Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:50:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITSTAMP BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT - 300K HELD - no response BE AWARE OF THIS SCAM!!!  (Read 1096 times)
keyrole (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:36:39 PM

To all my fellow bitcoin fans, who probably have an account at Bitstamp - please read careful.

Bitstamp blocked my account and is now holding my funds in the amount of 300K without any reason. I am a member for 3 months and have not conducted any single false action against TOS. I don't get even a reply why they blocked me. Moreover, my last deposit from my bank account has not been transferred yet.

Bitstamp is a huge scam. Don't deposit at bitstamp. They don't respond to my e-mails, the given phone number is not working. Now I will contact my lawyer to take legal action. Don't use bitstamp for anything because they will block your account and steal your money from nowhere!

I registered here in order to open this thread. I will update you about the outcome here.
hunterkrypto

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:44:37 PM

that's a big problem for you with bitstamp. thank you for all your notice and i will be careful with bitstamp.
but how can you sue bitstamp if you know about them and their dimn comes from.
tukiMiN

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:49:43 PM

To all my fellow bitcoin fans, who probably have an account at Bitstamp - please read careful.

Bitstamp blocked my account and is now holding my funds in the amount of 300K without any reason. I am a member for 3 months and have not conducted any single false action against TOS. I don't get even a reply why they blocked me. Moreover, my last deposit from my bank account has not been transferred yet.

Bitstamp is a huge scam. Don't deposit at bitstamp. They don't respond to my e-mails, the given phone number is not working. Now I will contact my lawyer to take legal action. Don't use bitstamp for anything because they will block your account and steal your money from nowhere!

I registered here in order to open this thread. I will update you about the outcome here.
thanks for the information . how long have you made a deposit on bitstamp? is it true that it is a scam. so far i have never tried deposit in bitstamp

keyrole (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:54:21 PM

I am a coin fan. I love trading with bitcoins and etherium and litcoins. I bought them long time ago and moved to bitstamp 3 months ago which I really regret. I made daily 4-5 trades.

I will sue their legal entity in UK and the CEO for this behaviour. You can't keep your user's money without any reason. No response so far.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 12:57:36 PM

you must have done something before this. $300k is a very huge amount not to be flagged which means, they might be seeing iregularities to what you did before this happen. where are your funds from?

just wait for their responce i'm shre they will PM you as soon as they learne about your case.  this isn't a scam section by the way.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:04:54 PM

I highly doubt that you are telling the truth. Bitstamp is one of the most professional and best exchanges in the world and I highly doubt that "they are trying to scam you" If you are not fuding and trashing the service and you are convinced in your truth than you probably misunderstood something. Try to check everything again slowly,send a support ticket, they will contat you soon.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 01:11:58 PM

It looks quite strange. Brand new forum account, title writen in caps and complaint that exchange blocked account with $300k. First, why to keep such big amount of money in exchange, it's not safest place to do that. And are you sure that you didn't break any of their TOS? There was movement of big amount of money on your account and they mave have asked for KYC information and you didn't provided it?
I think that you need start scam accusation with all neccessary proofs if things that you are saying is true.

keyrole (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:20:48 PM

Thank you for your replies. My funds are coming from my own bank accounts. What else? Last deposit pending for 10 days. I sent all KYC documents long time ago and everything was OK. I can't send jpeg files here, forum doesn't allow this. If you want to help me, please pm me your e-mail and post this proof here for me.

If you call this service to be professional, I disagree with you. Why don't they call me? Why don't they let me call them? Why don't they ask for any supporting documents, even giving me the chance to understand what they want.

I asked for refund in order to leave immediately. They don't even reply. Do not deposit a bitstamp. I made this mistake, don't do it.
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 01:26:40 PM

I didn't even knew it was possible to have that kind of money in Bitstamp...

Do you have problems with the other exchanges?

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:31:29 PM

I am a coin fan. I love trading with bitcoins and etherium and litcoins. I bought them long time ago and moved to bitstamp 3 months ago which I really regret. I made daily 4-5 trades.

I will sue their legal entity in UK and the CEO for this behaviour. You can't keep your user's money without any reason. No response so far.
Bitstamp is very big exchange and working for some time they have very good network you need to work with them properly first of all check what wrong you done if you not found any thing then contact support with all details hope they will give you positive reply some time its take time but they surely with in contact with you
keyrole (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:33:29 PM

I use all other coin wallets but never experienced such a fraud. Do you have a working phone number of Bitstamp Ltd or any contact info that could help? Tomorrow I will sue the CEO and Compliance Manager for this fraud. If they think they can get away with that so easily, they are wrong. I want to go to London but I am afraid I will only see a post box at their address.

I appreciate all your replies btw.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:57:55 PM

I don't get what do you mean by blocked, are you unable to log-in into your account or your withdrawal is getting rejected? i don't think they're going to scam you, wait for them to reply.

here's few things you could try..
post on their reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitstamp/).
post on their twitter (https://twitter.com/Bitstamp).
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:10:44 PM

Maybe you're under investigation from authorities, 300k dollars or euros is a lot of money and raises a lot of flags.

Even 4000 EUR transactions are flagged, imagine 300k...

keyrole (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:15:49 PM

I have just got the "reply". They sold all my coins to a scammers price and want to give me cash to my bank account. I bought many coins to a price of 3900 Euro and didn't want to sell them. They plundered my whole wallet without reason.

............................................................................... ......

Hello Bitstamp,
you are not authorized to sell my coins without my approval. This activity is a clear proof of fraud and I contacted my lawyer to handle this today.

1-) Send my coins to another e-wallet I will provide you. You are not authorized to sell them. I bought them to a very high rate 3800-3900 Euro and it was not my intention to sell them.
2-) I will provide you my bank account and you will send my cash balance to this account incl. the funds that are on their way.
3-) You know, this is a serious crime to sell the balance of a player without reason/approval.
4-) I want a phone call from compliance department! If someone has this sum of money in his wallet, you can’t assign him regular live chat who hasn’t any authority to handle such huge amount.

Dear XXXXXXX,

After careful consideration, Bitstamp decided to terminate Your access to Your Account in accordance with our Terms of Use. Your account will be terminated from the date of this notice having been received by you. This notice shall be treated as having been served upon completion of the transmission of this email.

The decision to terminate your Account has been reached following a close examination of your recent account activity and information which you have provided. It is our view that any continuation of our relationship would not be appropriate at this time due to internal policies.

We kindly ask you to provide us with a valid bank account held in your name in a reply to this Account Termination Notice so Bitstamp can proceed with your Account termination and send you the currencies credited and your recent deposit to your Account within 14 business days after your Account has been terminated, costs withheld.

Make sure to specify all requested banking information.

BTC and ETH will be transferred only after conversion into a currency using our spot exchange rate, costs withheld.

Bitstamp will send to You the credit balance of Your account and the deposit made to Your account, however in circumstances a number of intermediaries may be involved in an international payment and these or the beneficiary bank may deduct charges. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that such charges are disclosed to You prior to sending Your payment, however where they cannot be avoided, You acknowledge that these charges cannot always be calculated in advance, and that you agree to be responsible for such charges.

If you do not provide us with a valid bank account held in your name to which you wish your currencies be sent, Bitstamp will send the currencies to the bank account from which you have made your last deposit to Bitstamp.

For more information, see our Terms of Use: https://www.bitstamp.net/terms-of-use/

*Email is inherently insecure and Bitstamp Limited is unable to guarantee the protection of your privacy as stipulated in our Privacy policy. If you send your documents to our email we invite you to encrypt your files using our PGP key, which you can download here: https://www.bitstamp.net/pgp_key/

Best regards,
Bitstamp Team

---

Bitstamp LIMITED
5 New Street Square, EC4A 3TW London, United Kingdom
Phone: (+44) 20 8133 5474 | web: www.bitstamp.net

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee. Any unauthorized use, review, retransmissions, dissemination
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 04:35:24 PM

feel sorry for you. but that's just fuck.

you posted these information when it says "This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee. Any unauthorized use, review, retransmissions, dissemination" you might be making things worse.

i don't think bitstamp is also going to scam someone, they didn't provide any reason besides what they said below.

notice this:

The decision to terminate your Account has been reached following a close examination of your recent account activity and information which you have provided. It is our view that any continuation of our relationship would not be appropriate at this time due to internal policies.

i wonder. maybe you did something is really crazy and maybe you are not aware.
keyrole (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:28:14 PM

Do you think I give a damn to such a idiotic, useless phrase that you see in every trash email? I will publish it in every national newspaper and broadcaster TV and Radio. I will use another 500k in order to warn people about this scam, believe me, I really don't care if I act emotional or not. I immediately lost 20k alone with this unauthorized transaction. Still no access to my funds and don't know what happens next. I have just contacted my lawyer in London and guees what, they are in the same building 5 New St Square, London EC4A. You can not plunder someone's wallet without reason. Bitstamp will not get away with this. I am so angry now, my hands are shaking while writing this phrases.

Btw what do you think what did I do in my wallet? Deposit money from my bank and I bought and sold bitcoins as everyone here. Even if you want to terminate one's account - THEN JUST REFUND HIM HIS COINS INTO ANOTHER WALLET WITHOUT CONVERTING IT INTO SCAM CASH!!!!
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:34:39 PM

Do you think I give a damn to such a idiotic, useless phrase that you see in every trash email? I will publish it in every national newspaper and broadcaster TV and Radio. I will use another 500k in order to warn people about this scam, believe me, I really don't care if I act emotional or not. I immediately lost 20k alone with this unauthorized transaction. Still no access to my funds and don't know what happens next. I have just contacted my lawyer in London and guees what, they are in the same building 5 New St Square, London EC4A. You can not plunder someone's wallet without reason. Bitstamp will not get away with this. I am so angry now, my hands are shaking while writing this phrases.

Btw what do you think what did I do in my wallet? Deposit money from my bank and I bought and sold bitcoins as everyone here. Even if you want to terminate one's account - THEN JUST REFUND HIM HIS COINS INTO ANOTHER WALLET WITHOUT CONVERTING IT INTO SCAM CASH!!!!

So you lost 20k, rightfully angry, and prepared to spend another 500k to warn people about the scam?

Bonkers.

Well with aml/kyc, exchanges are becoming a scam by limiting the amount one can move their money/coins around.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:40:50 PM

Well with aml/kyc, exchanges are becoming a scam by limiting the amount one can move their money/coins around.
Government has got to retain their control on you somehow..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:43:34 PM

Better, you to take a close look at the terms and conditions of the website and other facts before proceeding to any legal action. Hiring a lawyer before understanding the situation won't help you as if the site is claiming something then there will be a reason for that.
As the bitstamp is the oldest exchange and I never heard anything suspicious about them.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:45:02 PM

Government has got to retain their control on you somehow..

Fuck them.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: