08:35:30 PM

Worse part about the night was when I came out of our shelter; my cox internet line was literally lying on the ground with a large tree limb on it.  I thought for sure I was going to be screwed with no internet for a few days. However, it didn't get disconnected or anything; now my line just hangs real low after I took the limb off it....heh
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:50:38 PM

Worse part about the night was when I came out of our shelter; my cox internet line was literally lying on the ground with a large tree limb on it.  I thought for sure I was going to be screwed with no internet for a few days. However, it didn't get disconnected or anything; now my line just hangs real low after I took the limb off it....heh

Lol, most important thing next to life is internet and power. Gotta have that net&power.
nviere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:50:24 PM

Great that you didn't get harmed!
data_teks (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:53:32 AM

Yeah so it turns out, the tornado I was talking about in my OP was an F5, 2.5 miles wide, and winds at 300 mph. (this is double the size of the one that everyone saw on TV from the 20thin Moore, OK).  The one Friday night turned out to be the largest tornado ever recorded in world history.  Little did I know it was just one big one; looking back, the news casters said they thought it was two because they didn't think a tornado could get that big when they were looking at it on the radar.  Now I can see why those storms chasers died; it was dark and they had no idea how big it really was. When it turned southward, it was so wide, they probably had no chance to get out of it's way. News people said that some of the other people that died were literally sucked right out of their cars.

Lucky that bad boy turned off south and died down right before it came into OKC metro; got nothing bunch of farm land and outskirt buildings.

One part of history I'm glad I wasn't part of...
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 10:16:41 PM

Yeah so it turns out, the tornado I was talking about in my OP was an F5, 2.5 miles wide, and winds at 300 mph. (this is double the size of the one that everyone saw on TV from the 20thin Moore, OK).  The one Friday night turned out to be the largest tornado ever recorded in world history.  Little did I know it was just one big one; looking back, the news casters said they thought it was two because they didn't think a tornado could get that big when they were looking at it on the radar.  Now I can see why those storms chasers died; it was dark and they had no idea how big it really was. When it turned southward, it was so wide, they probably had no chance to get out of it's way. News people said that some of the other people that died were literally sucked right out of their cars.

Lucky that bad boy turned off south and died down right before it came into OKC metro; got nothing bunch of farm land and outskirt buildings.

One part of history I'm glad I wasn't part of...
That's some tornado...  Shocked

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: