Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:07:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Warning] About Coinomi  (Read 2099 times)
Dopert

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:42:36 PM

Thank you so far. I almost got it. But the Coinomi seed is not particulair of 1 (coin) blockchain. Bip0032 says that the seed is translated trough the masternode.

Is the seed (phrase) of Coinomi a bundel of seeds of diffrent coins you are holding in your wallet? I mean Coinomi has no masterode, so where does the unfoulding/translating of the Coinomi seed take place if it contain several blockchain seeds/keys Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:57:31 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 05:24:31 PM by maeusi

Thank you so far. I almost got it. But the Coinomi seed is not particulair of 1 (coin) blockchain. Bip0032 says that the seed is translated trough the masternode.

Is the seed (phrase) of Coinomi a bundel of seeds of diffrent coins you are holding in your wallet? I mean Coinomi has no masterode, so where does the unfoulding/translating of the Coinomi seed take place if it contain several blockchain seeds/keys Huh
Good question. I was also wondering about the seeds of the different coins. But seperate private keys of every  coin can be exported. I did that for example with ETH to import to myetherwallet.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:48:52 AM

I once imported my hardware wallet mnemonic phrase into coinomi wallet and it showed me the same BTC address as it was showing in hardware wallet app, same ethereum wallet as in app and same for doge addy as well.

From what I understand is that it loads wallet according to mnemonic phrase and does not contains any separate keys/seeds for each altcoin wallet. Its only that one mnemonic phrase.
Connemara

Activity: 61
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:05:24 AM

Good question. I was also wondering abour the seeds of the different coins. But seperate private keys of every  coin can can be exported. I did that for example with ETH to import to myetherwallet.
Did you export private keys via Coinomi menu? It redirects to webpage... Is it safe or should I use air-gapped machine then?
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:54:40 AM

I went through the steps, posted by coinomi.
https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000009717-what-is-the-recovery-tool-and-how-do-i-export-my-private-keys-
As I remeber right I used airplain mode, because the mnemonic converter also works offline.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:11:50 AM

Did you export private keys via Coinomi menu? It redirects to webpage... Is it safe or should I use air-gapped machine then?

It's an open source project and you can run it locally in your PC without internet connection If you want to but since the website is forked and hosted by Coinomi, I see no reason on why you should use air gapped machine for that because If you're afraid of Coinomi, then the wallet itself is not open source, they could've stolen your funds already If they wanted to and the same thing applies to a hacker who have access to your phone through a malware.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CryptoRich82

Activity: 16
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:18:20 PM

@Coinomi DEVS Do you have an ETA for Callisto airdrop release? I use yobit too and already have my CLO.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:20:49 PM

@Coinomi DEVS Do you have an ETA for Callisto airdrop release? I use yobit too and already have my CLO.

This is not the ANN thread. I suggest checking Twitter for announcements or their Telegram, the CEO is pretty active there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Robert12365

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:55:26 PM

My coinomi wallet has anything coin however not recieving and saying no connection and not showing up on the blockchain .are these coins actuly in my wallet .and verify keeps going up like it still getting spproved ..Mmmmm
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:06:45 PM

My coinomi wallet has anything coin however not recieving and saying no connection and not showing up on the blockchain .are these coins actuly in my wallet .and verify keeps going up like it still getting spproved ..Mmmmm

If you don't see the funds in your wallet after checking your address in a blockexplorer, then you don't have the funds. If you do, It could be a display issue.

Alternatively, I suggest getting in touch with the community/dev team in Reddit or Telegram, can be found on their site (footer): https://www.coinomi.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:55:23 PM

If you don't see the funds in your wallet after checking your address in a blockexplorer, then you don't have the funds. If you do, It could be a display issue.

Alternatively, I suggest getting in touch with the community/dev team in Reddit or Telegram, can be found on their site (footer): https://www.coinomi.com/

Bro almost 10 months and more up so far after you opened this thread! Still is that not confirmed from the dev team of Coinomi, they should check and rectify the bug on their wallet or site right?

Can you check and confirm once again. I have their application on my phone and so far I did not find any issues with the wallet about usages.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:50:17 PM

Bro almost 10 months and more up so far after you opened this thread! Still is that not confirmed from the dev team of Coinomi, they should check and rectify the bug on their wallet or site right?

Can you check and confirm once again. I have their application on my phone and so far I did not find any issues with the wallet about usages.

I also can't find any bugs (even on my second phone with old androin 4.4). Nothing disappeared, except the Ethereum tokens. Baught some within the Coinomi App (not the built in exchangers), but I forget about them, so that I can't find them. But also therefore exists a solution. Export Ethereum wallet to MEW and the tokens should be visable.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:17:15 AM

I'm not related to the team, I only made this thread as a warning. I suggest using their Telegram and asking them yourselves.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
angelitto74

Activity: 10
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:44:01 AM

I also can't find any bugs (even on my second phone with old androin 4.4). Nothing disappeared, except the Ethereum tokens. Baught some within the Coinomi App (not the built in exchangers), but I forget about them, so that I can't find them. But also therefore exists a solution. Export Ethereum wallet to MEW and the tokens should be visable.

This is an old dBase issue (funds were not affected of course) which is now fixed. All tokens are addable from either +Tokens list (if they're natively listed in the wallet) or the search function in the same page if they are not.

Also note that you don't have to expose your ETH key to mew, as the seed is cross-importable (coinomi to mew, mew to coinomi).

Angelos from Coinomi
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: