Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Snowden: Zcash Is 'Most Interesting Bitcoin Alternative'  (Read 964 times)
StockBet.com (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:53:32 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/edward-snowden-zcash-is-most-interesting-bitcoin-alternative/

Surprised that Zcash's price hasn't spiked.

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:00:08 PM

You have heard the saying: Buy the rumor, Sell the news. Rumors of the Snowden tweet must have leaked out earlier yesterday when it spiked to just above $400, now that its officially news people are selling. Same thing happened back when the JP Morgan news broke.
StockBet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 04:09:31 PM

You have heard the saying: Buy the rumor, Sell the news. Rumors of the Snowden tweet must have leaked out earlier yesterday when it spiked to just above $400, now that its officially news people are selling. Same thing happened back when the JP Morgan news broke.

Good point.

But, they sold the news so much that it's back to where it was before the spike.

veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:13:42 PM

Edward Snowden is not exactly one of the influencial figures in cryptocurrency world
thats why the price was not influenced in any way,hell even Dimon's outbursts are
not affecting bitcoin price anymore,people understand that whoever makes the statememts
are the ones who have an axe to grind or direct interest in driving the price either way

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:01:34 PM

I see Edward Snowden being relevant few years ago, but after his exposé about the NSA's inner doings, I don't see his opinion having any weight most especially in cryptocurrencies. Cyber security issues, I might give him a shot, but this is way beyond his line in my opinion. But amazingly his positive remarks about Zcash caused some positive gains for a few while before it went back down again.

Raxitto

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:54:50 AM

After posting by the technologist Mason Borda that said "Zcash is the only altcoin (that I know) designed and built by professional and academic cryptographers. Hard to ignore, "Snowden replied that he agreed and completed that" Zcash's privacy technology makes it the most interesting alternative to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is great, but if it's not private, it's not safe. " With a gigantic community growing every day is a fact that Zcash will just have more supporters that will be expecting a revolutionary technology.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:06:36 AM

Your timing is off, but I think the logic is correct. The tweet was made well after the top was in, and the ZCASH price has already dumped significantly. I think the rumor/news event was Bithumb (South Korea's biggest exchange) adding ZCASH trading: https://z.cash/blog/zcash-on-bithumb.html

There were actually allegations of manipulation / insider trading floating around. Supposedly, a Bithumb employee revealed that the company planned to integrate the currency, and insiders accumulated positions before the pump.

StockBet.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

I see Edward Snowden being relevant few years ago, but after his exposé about the NSA's inner doings, I don't see his opinion having any weight most especially in cryptocurrencies. Cyber security issues, I might give him a shot, but this is way beyond his line in my opinion. But amazingly his positive remarks about Zcash caused some positive gains for a few while before it went back down again.

Good point.

It's amazing that people are listening to Paris Hilton's and Floyd Mayweather's recommendations on ICOs.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:25:02 PM

why should we care what someone who's probably completely out of the loop thinks? he's definitely a name. zcash was created in a ceremony that requires you to trust six people. that doesn't sound like the type of thing snowden should be endorsing or anything that resembles how crypto should truly work.
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 07:47:12 PM

Good point.

It's amazing that people are listening to Paris Hilton's and Floyd Mayweather's recommendations on ICOs.

The only good to come of that is in exposing crypto to a wider population, IMO.  ICOs can buy celebrity endorsements if they choose to waste money in that way.  Speaks to me regarding the competencies and funding priorities of those behind the ICOs.

why should we care what someone who's probably completely out of the loop thinks? he's definitely a name. zcash was created in a ceremony that requires you to trust six people. that doesn't sound like the type of thing snowden should be endorsing or anything that resembles how crypto should truly work.

He's entitled to his opinion, but yeah I found the ceremony a little unusual to be honest.  Theater.

He's entitled to his opinion, and we're entitled to disregard it.  I haven't researched zcash to form any opinion on it or its cryptographic attributes.  Not sure at all who the team is behind it, but I am cautious of "professional and academic cryptographers" without a code review and audit by multiple completely disinterested parties.  Those types are only employed by a limited number of organizations and/or dependent on grant funding from same organizations and there's clear evidence of some of those organizations planting back doors, RNG weaknesses, etc., into everything they can.

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:46:49 PM

Yeah it seems that the cryptocurrency world doesn't take Snowden word for anything, though it's good to invest in other cryptos, without a doubt people are very much focused on bitcoins at the moment and now that they value is rising again why would anyone bother about Zcash even Bitcoin Cash has sinked into oblivion.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:54:20 PM

Just because something is interesting does not mean that there is any value to it. I find guns interesting, but there's no value in saying that a, for example, HK416 is more interesting than an AR-15 or something along those lines. If I said that there is a significant difference where one or the other has a major advantage, as a big name in the field, then that has a lot more bearing than just saying that something is an "interesting alternative". That's the art of speaking in vague terms.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:54:08 AM

The operative word here is 'alternative'. Bitcoin is still king, and it will continue to be in the foreseeable future.

It also looks like Snowden made his statement under the context of privacy and security. He's a privacy advocate after all. If you want to be un traceable in the internet, it would probably do you good to listen to him. If you want to invest and earn cash, he's hardly an authority on the subject matter.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:21:15 AM

Snowden isn't exactly most influential person, he is consider hacker and whistle-blower in the US and a criminal, people have different opinions about him some think what he did was good but some think same as the US government. So his word doesn't mean much.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:45:23 AM

It has... But the thing is that ZCash founders are taking a cut from mining profits and there is a hard fork of ZCash called ZClassic that is currently operating which doesn't take the cut. ZCash founders essenitally get 2.1 mil ZCash for doing nothing.

Plus, ZCash's privacy is optional. It can operate just like bitcoin, and every transaction can be seen.

I think bitcoin is adequate if ZCash only has optional privacy anyways, as long as you use a bitcoin mixer and don't reuse bitcoin addresses there is very little chance you'll get traced.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:01:22 AM

Lol.  I'm even more surprised he prefers Zcash over Monero.  Well he prolly bought a lot of Zcash and has now started shilling it.  What's new...  All the people I come across in the space are all shills but they don't know they're shills yet.  Wink

- Stolen from CDR.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:06:52 AM

What do you expect, dude? That every time someone who has a name speaks about bitcoin, the value will automatically react big time, causing spikes? I will leave BTC for good if that is the case. I don't like it when some shit, however how powerful he or she is, criticizes bitcoin and people will expect that the value will be greatly affected.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PNNV.com..>..Live BTCitcoin Monitor.
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:16:14 AM

I saw the new zcash demo and a friend of mine interviewed the founder. This project is seriously promising, just letting you all know.
Andre_Goldman

Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:01:52 PM

I do have some Zcash fraction ...

mined after that crazy boot ceremony

https://youtu.be/D6dY-3x3teM?t=1m20s

Patent1number: ****-****
twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:57:55 PM

This is just kind of the way to shilling for zcash, But the recent update about the zstarks makes me interested with it. At least zcash should be considered as an alternative way to get the privacy. But monero still become the best anon coin.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████