Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitTalk Podcast - Episode 1 | Subscribe @ BitTalk.tv  (Read 8197 times)
flug

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 06:34:13 PM

Excellent first show guys! Congratulations. Best Bitcoin broadcast I've heard so far.

YouTube is better for me, coz the shows will pop up in my subscriptions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 06:54:01 PM

Why the liberal-bashing? Well whatever, good podcast overall - generally intelligent stuff.
Atom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

"Basics Of Generational Dynamics" - Look it up!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 07:15:25 PM

Excellent first show guys! Congratulations. Best Bitcoin broadcast I've heard so far.

YouTube is better for me, coz the shows will pop up in my subscriptions.

I'll get it up on Youtube as soon as I figure out an easy way to chop it into 15 minute pieces, right now thats kinda a pain in the ass.  Anybody already doing this for another project who would be willing to do it for us?  I can provide finished audio files and images to be slapped into a youtube friendly format.

Otherwise it will probably be next episode

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom
A Show for the Bitcoin Universe, Fresh Episodes Weekly!
Episode 3 out now at BitTalk.tv

Liked this weeks episode of BitTalk?  Send us your 2¢ (.02BTC) 
13RVBjpo3xLeDBkB2NM64N8sWK4fariZUu
Synaesthesia

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 07:21:05 PM

I'll get it up on Youtube as soon as I figure out an easy way to chop it into 15 minute pieces, right now thats kinda a pain in the ass.  Anybody already doing this for another project who would be willing to do it for us?  I can provide finished audio files and images to be slapped into a youtube friendly format.

I think the video length limit has been rescinded. If not I'd be happy to do that.
Atom

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 07:22:18 PM

link me to something saying the limit is lifted and I'll pump it out as a 40m video and get it up

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

Synaesthesia

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 07:30:29 PM

hmmm, it seems only certain users get this:

Your creativity isn’t bound by a time limit, so why should your video uploads be? Back in July we raised the upload limit to 15 minutes for all users. Starting today, we’ll begin allowing selected users with a history of complying with the YouTube Community Guidelines and our copyright rules to upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes.
Atom

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 07:34:47 PM

Why the liberal-bashing? Well whatever, good podcast overall - generally intelligent stuff.

Frankly there was very little liberal bashing a far as I can tell, but my personal departure from liberalism came when I realized that they don't believe people can make correct choices for themselves, and thus need to be told what to do by their betters.  It's not usually phrased that way, but the reality is that is the thought.    You'll hear me say it alot as we move forward, but I truly and fundamentally believe that if you are honest with people and give them accurate information, they will make the decision that benefits them best, and that's capitalism.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 07:44:30 PM

Frankly there was very little liberal bashing a far as I can tell, but my personal departure from liberalism came when I realized that they don't believe people can make correct choices for themselves, and thus need to be told what to do by their betters.  It's not usually phrased that way, but the reality is that is the thought.    You'll hear me say it alot as we move forward, but I truly and fundamentally believe that if you are honest with people and give them accurate information, they will make the decision that benefits them best, and that's capitalism.

I would disagree. Capitalism, as currently implemented, actively distorts information and value in the interest of private gain and profit. I advocate a resource based economy that does not rely on a distorted value system that money creates, and gives true information regarding resource availability, human needs and efficiency.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Synaesthesia

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 07:46:29 PM

Yeah that was an unfair comment from me. I retract what I said, you guys totally weren't liberal-bashing. There was really just one sentence in your show that started: what "the liberals" want... and I posted as I was listening to that.

I find your show very enlightening overall!

More criticism: The MP3 bitrate was also quite low, I could hear a lot of metallic ringing artifacts.
Atom

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:00:46 PM

I would disagree. Capitalism, as currently implemented, actively distorts information and value in the interest of private gain and profit. I advocate a resource based economy that does not rely on a distorted value system that money creates, and gives true information regarding resource availability, human needs and efficiency.

I don't think you and I really disagree - We don't have capitalism right now, we have corporatism and government sponsored monopolies, all of whom benefit from people having bad information, so that's the type of information they get.

Just because they call it capitalism doesn't make it so - I could call a duck a horse, but that doesn't mean you can ride it.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:11:41 PM

I don't think you and I really disagree - We don't have capitalism right now, we have corporatism and government sponsored monopolies, all of whom benefit from people having bad information, so that's the type of information they get.

Just because they call it capitalism doesn't make it so - I could call a duck a horse, but that doesn't mean you can ride it.

Corruption and criminality are the result of capitalism. We agree in our desired outcomes, but capitalism will always lead to what we have now.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Atom

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:17:47 PM

Corruption and criminality are the result of capitalism. We agree in our desired outcomes, but capitalism will always lead to what we have now.

Yeah gonna disagree with you there pretty strongly lol, corruption and criminality are the result of centralizing power.  That is not neccesarily the end result/goal of capitalism, and really has more to do just with centralized systems in general.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

Atom

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:26:52 PM

Yeah that was an unfair comment from me. I retract what I said, you guys totally weren't liberal-bashing. There was really just one sentence in your show that started: what "the liberals" want... and I posted as I was listening to that.

I find your show very enlightening overall!

More criticism: The MP3 bitrate was also quite low, I could hear a lot of metallic ringing artifacts.

The bitrate actually was pretty high, 128kbps stereo.  The problem is I configured Atlas's mic a bit too loud, so I had to go through and compress more than I usually would to get the volumes someplace comfortable - The artifacts you hear is that quite harsh compression (4:1 in places)

And no worries Wink I understand its easy to go into this stuff with expectations that aren't always what you find - Really glad you enjoyed the show, theres lots more on the way.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

Synaesthesia

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 08:28:39 PM

Corruption and criminality are the result of capitalism.
I believe they're just inherent human traits.
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:37:15 PM

Corruption and criminality are the result of capitalism.
I believe they're just inherent human traits.

If that were true, crime rates would be the same around the globe. That is obviously not the case.

Anonymous

June 27, 2011, 08:39:12 PM

Corruption can only exist when there is something corrupt; hence, it only occurs in a centralized society.
samr7

Activity: 140
Merit: 430

Firstbits: 1samr7

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 03:48:56 AM

What song is played at the end of the show?

Shazam doesn't recognize it.
Atom

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 03:54:30 AM

Faded Paper Figures - "Polaroid Solution"

That band has a few other good songs - God bless Pandora, one of the best web innovations.

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 08:38:38 AM

Just saw the latest Bitcoin Show. I can see the headlines now...

Shadowy Anonymous Terrorist Anarchists Vow to Overthrow United States Government Using Illegal Digital Currency to Raise Private Army

Atom

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 03:17:56 PM

That could be the headline, but I don't think anybody said anything close to that.  We were mostly just asking who benefits from monopolies?  Because it sure doesn't seem like it's "The People"

BitTalk
with Atlas & Atom

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: