Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:55:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coins with premine  (Read 489 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:49:27 PM

Generally I  see  here  people  say ''how  can you trust  that coin with  that ''premine''?

So  I  was  wondering  wgat does it mean  this   tought, this  sentence...  why pre-mine is   so iportant  when it  cames to choose one coin or another?

Maybe because with  the premine there  is  more coin's supply , so less  valuable becames the coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nuskill

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:55:55 PM

it usually means that the founders own all the premined coins and just wait for a right moment to get rich with it
CryptoMDS

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:00:09 PM

it usually means that the founders own all the premined coins and just wait for a right moment to get rich with it

Not necessarly. They might not premine all the suply and ICOS you see are premined to, they sell part of the suply and hold a part for them for development and marketing porposes.
xiaoyum

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:01:27 PM

As I know this means coins were first freely given to people and second they change the rule to give worth to coin. This basically means bottling water from waterfall later to sell it. Noone really trusts this kind of premined projects naturally.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:31:25 PM

Premined coins will sooner or later have a price manipulations of the devs/founders of the project if they start dumping their coins. There are also some projects which keep their premined coins for airdrops or bounties - thats no problem then.

Check coinmarketcap and cryptocompare to see which coins are premined.

cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:33:19 PM

Almost all of the new ICO projects are 100% premine. 
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:25:09 PM

Premined coins is no good. it is like fiat currency. they manipulate the supply and demand. i dont think it is good to invest on premined ICO unless it has a great project connections with outstanding developers just like ripple.

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:38:04 PM

Not necessarly. They might not premine all the suply and ICOS you see are premined to, they sell part of the suply and hold a part for them for development and marketing porposes.
But that was different, From the icos the developers already got the decent amount to run its business and develop the product and that was different with the pre mined token. If you are seeing the token gets pumped by the traders and if that was touching the high price and the dev will be dumped their token for the money to get rich. That even worst than ico.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:07:19 PM

Generally I  see  here  people  say ''how  can you trust  that coin with  that ''premine''?

So  I  was  wondering  wgat does it mean  this   tought, this  sentence...  why pre-mine is   so iportant  when it  cames to choose one coin or another?

Maybe because with  the premine there  is  more coin's supply , so less  valuable becames the coin?

Premine is important because those coins were get for free. People are always scared they will dump their coins for any price since they got them for free.  There is no need for that and many cryptocurencies proved that.

Almost all of the new ICO projects are 100% premine. 

Most ICOS are not coins but are just tokens.  they are a "share" of project. Ofcourse not really a share, since is no legal binding that project belong to those tokens Tongue  This is what China wants to fix.
What is sold in ICO you cant calla  premine. But what is held by ICO organizers you can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: