Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:41:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash vs Monero vs Komodo  (Read 1676 times)
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:59:33 PM

Dash provides some features of anonymity, but in general they are opt-in. Even with "anonymous" transactions, only the sender/receiver can be masked, but the amounts are not completely masked, imho. Monero provides pretty anonymous transactions which have gotten better with it's recent introduction of Ring Confidential Transactions, which makes it so that all new transactions have hidden amounts, sender, and receiver. Komodo is a forked version of Zcash. And ZCash is arguably the most anynomous, as it has hidden amounts, sender, and receiver from the ground up, but comes with a bit more risk since it is essentially based on entirely new, and as yet unproven, crypto.
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

I think Komodo has a strong base of zcash and adding more missing pieces. But monero seems to be the one that gets chosen by the dark net. There must be a reason why its popular.
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:20:25 PM

I think Komodo has a strong base of zcash and adding more missing pieces. But monero seems to be the one that gets chosen by the dark net. There must be a reason why its popular.

Its because they are for different cases!
monero is for anonymous payments
komodo is a platform for decentralization and privacy

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:28:27 AM

I personally consider Monero to be the one with the best possible future potential. I am quite sure that the deep web platforms slowly making the switch from Bitcoin to Monero will show that even at current levels, it is still a decent investment. I am not at all a fan of the majority of the altcoins, but I like when coins solve problems, and Monero is definitely one that deserves to be on the top in that aspect.

I agree with this one. Even though the coins are in different system

My money is in Monero since deepweb is using monero most likely it will have a better future.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:30:47 AM

komodo

monero

dash

in that order

the possibilities with komodo are vastly more useful and contain the missing pieces of the crypto trustless end to end puzzle.

@jl777 and I had a lengthy discussion today about dICO and barterDEX.

But do note that Monero was not issued as an ICO.
lamden

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 01:42:49 AM

Monero is my favorite only because it's been 'battle worn.' People have tried to determine the amount of Monero in peoples' wallets without avail. What's interesting, though, is it's based on a pretty old technology called cryptonotes. It's what Bytecoin is made from, but you don't really equate the two. Check it: https://cryptonote.org/coins
Altcoinster

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:56:46 AM

Monero is just a nice coin and im shillin it like hell Cheesy I also bought some dash before a couple of months and I am not going to sell, maybe a little bit in the next time. I missed komodo, but thats okey, you cant catch em all Cheesy Cheesy  All coins have a great potential to show nice stuff in the next years!
MajorIncline

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 01:59:09 AM

DASH has the advantage of market penetration, it's already a Top 5 coin. Monero isn't doing too bad though.

As to privacy, that is double-edged sword in the long term. We can expect a lot of potentially illegal activity in the most private coins, so those are also most likely to be outlawed and kicked off major exchanges - meaning a price drop.

On the other hand, in the unlikely event that ALL cryptos are outlawed by major countries like the US and EU, then the most private coins are likely to survive better. Though in that case, the setback for all cryptos would be enormous, at least for a while.

Some people think that even a ban on cryptos won't work, similar to how pirating hasn't been stopped. But it would slow down mass adoption for sure, unless the whole fiat currency system breaks down and nobody cares if it's technically not legal to hold coins after a ban.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 02:01:26 AM

yeah, they are very different coins and we can not compare them, it is like comparing cars with planes, so it is ilogic.. anyway, monero is the best altcoins from them, it has been the most stable altcoin and it has been rising since a month ago, it went from $40 to $120 in a few days, so i can say that this one is my favourite altcoin from your list. Dash is so weird for me, i dont understand why a lot of people are trying to hype it, seriously.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
g4r1n1m

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:02:28 AM

Monero is just a nice coin and im shillin it like hell Cheesy I also bought some dash before a couple of months and I am not going to sell, maybe a little bit in the next time. I missed komodo, but thats okey, you cant catch em all Cheesy Cheesy  All coins have a great potential to show nice stuff in the next years!

why missed Komodo?
its only 2$ now..
the project did not launch even first dICO...agama wallet in beta..
the biggest investments will come later
it can go only up
nilscrypto

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 07:05:15 AM

Do you know "RingCT(NOT Ring signature)" and "Kovri I2P Router" of Monero?
If you learn them, you may change the recognition that "Zcash (and KOMODO) is superior to Monero in anonymity".
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:10:24 AM

yeah, they are very different coins and we can not compare them, it is like comparing cars with planes, so it is ilogic.. anyway, monero is the best altcoins from them, it has been the most stable altcoin and it has been rising since a month ago, it went from $40 to $120 in a few days, so i can say that this one is my favourite altcoin from your list. Dash is so weird for me, i dont understand why a lot of people are trying to hype it, seriously.

Monero really makes some cool movement and if you keep an eye from that particular project for sure you already gain a lot by now I'm also thinking to mine some monero after I reach the minimum requirement from NH I think  its much better holding some coins and wait again for another pumped.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:52:33 AM

Monero sems more promising but how come PIVX isn't on that list, isn't that also an "anonymous" coin?

Campaign Manager (2018)
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:08:14 AM

Sorry for my ignorance, I had never heard of Komodo as an anonymous coin until this comparison. But other than anonymity, can there be other ways to compare these sorts of altcoins? I seem to understand now that every coin says it is the best anonymous use. However, we need to wait and see. Bitcoin as we all know is already used by FBI and Interpol to track. Now I predict in 2018 or 2019, some people will be tracked with one of the "anon" coins. Dash already had a security flaw recently. But nothing major yet.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:10:25 AM

Monero has a cool name but the technology is flawed. You should add XSPEC to the list as it has better privacy features. Perhaps in the future after better marketing it will be up there as well.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:20:55 AM

Monero is best, I use it and I like it.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
patrickgt3

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

I think Monero is the best atm.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:41:55 AM

Lets here everyones opinion and thoughts.
Monero comes second in my priority list of altcoins, after bitcoin, I love the anonymity in the coin. I consider it to have a lot of characteristics that bitcoin has. I am an investor and at the same time mining it.

Dash and komodo are as well worth investing in, I love the stability of the value in the coins.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
nokati

Activity: 312
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 12:59:16 AM

biggest pro of monero is that you dont need to trust the dev not having a master key.  There is a reason that when people really want to actually use a crypto anonymously in a real world situation they choose monero.

Alerter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:24:42 AM

I like Dash, they have a nice voting system and budget distribution to develop and promote the coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: