Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Bitmain just declare war on BTC?  (Read 1253 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:44:43 AM

I don't understand why people are getting so upset with this - these kind of practices are well to be expected from malicious entities such as Bitmain. It's just a desperate attempt to make people buy BCC, but the only proper response to this would be for people to not buy anything from them. I understand that they are the largest player in this market, but even they will feel it when their sales are dropping like a rock - entities like these can only be hit in their pocket, in order to make them realize that they have made a big mistake.
Joebrann

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:17:51 PM

All BTC exchanges in China are closed BTC is illegal as of right now. So why would you not switch to another coin? Also having to Chains in my eyes is very good so if big corporations try to implement certain things on the main chain since they hold all of the power we move to a different coin?

How is this a bad thing Vitamin is trying not to loose money what should they do just keep mining BTC and not be able to offload it for business needs paying electric, there people?

People are making it seem like they don't want BTC to survive that makes no sense as they still base all prices off BTC, and we all know all alt coins revolve around the BTC price.

I am no way saying bitmain is not a monopoly but there is no one else competing. There are excepting BCH, but I'm sure they know we are not going to leave BTC, and it's easier for them to move BCH imo.

Please tell me if I'm wrong. But this is what I've gathered from reading. Wait till the Japanese company actually starts releasing miners if it's true, and then I'm sure China will move the law again since they will be loosing money.
romani245

Activity: 267
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:49:43 PM

I don't understand why people are getting so upset with this - these kind of practices are well to be expected from malicious entities such as Bitmain. It's just a desperate attempt to make people buy BCC, but the only proper response to this would be for people to not buy anything from them. I understand that they are the largest player in this market, but even they will feel it when their sales are dropping like a rock - entities like these can only be hit in their pocket, in order to make them realize that they have made a big mistake.

It's an interesting conundrum, though, isn't it? Expecting people not to buy Bitmain's hardware may not be realistic. At the moment, buying mining hardware from anyone but Bitmain is basically giving away money to charity. You really expect miners to put ideology before profit?

I would only expect that to happen if the Bitcoin economy drastically transformed such that typical users engaged in mining. Hopefully that's the direction we are heading in, but we are a long way off from there.
slate_main

Activity: 105
Merit: 11

BYTZ

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:50:47 AM

There must be some other reason that just Bitmain suddenly not accepting BTC, when they do on their other products, maybe they are testing a new wallet server, perhaps they need MOAR BCC reserves, maybe...

Cash is cash, right? Just because you have stopped accepting one type of crypto does not mean your back is turned, let's see how it pans out..
Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:20:52 AM

I think this move is purely business on their end. And besides they are really supporting BCH from the beginning if I'm correct? Maybe they just want to put BCH in the notice because it is slowly dying. And China just stops trading bitcoin so its only logical for them to accept BCH for now and observed what would be the future of bitcoin trading in China. Let see how things will evolved. And its not war against BTC its just business.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:00:49 AM

why arent there companies other than bit-main.
It is not like there are no other companies like bitmain, but I am not sure you can get a company that will give you much support as a user compared to bitmain and their gadget prices are fair compared to what you will have in mostly other places, for example the recent D3.

However, this BCC issue like the OP said is obviously a big blow to BTC  but they are not really forcing anyone, are they ? They must have had a reason for it and it is a free world as anyone can decide to accept anything they feel like accepting.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:04:19 PM

Why would Bitmain declare war on BTC? That would be illogical because their biggest market for their hardware would still be BTC. Jihan Wu is also a businessman, so whatever that move is, its probably a business decision and not a declaration of war.

Another thought, maybe he loves BCC very much. Cheesy
Just like you said, he is a business man and every business men always have a motive to doing most things they always do, which is mostly for more profit. We users though always like to pretty assume so much and read meanings into so many things even if there is nothing to it. Bitmain can do what they like with no apologies as long as they keep doing what they know how to do best and it is not affecting anyone. If anyone feels war is being declared against BTC, then BTC is not saying he is scared not to return the favor (In a human sense Grin ).
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:42:32 AM

Considering current BCC price crash, which is going to continue as it should, Bitmain ll soon change their mind.

You simply cannot reinvent BTC and those who try to scam the system deserve to lose money.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:49:28 PM

I don't think that demand for miners is such in volume that it could affect the price of BCH in any significant way.  At the moment there are 4 prices for Antminer S9-13.5TH/s
1265 USD  (0.22265110 BTC; 4.01795636 BCC; 21.54493353 LTC;).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: