Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:47:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Bitmain 135-chip S7 or S7-LN  (Read 463 times)
brush242 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:03:08 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 03:23:32 AM by brush242

Welp, I was out, really out, no more rigs, no more futzing about, all done.

And then, my nephew got me. "Pleeeease teach me about BTC, pleeeeeeese?"

So, knowing how kids can be, I gave him a couple of my old sidehack compacs: GekkoScience Compac BM1384 Stickminer Official Support Thread.

He has stayed interested, so I have gotten him a couple of sidehack 2Pac seconds to help out a good cause (see sidehack's sig) and Laura's page, that I'll give him next time I'm over there. He's been learning about volts, amps, burning his finger, power supplies, cutting down two-liter bottles to make an enclosure, all the fun stuff.

Hence this thread, does anyone have a dirt cheap, mint condition (heh), S7-LN or 135-chip S7 gathering dust that they would be interested in selling me?

I don't want to spend much, given that he may still lose interest, but I would like to be able to give him something "nicer" relatively soon. He's been good, and has been sending me snips of cgminer showing his compacs running every few days or so. Frankly, I was pretty sure he was going to burn them out playing with the speed and voltage, but he got them purring right along. Good for him, and it's fun to have a project we can share together.

I'd love to just get him an S9 hot off of the presses, but who knows, he's a kid, and kids move on. No reason to waste the money on something like that if he does. I figure, get him an S7, and help and teach him along the way, and maybe he'll get his own S9. Or, his parents will start charging him for electricity. HA!

If you're willing to part with one (POSSIBLY two, but they would have to be CHEAP), please just PM me, no reason to post here. EDIT: I should add, I am quite familiar with value, pricing, ROI, what they sold for last summer, market flux, etc. Please save the rube/noob offers for Amazon or eBay or whatever, save us both the time.

Usual drill, either via escrow here with someone we both trust, or PayPal or eBay.

Thanks so much!!

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
brush242 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:43:56 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 03:31:06 AM by brush242

Also, does anyone have a cheap, single, fully-functional, S7 card gathering dust that they would like to get rid of?

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
brush242 (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:37:59 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 03:31:24 AM by brush242

BMP

brush242 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:22:59 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 03:33:38 AM by brush242

You know, this place seems more riddled with rudeness amongst the established members than likely any place I've ever seen. To be fair, there's no other board I've been on that involved such buying and selling, so I wouldn't have known, but still.

Anyway, please PM me if you have something you'd like to sell.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: