Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:03:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptotourism - is it evolving?  (Read 931 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:42:09 PM

I am not sure if anyone used this term before here, but would like to discuss with you guys, when we have great and working opportunities and abilities to travel and use full services using cryptos and Bitcoin only?
So far we can get services, food, museums, etc. only at specific places and countries. It's impossible to travel using only digital coins probably.

So what are your thoughts and future vision about that?
This is evolving and its being used currently I had read about a guy who travelled across two to three countries without enough cash but bitcoin in his wallet which came back and create a thread on that even on the forum. Bitcoin is evolving and spreading its tentacles across various sector of the economy where money is being spent.

However, everything has not been completed yet, as there are still a lot of ground to be covered what is needed is the modalities to make that happen without flouting the rule of migration between countries.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:57:14 PM

I think now that crypto has become more widespread, yes even few of the countries have started applying it to the real world, like restaurants or stores involving bitcoin.
but recently, the development of critiques and bitcoin is more powerful, because it has penetrated in life, yes even in certain countries. but basically it is the beginning and the example for other countries that will follow it.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:19:22 PM

I am not sure if anyone used this term before here, but would like to discuss with you guys, when we have great and working opportunities and abilities to travel and use full services using cryptos and Bitcoin only?
So far we can get services, food, museums, etc. only at specific places and countries. It's impossible to travel using only digital coins probably.

Recently, I saw a topic here that a person travel in 2 or 3 country used around 1.9 bitcoin and with only 100$. So after this travel he found himself spend the 1.9 bitcoin and he didn't touch the 100$.
So, we can say, that travelling using our bitcoin is real; I mean we can use our bitcoin to travel and don't touch our real money.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:11:04 AM

I remember reading an article about traveling only with BTC a year or two ago, so while it massively limits your options, in some countries it is entirely possible. It won't be for a while before you can reach anywhere even remotely near the convenience of using e.g., PayPal to travel, let alone fiat currency.

It will happen soon. It's off to a good start. People have already proved it's possible. Now we just need to keep soebdibg and using Bitcoin like that so it gets accepted at more places and people see how useful it can be for their business. Once that step is established the rest will come easily without s problem and it will soon flow from there. Just wait and see. Bitcoin is nowhere near it's full potential. It will be realized within the next few years though.

ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:57:33 AM

yess actually many of people had use just only BITCOINS in travelling but they will change it to national currency of a certain country in order to pay..
maybe in 2025 we can use digital money directly to pay all the services like what you've said before HOPEFULLY
if that will happen transaction will be more faster and hassle free
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:11:04 AM

Bitcoin is not yet globally accepted all around the world. So at present it would be quite difficult to go on a world tour depending on Bitcoin.
It is not impossible though. If tour service providers can be able to manage the tour by using only cryptos then it might be actually possible to go on a crypto tour. It will surely take a lot of effort and well planning as to execute such ideas takes a lot of risks. Management is the key to good crypto tourism. Hence if the management is good then it is surely possible.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1556

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:28:58 AM

Recently, I saw a topic here that a person travel in 2 or 3 country used around 1.9 bitcoin and with only 100$. So after this travel he found himself spend the 1.9 bitcoin and he didn't touch the 100$.
So, we can say, that travelling using our bitcoin is real; I mean we can use our bitcoin to travel and don't touch our real money.

Yes, that post was the following one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2219153.msg22389111#msg22389111

Expedia is accepting bitcoin for hotels and flights booking. I like the point about Olympics in Japan, where Bitcoin is spreading pretty fast I think.

Yeah, I know it will take a time for tourism to get used to bitcoin more. But we're early adopters and every discussion starts a new chapter of cryptos.

Expedia is unfortunately accepting Bitcoin only in the United States -- or at least they are not accepting Bitcoin in Europe.

In general it seems like it's more easy to buy Bitcoin than to spend Bitcoin. At least Bitcoin ATMs and the likes seem to be more common than brick and mortar stores accepting Bitcoin. And sadly it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon.

Destinia has been accepting bitcoin payment since 2014. I don't know in how many countries but in Spain they accept it, so I would say that the same happens with most European ones. I've searched for info about this subject and I've found the following:

http://blog.destinia.com/news/destinia-decide-operar-venezuela-solo-bitcoins

The article (Destinia's blog) says that they only accept bitcoins for local travel in Venezuela. So, they trust bitcoin more than a State-issued currency, although we know it is a very weak, devaluated, and volatile one.

So if you pay for the flight and choose full board accommodation using bitcoins, you have paid most of the expenses. Then, you obviously need some cash but in some countries, you will be able to find places where to buy with bitcoin directly.

I think it is just a matter of time until bitcoin tourism offer becomes significantly wider.

Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:46:00 AM

As those countries are doing well with the economy and they set a trend for the outer world and bitcoin is successful in those countries who are applying in the real world and through the proper advertisement everyone will start using this blessing as tis technology is still evolving and as this will spread across the globe maximum of the world will start using it.
salihno71

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:56:50 AM

It's possible but not so comfortable as people would want to. It is still (as far as i know) not possible to pay directly for a plane/train/bus ticket - you have to exchange to regular fiat first. But as adoption rate grows, it will be more and more present in everyday's life.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:34:24 AM

if we want to travel far, better bitcoin that we have in exchange first become the state money we will travel. I hope the future bitcoin will issue bitcoin money that has a physical.

ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:39:17 AM

An interesting word to use but a dream world which might never become true. If you visit countries like newzealand yes you might have an option to pay using btc at a few places. But I dont think this is possible even in near future in some major country. Nice word cryptotourism.
twthmoses

Activity: 301
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:19:22 PM

Bitcoins is a too unstable currency to become a tourist currency. I mean the pizza shop or shoemaker can spend an endless amount of time adjusting prices to the vivid life of bitcoins.

Bitcoins is just not suited for small daily business across the globe – yet.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:18:30 PM

The stretch of usage of cryptocurrency is almost at ad infinitum and it's almost scary. It can offer new platforms way better than the traditional in a secure and traditional manner. Blockchain is the technology of crypto and there are so much more it can offer. From tourism to enginnering into sharing of services at commercial homes.
I think the term crypto tourism can be put also in how country can use the crypto tech or the blockchain tech and what services are in that country that are basing in blockchain and how people will admire this technology.
This is something that many people do not understand, bitcoin is not only a currency bitcoin is a lot more than that, and in the future I think people are going to find the way to exploit all the characteristics of bitcoin to the max, but right now I will be happy if people accepted bitcoin as currency all around the world.
btcdepo

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:28:53 PM

me and many of my friends has done it and I've seen many people on BCT that posted their experiences. things are getting even more cool.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:36:59 PM

I don't think many people travel only because they can spend directly in bitcoin Huh

But who knows about the future, if bitcoin price gets so high that most of us will be rich and will have no way to prove our money is legit. Spend directly with bitcoin may be useful, like a bitcoin fiscal paradise
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:44:16 PM

While it does certainly hamper the amount of options you have, it is definitely possible to spend your holiday using only bitcoin. Some countries are already starting to cozy up to the ever expanding significance of cryptocurrencies and their role in the world economy. If the flame of trust for bitcoin doesn't fade out for a long time then yes, cryptotourism or whatever is the correct term for it provided one does exist anyway is on the path of indeed, evolving into a bigger thing.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:41:40 PM

I don't think many people travel only because they can spend directly in bitcoin Huh

But who knows about the future, if bitcoin price gets so high that most of us will be rich and will have no way to prove our money is legit. Spend directly with bitcoin may be useful, like a bitcoin fiscal paradise
Not right now but it may happen, after all there are many kind of tourisms around the world, there is medical tourism, people from rich countries sometimes travel to poorer countries because at those countries health care is way cheaper so I will not be surprised if something like this happened to bitcoin.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:59:19 PM

It depends on the definition of cryptotourism. If it includes using third party services like Xapo or Bitpay, as well as exchanging Bitcoin on local exchanges or via other means, than it's not hard and close to traveling with only your credit card and no cash. However, if cryptotourism means only using on-chain transactions for all spendings, than your options will be very limited, you will have to plan your routes accordingly and many places will be out of your reach. Since cryptocurrencies haven't reached mass adoption, it may be too early this kind of cryptotourism can be very inconvenient and only attracting for cryptoenthusiasts who love some challenge.
glaciercapital

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:53:48 AM

It depends on the definition of cryptotourism. If it includes using third party services like Xapo or Bitpay, as well as exchanging Bitcoin on local exchanges or via other means, than it's not hard and close to traveling with only your credit card and no cash. However, if cryptotourism means only using on-chain transactions for all spendings, than your options will be very limited, you will have to plan your routes accordingly and many places will be out of your reach. Since cryptocurrencies haven't reached mass adoption, it may be too early this kind of cryptotourism can be very inconvenient and only attracting for cryptoenthusiasts who love some challenge.

In Australia a company called TravelbyBit helping the Brisbane airport begin accepting crypto to purchase flights. It will be very interesting to watch the impact of crypto on the tourism industry, will massively reduce currency friction

hatun

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:22:15 AM

Yeah. It is still in the stage of introduction. yet a long long way to go due to its popularity and future potential. Crypto  currency  is turning to be the fundamental mode of payment day by day. Considering technological advancement and tech savvy generation. undoubtedly crypto currency will not only evolve, but also boom.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: