Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2024, 01:58:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherium is becoming very hard to mine what next?  (Read 750 times)
insaniak (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:06:49 AM

Ive been mining etherium with RX580s and 1070s and its going on a slow roll now and soon to POS. What suggetions for coins do you all have? I tried Zcash, but im getting error with shares being rejected.
DeepTerrfici

Activity: 275

Data Collecting Textile Circuitry

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:22:46 AM

this past month, i've been spreading my hash out over whalecoin, pegascoin, sikka, and iridium. i just started looking for newer coins to mine. not sure if they're good choices, but those are the ones i became interested in.
i'm also interested in what other people have been experimenting with since difficulty on eth has gotten so high.

vikec1989

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:09:06 AM

Ive been mining etherium with RX580s and 1070s and its going on a slow roll now and soon to POS. What suggetions for coins do you all have? I tried Zcash, but im getting error with shares being rejected.

You can mine Intense coin! It is perspective coin that promise a lot
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:37:06 AM

I have been using Claymore miner for ethereum mining. What will be the best miner to use for alt coins. I heard that nicehash can do many coins and can auto switch between them, but not sure I want to convert everything to bitcoins for now.
Smoikata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:47:52 AM

I am mining with Nvidia 1070 and does not go well. The difficulty has increased a lot and is no longer a good investment, I think. April-May and June were golden months for mining ethereum.
Tadzka

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

Zencash. I have a strong feeling, that this coin will rise.

Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:25:35 AM

After Ethereum, very few good options left. For your Nvidia card mainly but the AMD card should do OK too, I recommend to mine Zcash and LBRY. These are the most famous and most profitable coins to be mined at the moment. I do not suggest you to go venture into unknown coins which many exchanges may not support as you will lose precious time by dealing with such coins. Better to stick with the proven ones that can easily be converted to bitcoin if you want.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Sev18

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:37:11 AM

For now, ETH and Zcash is the most reliable answer.
There are numerous of POW coins with small market gap, they are lack of capacity of hashrate.
When mining rigs start to mine those coins, difficulty will be skyrocketted, causing dramatic decrease of its profitability.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:24:32 PM

As sad as the profits are, ETH is still a good coin to mine because of its future prospects. Ethereum has a solid team and real world use and that is more than any more other new coins out there have. Banking on the future success of this coin can still make your mining very worthwhile.

On the other hand, Zcash is also a good alternative because like ETH, it is also built by a solid team and is recognized as one of the top coins for transaction privacy.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1639

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:30:24 PM

The problem is there is a massive inflation of miners now who grabbed all the AMD and NVIDIA cards while they were cheap; all of these people are desperate for marginal gains now that the ETH has had exponential difficulty bombs and quickly flock to and saturate any emerging profitable coin. Even 2 days ago when Zcash rallied to 400, instantly difficulty also spiked, there are now automatic algos that switch miners to the most profitable coin on a daily basis...

Harsh times for mining ahead...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: