Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:23:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zcash "Block-Time" - please help  (Read 342 times)
Simsr (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:01:12 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 06:41:32 PM by Simsr

Hello my dear board members
I am new in mining, so please excuse if i ask silly questions (and also english isnt my mothers language): i just changed from mining eth to mining zcash (as a try) - both on dwarfpool. With eth i had relatively constant "earnings". With zcash, i got my first % of round after 2 hours, next after 3, then again after 2 hours. But then it lastet over 18 hours and gave me the same amount  i got after 2 hours. Does that really mean that the time to find a block can differ so much?

Thanx for an explanation or a link to a similar topic if one exists - i didnt find one.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:18:42 PM

Dwarfpool doesn't have as much interest from Zcash miners as it does from Ethereum miners. This is why the payouts are more inconsistent as they do not have the hash power to find block in as timely manner as they do with Ethereum. You should move to a different pool that has a higher Zcash mining population, such as https://zcash.flypool.org.

There are other pools as well, but be sure you check out their statistics pages to make sure they have plenty of miners and hash rate pointed at the pool you are interested in before you join.
Simsr (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:11:03 PM

Thank you very much !
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:29:01 PM

Also note that zcash adjusts difficulty dynamically so you may look in the morning and expect say 0.326 ZEC from your rig but by the end of the day you may only get .305. Its really hard to pin down consistent payouts with ZEC based on this so dont worry if the numbers are not the same day to day.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Simsr (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:44:54 AM

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: