Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be afraid of ICOs  (Read 594 times)
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:16:11 AM

Before joining in ico we must analyze or research the project. If you miss this, then you potentially lose. One important thing, if the project is using eth platform, it must use smart contract and if the project use other platform, then must use escrow service. Do not be ashamed to ask and discuss in the project announcement thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:21:42 AM

That is why the need for people, especially those investors of ICOs, to level up their investigation skills in terms of which is legit or scams is more necessary than ever. ICO investment is actually not for everyone, to be honest. It is not for those lazy ones who are not even trying to take a look and read the projects' whitepaper. It not the kind of investment for those who do not take time to carefully question the details of the projects.
You can say it like that but in reality in the current period of many developers, although the project is clear and detailed and no scam ignore the state of the coin in the market until the rate goes down and developers no development or improvement at all.
teo182

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Translation services for you

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:29:28 AM

The difficulty in this September so full of ICOs is to determine which one is really legit.
So read, study and lots of personal research.
And some luck of course
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:33:14 AM

If you research everything well before participating in a ico, you will not be disappointed. There are a lot of examples in the market for both advantages and disadvantages of ICOs.
e11io (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 02:17:57 PM

I think we're all on the same side, we might differ on some details, but mostly same line of thought.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:22:24 PM

I think we're all on the same side, we might differ on some details, but mostly same line of thought.

yes sir why should we afraid of icos. investing in ico seems dangerous and seems like ico is a scam for some people. but in my opinion ico is a great place to invest and it had a great opportunity to grow. what we need to do are to enhance our self to be more aware with the enviroment of cryptocurrency so we didnt get decieved by some fake ico.

Bearil

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

Has any one list of scam projects? I think the scammers using more easier ways to steal money then ICO's, cause there's billion details for making successful ICO.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:54:15 PM

Sometimes Some ICO is not about profit
it's way deeper than that. It is about freedom many of the times. Ability for you to decided your own path to economic relevance. That's why I do not support regulations. 99.9% of our lives are already regulated.

Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:08:28 PM

Guys, I've been reading a lot lately, and some folks have demonized ICOs. IMHO ICOs are just one more way of getting your project funded, the problem is not with the method but with the ones who try to exploit it.

My recommendation for all of you is take your time before investing, check the team, are they solid? do they complement each other? do they have a strong technical and business lead?, check the project itself, is it well defined? does it make sense? and finally check the token itself, what's its purpose?

Once everything seems to be ok, google for second opinions! If everything is still ok, go ahead, ICOs are not bad! Some folks are bad, some folks are scammers, but unfortunately you can get scammed with every other investment method too.

On the other hand, I agree that ICOs need to have some kind of governmental oversight, it can't be unregulated, is not good for anyone.

What are your thoughts on this?

Yeah, sincerely I agree with the above comment but the only problem is that even taking time to study an ICO doesn't guarantee the authenticity of such an ICO. Some ICOs look pretty cool  when they start but latter turn out to be scam. My thought

e11io (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:14:58 PM

Sometimes Some ICO is not about profit
it's way deeper than that. It is about freedom many of the times. Ability for you to decided your own path to economic relevance. That's why I do not support regulations. 99.9% of our lives are already regulated.

If we want less scams, and more adoption, we will need regulation.
Antivoid

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:15:54 PM

Guys, I've been reading a lot lately, and some folks have demonized ICOs. IMHO ICOs are just one more way of getting your project funded, the problem is not with the method but with the ones who try to exploit it.

My recommendation for all of you is take your time before investing, check the team, are they solid? do they complement each other? do they have a strong technical and business lead?, check the project itself, is it well defined? does it make sense? and finally check the token itself, what's its purpose?

Once everything seems to be ok, google for second opinions! If everything is still ok, go ahead, ICOs are not bad! Some folks are bad, some folks are scammers, but unfortunately you can get scammed with every other investment method too.

On the other hand, I agree that ICOs need to have some kind of governmental oversight, it can't be unregulated, is not good for anyone.

What are your thoughts on this?

Yeah, sincerely I agree with the above comment but the only problem is that even taking time to study an ICO doesn't guarantee the authenticity of such an ICO. Some ICOs look pretty cool  when they start but latter turn out to be scam. My thought
some projects have solid team and advanced technology, but poor at promoting, so the market performance maybe not so good, but when they get the right way, it will pump to the moon, its hard to say for a short period time
e11io (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:16:17 PM

Has any one list of scam projects? I think the scammers using more easier ways to steal money then ICO's, cause there's billion details for making successful ICO.

I think the community is already strong enough to let everyone know when a scam is identified, but a list could work so in that way you check the list before investing anywhere.
Bearil

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:29:39 PM

I think the community is already strong enough to let everyone know when a scam is identified, but a list could work so in that way you check the list before investing anywhere.

Agree. So before invest some money to any project, investor MUST make good analysis project and project details. Make decision on his own conclusions about chances to success or failure. This is the best protection against scammers.
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:41:04 PM

I agree with your statement, ICO is a revolutionary way for funding, it can help many developers who don't have enough money to launch their projects, but regulating these opertations is required.
footballcrazy

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:08:21 PM

I think ICO's are a great way for startups to explode onto the scene.

But with any investment, you need to do your research. Look into the whitepaper, the team and understand what they are trying to achieve.

I think there are some regulations that are needed, but it also needs investors to be smarter. If nobody invests in the shitty ICO's then bad ICO's will not make cash.
Creative_Juices

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:12:12 PM

Would it be possible to create a platform for regulating ICOs which doesn't involve every single different countries government trying to come to a decision? especially considering how slow most governments are when it comes to regulating emerging technologies, even more so when it is tech they struggle to properly understand. We the people should come up with some rules and regulations which would drastically reduce the risk and fraud we see in ICOs, to at least provide some guidelines of what is needed going forward. I'm thinking like a People + Government collaboration kind of thing, but then again I am always way to optimistic. I'm just hoping we won't see super harsh laws that stop them all together and even worse turn people completely off crypto.
Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:15:05 PM

This is a real fact that ICOs and IPOs are two different term but one aim that is pooling the money for the business. While IPOs are conducted in a single  country with governed by certain law as they are related to public in the another way ICOs are still uncertain of governance of certain  body but some how self regulated by  some programming technology that is shouted.
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:17:23 PM

Before joining in ico we must analyze or research the project. If you miss this, then you potentially lose. One important thing, if the project is using eth platform, it must use smart contract and if the project use other platform, then must use escrow service. Do not be ashamed to ask and discuss in the project announcement thread.

I agree with your opinion, I think the ICO is a very high risk investment and also there will be high profit if it is successful, but I think we should learn how to find a promising ICO first, probably the history is the best teacher.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:19:33 PM

Yes that is true. With plenty of research, we will able to filter and find ICO with potential. With the possibility of high return, it come with risk. We might lost some but gain alots with the ICO that deliver.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: