Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't crypto going mainstream?  (Read 2080 times)
jshark

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:35:23 PM

Whats holding us back is its TOO FKING HARD TO BUY!! Roll Eyes

That's the most annoying part. I lose just under $0.02 USD per Canadian dollar transferred through my bank. Buying BTC from an ATM I pay a 7%+ fee, 4% through an exchange, sometimes even worse if buying online, and finding cash in person deals isn't always easy (or a fair price).
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:38:40 PM

ICO's are going mainstream, but cryptos themselves aren't needed much in the 1st world countries (yet) except for digital gold (bitcoin).

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:39:29 PM

First of all it was hard to exlpain older people what crypto is it. But now a lot of new in media about it, a lot of youtube bloggers talking about crypto. So it become easely to unerstand what is crypto now and the fact that you can earn on it. Crypto going mainstream because with each day its more and more money.

Perhaps the money making ideas have always attracted people to themselves. Everyone moves towards the system which gives money. People usually don’t understand. They don’t actually want to understand about the crypto currency. But the money factor has spread the thing rapidly.
jshark

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:44:47 PM

I think the infrastructure is not set for mainstream adoption. User friendly interfaces are just the beginning of what we need to adopt crypto as an everyday asset/value/payment medium.

People need to understand blockchain as a revolutionising technology which is very likely to disrupt our established money system. That's also the most pregnant reason why the adoption is so “slow“. Rulers want to keep control and power over their established system. One difficulty I see is to not have a privatised framework, as we have it now.

The blockchain must remain free!

What efforts of infrastructure are on the way you think? How about the impact of certain systems that will bring crypto front in center of users? Like enjincoin, utrust or openmoney? When the avg person starts seeing crypto options pop up in their face maybe we'll see a boom then.

I said this earlier, centra cards seem to be doing something that's needed but in no way will they be what brings crypto mainstream. Retailers accept fiat because it's easiest in every way. There needs to be a benefit for the retailer for them to start accepting it, then the public will need to see one or many benefits to using crypto over using their cash/debit/credit. We're a LONG way away.
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:05:44 PM

it will get there with steady footsteps. cryptocurrencies have established a greater presence in the payments industry i think even Microsoft has started using digital asset exchange.
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:10:02 PM

This is also true. Coinbase is making a killing and I'm surprise as to no competitor yet, for U.S resident.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:15:02 PM

I don't get what's holding us back. Every time I talk about crypto with a family member or someone at work their eyes glaze over.
Glaze over in a positive way or negative ? I'll take that as an compliment if I were you.Anyway,maybe you should not talk about cryptos with you family members then ? Why would you if they oppose the concept that much ?

Which makes me wonder - why are we still on the fringe? What could we do to take blockchain technology and make it accessible for everyone?
Let's not even go there,the conversation will be too philosophical.Bloack-chain can/cannot be a future ,there is no guarantee of the former.

What do you think?
You should stop worrying about the factors that don't really matter.
VeeTeaSee

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:19:31 PM

It is going mainstream, the world just need to get used to it.. it  will take 50 years or so...
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:19:45 PM

Hey guys,

I don't get what's holding us back. Every time I talk about crypto with a family member or someone at work their eyes glaze over.

I feel like I'm the weirdo talking about klingon mating rituals!

Which makes me wonder - why are we still on the fringe? What could we do to take blockchain technology and make it accessible for everyone?

Anyway, that's my rant for today...

What do you think?
Its not surprising actually because i do experience the same thing too. I do look a weirdo when i do speak about cryptos in front of them.I would say that you cant do anything about it since this technology isnt been heard by most people this is why they dont really have the awareness on what are the thing you are speaking in front of them.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
key_z

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:23:48 PM

Hey guys,

What do you think?

IMO it is going mainstream - this is just what that process looks/feels like.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
key_z

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:25:00 PM

This is also true. Coinbase is making a killing and I'm surprise as to no competitor yet, for U.S resident.

Kraken, no?

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:29:42 PM

Retailers accept fiat because it's easiest in every way. There needs to be a benefit for the retailer for them to start accepting it, then the public will need to see one or many benefits to using crypto over using their cash/debit/credit. We're a LONG way away.

Retailers won't use cryptos as long as we have this volatility like we have it today. Because every retailer has to pay his rent, insurances, employees, electricity, gas, food ... with fiat. If you want to sell something with the chance, that the amount of currency you got will halve its value tomorrow - will you sell it? You won't. Only if you could change the currency you got immediately to fiat. So cryptos will be only a vehicle for fiat, until it becomes stable. Do I see a chance to make cryptos stable? Only with regulation. But the idea of cryptos excludes regulation. Difficult situation, which is in need to become cleared. Until then: Some cases of use are demanding a specialized cryptocurrency. This cases keep the affiliated currency alive. The more usefull the case is, the better for the related coin. But usefull things come and go. And we should always remember: The whole cryptoworld is deeply addicted to technic. Let the internet crash, let the quantum computer rise - the cryptoworld you know today will be unrecognizable tomorrow...

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
e11io

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 09:38:36 PM

https://e11.io - we will help crypto go mainstream with projects like CryptoWars, a mobile strategic game on the blockchain, meant to be played by everyone - introducing crypto concepts to the world.
crazylikeafox

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:41:00 PM

Hey guys,

What do you think?

Its still being adapted and most do not heard about it but right now there are medias updated regarding bitcoin. It would probably take another year before more people will get to know about it.
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:43:08 PM

Kraken, no?

I heard about Kraken before but never look at them, also what I heard it's for Europe. I think people can't buy Bitcoin using bank account or credit card yet for U.S resident or perhaps I'm wrong as I never look at them.

monkeybars

Activity: 278

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:07:02 PM

Multiple reasons. First of all it takes time for any technology to become mainstream. 2nd: habits, they got used to use fiat. 3rd: people are cautions when it comes to money and payments.
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:10:52 PM

It is just a normal reaction of people to be skeptical with something that is new to them especially if it deals about money.  And eventhough bitcoins started for almost a decade now it is still something new.  Money or fiat that we are using today did not materialize in just a few years.  It has also endured a lot of years before it was accepted and that is what bitcoin undergoes too right now.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:28:25 PM

Hey guys,

What do you think?
We shouldnt do anything, the media is talking about cryptocurrencies more and more.
People are also getting involved in by friends or relatives Smiley 

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Wyre08

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:34:33 PM

I'm not in marketing but I've heard that one of the reasons Apple has done so well is that their advertisements aren't focused on product specs/technical terms or anything like that. Their products are shown to be the start of fun/excitement. Very similar to how a lot of beer commercials are these days.

Crypto's advertise their technical specs (because that's what's needed at this point). After they get past that point that's when they'll really take off.
hanskan

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:42:47 PM

it's complicated and confusing.
HUGE learning curve.
most people are stupid.

I have reached the same exact conclusion after trying to explain it to quite a few people.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: