Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:36:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about used addresses  (Read 235 times)
linkdead13 (OP)

Activity: 330
Merit: 100

0x86dc77dFd74827c19B7AfF84Ab46D7f9504899dE

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 07:59:46 PM

I'm trying to claim the bitcore airdrop but the address that has the snapshot is a previously used address. Now it's the same wallet but 2 issues I have no idea what my private key was for that specific address and the other issue is, If there is a way to sign a message with a previously used address of a wallet?
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 08:09:59 PM

You can sign a message with any address you have control. A "used address" is still a regular address just like any other, but may be labeled like this to prevent you from using the same address more than once by mistake in case you care about privacy.

1. What is your wallet software?

Read this thread on how to sign a message with several major wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:13:56 PM

I'm trying to claim the bitcore airdrop but the address that has the snapshot is a previously used address. Now it's the same wallet but 2 issues I have no idea what my private key was for that specific address and the other issue is, If there is a way to sign a message with a previously used address of a wallet?

If you use bitcoin core you can use console and get private key by using the command dumpprivkey.
linkdead13 (OP)

Activity: 330
Merit: 100

0x86dc77dFd74827c19B7AfF84Ab46D7f9504899dE

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 09:46:44 PM

You can sign a message with any address you have control. A "used address" is still a regular address just like any other, but may be labeled like this to prevent you from using the same address more than once by mistake in case you care about privacy.

1. What is your wallet software?

Read this thread on how to sign a message with several major wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990345.0

I use blockchain.info and get my priv key through my 12 word seed under the electrum wallet. I tried signing the message with the available address but when I tried to submit to bitcore claim it told me the signiture was invalid
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: