Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't crypto going mainstream?  (Read 2080 times)
bobsav2121 (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:52:06 PM

Hey guys,

I don't get what's holding us back. Every time I talk about crypto with a family member or someone at work their eyes glaze over.

I feel like I'm the weirdo talking about klingon mating rituals!

Which makes me wonder - why are we still on the fringe? What could we do to take blockchain technology and make it accessible for everyone?

Anyway, that's my rant for today...

What do you think?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
burnedbyfees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:59:15 PM

Hey guys,

I don't get what's holding us back. Every time I talk about crypto with a family member or someone at work their eyes glaze over.

Which makes me wonder - why are we still on the fringe? What could we do to take blockchain technology and make it accessible for everyone?

What do you think?

It is, we're just still early adopters (even after nearly a decade).

When more mainstream companies accept cryptos as payment is when they'll really take off. Maybe you're pushing too hard, most people I talk about cryptos with come to me later and ask how to get started.

grapevin

Activity: 232

I collect coins and tokens. HODL!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:03:02 PM

it's complicated and confusing.
HUGE learning curve.
most people are stupid.

I am looking for a new bounty campaign!
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:03:57 PM

Because it's not easy to understand imo. It's hard to use when comparing it to cash or cc, it's more expensive.
As long as cash is more efficient, easier and safer to use, I think going mainstream will be hard.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:05:22 PM

It's still pretty hard to get in/out with/to fiat. When some project will realize method which will allow to make fast and convenient transaction between crypto and fiat then BINGO will happen Wink Moreover common people should be educated in informatics and cryptography (a little at least) to be involved to crypto.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tokencoin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:06:41 PM

Patience, it's getting there. As it grows it will become easier to use and more accessible. With this it will grow quicker. You're looking at a ball that's just started rolling.

Activity: 242

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:11:07 PM

the easiest way is to buy some cryptos for him or make him buy some, only if he was involved, can he learn more about cryptos, then he will believe in absolutely

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:34:08 PM

- it is still early and adoption takes time

- people are used to their own methods of payment and fiat so much that they don't want to change

- regarding bitcoin it is already happening but slowly. and one of the reasons is that many (like banks for instance) are against it so they do everything in their power to slow it down so they can live one more day

- regarding altcoins they do not plan on going mainstream the majority of them aim for becoming best profitable pump and dumps so they succeed at that. the rest will be trampled under feet of traders who don't care about anything other than more money

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:40:42 PM

Hey guys,

What do you think?

What I can say is that you are not the only one in this and there is really nothing much you can do to someone who is not ready to learn it will just be a  complete waste of time which is something I don't expect anybody to engage in. All I  do is just to talk about it with anyone who cares to listen and move on so that it will be on record that I did my parr in enlightening you but you choose to ignore my words of counsel.
Keihatsu

Activity: 224

crypto revolution

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:40:57 PM

no need for it, certainly in terms of currency, and not user-friendly.

faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.
jules-jules

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:49:35 PM

Lol, if you don't consider regular MSM reporting, including on CNN and BBC in addition to being featured on the front pages of business magazines such as Forbes and the Economist mainstream adoption, I don't know what is.
Crypto_Jay_99

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:55:27 PM

It's still too complicated for most older people.
More and more young people are getting on board.
Once they start having some practical experience they'll come around.

We're still in the early adopter phase. Initially nobody had a cell-phone either and those that did were looked at strangely...
PowerfulGuerilla

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:00:58 PM

In terms of global community, the demand in cryptocurrencies of any kind still is rather low.
When it becomes much more acceptable and recognizable by the wider audience, perhaps there is the possibility for cryptocurrency to go mainstream (even though I have some doubts about that  Wink).
VFabio

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 02:40:15 PM

I think the infrastructure is not set for mainstream adoption. User friendly interfaces are just the beginning of what we need to adopt crypto as an everyday asset/value/payment medium.

People need to understand blockchain as a revolutionising technology which is very likely to disrupt our established money system. That's also the most pregnant reason why the adoption is so “slow“. Rulers want to keep control and power over their established system. One difficulty I see is to not have a privatised framework, as we have it now.

The blockchain must remain free!
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:45:22 PM

Hey guys,

What do you think?

It's rather simple: People in the western world don't need an alternative to their fiat currencies in daily life. When would you need bitcoin as a member of a 1st world country in your daily endeavors? Pretty much never.

This is why BTC is being used as an alternative to gold, and most people aren't bright enough to see that empires come and go and most fiat currencies will fall.

In other words, we are early adopters, and 99% of people out there are ignorant about the economy, decentralized networks and so on.
oreits11

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:47:42 PM

offering service to public audience with the delivery of goods and exhibition as users of the following terms to gains with the notice on value as displacing unit of appropriation to refer extendance on challenge as gathering further with chance of valuation to improves value with the altcoin price.

shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:51:32 PM

if we explain how the crypto work is hard to grasp ,,
but if all transactions are already using bolckchain technology in every aspect of transaki it's probably easier to absorb our explanation ..
like the use of credit cards..

sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

In terms of global community, the demand in cryptocurrencies of any kind still is rather low.
When it becomes much more acceptable and recognizable by the wider audience, perhaps there is the possibility for cryptocurrency to go mainstream (even though I have some doubts about that  Wink).
The demand for cash will go from the third countries. Their economies are very low and therefore people are willing to look for any opportunity for additional income. In the leading countries the people have enough income to provide for their needs. Why would they look for something new?
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:57:04 PM

Just wait for the steve jobs of crypto to come and tell people how awesome it is. They will eventually fall in love with it just like they did with apple products. Perhaps you are not "selling" crypto the right way to your family and friends.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:08:23 PM

As far as I know, we are slowly going mainstream which will take time but what I know is people are scared of trying something new like the blockchain technology or people are still living under a rock with no knowledge of whats to come or maybe they do not know the benefits of the technology.

Rulers want to keep control and power over their established system. One difficulty I see is to not have a privatised framework, as we have it now.

The blockchain must remain free!
This is one valid reason, people do not want to lose control when bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are adopted as they will disrupt this monopolized framework
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: