Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:57:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using LocalBitcoins.com  (Read 286 times)
Elite 888 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:49:30 PM

What are people's feelings on using LocalBitcoins.com to buy and sell in person?

I would love to heard feedback from people who have used it. If there is another thread, please point me to that. I tried doing a search, but all the hits were from 2012  Roll Eyes

john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:00:48 AM

I think it would be nice to buy bitcoins in localbitcoins if you find someone there near to your place because you can meet them and buy bitcoins.. 
But i don't really know if its really safe because there are someone say they never get a bitcoin before its really safe and trusted . but now its not too active..
You can try to directly buy bitcoins in cex.io with credit card or buy bitcoins in kraken. .
p3rplexamous

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:09:08 AM

What are people's feelings on using LocalBitcoins.com to buy and sell in person?

I would love to heard feedback from people who have used it. If there is another thread, please point me to that. I tried doing a search, but all the hits were from 2012  Roll Eyes

Give the Local Bitcoin subreddit a look https://www.reddit.com/r/localbitcoins/

As for my personal thoughts on it, I prefer to use Bitcoin ATMs for the ease of use, and although depending on the machine, you could be paying 6-12% in fees, because they are quick, safe and easy, they are my preferred route, but to each their own.  You can check out local ATMS in your area from https://coinatmradar.com/.
Elite 888 (OP)

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 12:25:45 AM

Give the Local Bitcoin subreddit a look https://www.reddit.com/r/localbitcoins/

Thanks! Man that subreddit doesn't give me much confidence. I guess I'll just stick with online transactions for now.
glockn

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:32:47 AM

I looked into it and feel more comfortable buying from coinbase at the moment(and it's easier for me). I wish they just had a flat commission instead of % but oh well. I buy some when it's lower and it's not bad.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3848

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:55:53 AM

I honestly would only use it if I we're to have a transaction in person, and also if I'm planning on paying/receiving the payment in cash. That way my bank account wouldn't be involved. It just like simply buying a tangible item from a person in your city; you send the btc, then the buyer gives you the cash.

There might be scammers on localbitcoins, for sure. You just have to choose the right users to buy/sell on. You can view their reputation there and also how long they usually respond to offers.

Also, I don't suggest receiving PayPal funds from localbitcoins users that aren't really that trusted, as they can easily do a charge back.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 05:56:14 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 06:56:00 AM by illusioNiZt

Its pretty safe if you do deals on site but if you just contact the seller directly via his contact details or in person even if he has really good trust rating you are taking the chances here, I had done this mistake and had a bad experience if you are doing trades on site there is very less risk I have not done huge amount of trades just a bunch of them and no issues till now.

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:44:28 AM

Be careful trading in person mate.

I'd personally stick with online forms of payment if i were you. Unless you were dealing with a person that you fully trust and has thousands of trust feedbacks there is always a risk that you're going to get counterfeit notes, or even get robbed.

This has happened, i'm not making stuff up. The chances are quite low, yes. But why do this when you can get the same rates with online payments?

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:06:50 AM

There were a lot of articles being written about the perils of trading in person with someone on localbitcoins.

Personally i have traded with a few people in person, never had any issues. The thing is, if you are buying locally make sure you meet up in a place that is public and has lots of surveillance cameras. Cafes and banks are probably the better options.

If you are buying bitcoin with bank transfer or cash deposit, then absolutely go for it. There are very little risks, probably less than buying on an exchange even since your funds are held safely via escrow at all times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: