Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASRock H110 dont work need help!  (Read 1246 times)
rubine2323 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:29:16 AM

Hello,

ive started today my first mining rig.

My Setup:

1x MB ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ 1151 ATX DVI DDR4 retail
1x DDR4 16GB PC 2400 CL15 G.Skill (1x16GB) 16GIS Aegis 4
1x Plus 120GB
1x Intel Pentium G4400 3300 1151 BOX*
2x Server PSU 2400 Watt
8x Vega 64

When i start the rig only fans are spinning(CPU, Graficcard) and graficcard led "Radeon" is on but no signal on my monitor.
I connected for first start:

1x 16 GB RAM DDR4 2400 mhs
2x Molex 4pin
1x 24 pin atx
1x SATA 15pin
1x 4pin CPU power (on a 8 pin slot)
1x Vega 64

Monitor is working tested on my Laptop.
Graficard fan is working and leds.
Graficcard connected both 2x 8 pin power
I tested also another graficcard same happens.
I tested diffrent risers also no signal.
Risers are powered and usb correct connected.
Ram tested on first slot and on second slot

Anyone could help me?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:56:26 AM

Try putting only one graphics card directly in the x16 slot and see if it boots.
rubine2323 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:01:48 AM

Try putting only one graphics card directly in the x16 slot and see if it boots.

Right now not at my mining place. Ill try it tomorrow/today.
I readed now threw other forums and now i maybe have 2 solutions.

1)   CPU Fan is connected to the chassisfan connector
(Does the ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ not start if no CPU fan is connected?)

2)   I only have a 4 pin connector for the 8 pin slot.
Maybe is it possible that ive connected the 4 pin connecter on slot 5-8 and not to 1-4

Does the ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ not start if no CPU fan is connected?
Vann

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:06:34 AM

Maybe is it possible that ive connected the 4 pin connecter on slot 5-8 and not to 1-4

Does the ASRock

H110 Pro BTC+ not start if no CPU fan is connected?

Why would you connect it to the chasis fan? You need to connect the CPU fan to the CPU fan connector on the motherboard. You also need to connect the 8-pin CPU power connector from the PSU to the CPU power connector on the motherboard.
rubine2323 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:11:46 AM

Does the ASRock

Why would you connect it to the chasis fan? You need to connnect the CPU fan to the CPU fan connector. You also need to connect the 8-pin CPU power connector from the PSU to the CPU power connector on the motherboard.

Sure. Well i was tired. I know now i put the cpu fan to the chassis fan connector. Is it possible that this is the reason why i get no signal?
The 8 pin CPU power connector is also possible to power it with a 4 pin power connector, its written like that in the user manual.
Vann

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:19:50 AM

Does the ASRock

Why would you connect it to the chasis fan? You need to connnect the CPU fan to the CPU fan connector. You also need to connect the 8-pin CPU power connector from the PSU to the CPU power connector on the motherboard.

Sure. Well i was tired. I know now i put the cpu fan to the chassis fan connector. Is it possible that this is the reason why i get no signal?
The 8 pin CPU power connector is also possible to power it with a 4 pin power connector, its written like that in the user manual.

More than likley. If the motherboard can detect the CPU fan speed, it won't boot to prevent damage from overheating to the CPU. I don't know you could connect it to the chasis fan since it's on the other side of the motherboard and the CPU fan cable won't reach that far.
rubine2323 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:30:42 AM

Does the ASRock

More than likley. If the motherboard can detect the CPU fan speed, it won't boot to prevent damage from overheating to the CPU. I don't know you could connect it to the chasis fan since it's on the other side of the motherboard and the CPU fan cable won't reach that far.

Ok good to hear. Unfortunately the chassis fan connector is really close to the cpu fan connector  only on the other site of the cpu.
If you look at that image.

https://imgur.com/a/P7A4b
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:49:29 AM

Hi,

Had exactly the same problem with my AsRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 board. Tried many different things, but no POST (only GPU fan working, no display).
What You could try:

Easily doable
*Take out Your CMOS battery
*Clean CMOS with onboard jumper
*Tri to boot with only one RAM in slot
*Only have CPU (and CPU cooler connected to the right place!), RAM (ONLY 1 stick), 24 PSU connector and 4(or 8 pin) CPU power connected. Use the onboard VGA output for Your monitor.

(Steps not in certain order, just some things You should try)

Still no POST?

*Try to switch Your CPU
*Try to switch Your RAM between different slots (1 by 1)
*Test Your CPU on another board

I tried all of those steps with my board and none of them worked. In my case, the MOBO was just a bad one and the more I tried to solve this problem, the more I saw how many people had exactly the same problem with the same board. The truth is that AsRock makes some nice boards but sadly it seems that a lot of them come out of the box as brand new but not working.

I used provided warranty to send my MOBO back to AsRock for repairs/brand new board. Right now I use second H81 and everything works as it should (Plug in and mine away!).

Hope everything works out for You, keep us posted! Smiley

rubine2323 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:07:52 PM

Thanks for reply.
Ive tested now other DDR4 Ram 2x 4 GB dosnt work

Now only CPU and MB left. I would say the asrock h110 is not working.

Could anyone check if my components fits together (scroll up) CPU, Ram, MB.

Ill change the MB on Monday.
smoolae

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:53:16 PM

Thanks for reply.

Are You using a PICO adapter to connect Your server PSU to motherboard (maybe bad PICO)? https://www.amazon.com/Insten-24-pin-Power-Supply-Tester/dp/B005CTCD6S these can come really handy in situations like that.
And how are Your 2 separate server PSUs connected together (are You using both of them?), both plugged into an extension cord or do You have some other trick for simultaneous power-on?
But if still no POST, then MB is probably bad (I tried to get mine working for almost 3 weeks, really stupid decision Sad. Should have just got another one and continued to mine).

mini miner

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:50:52 PM

Hello,

My Setup:

1x Plus 120GB
2x Server PSU 2400 Watt
8x Vega 64

When i start the rig only fans are spinning(CPU, Graficcard) and graficcard led "Radeon" is on but no signal on my monitor.

2x Molex 4pin
1x 24 pin atx
1x SATA 15pin
1x Vega 64

Anyone could help me?

Use DDR4 2133Mhz RAM.. I guess it will work.
smoolae

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:06:27 PM

Hello,

My Setup:

1x Plus 120GB
2x Server PSU 2400 Watt
8x Vega 64

2x Molex 4pin
1x 24 pin atx
1x SATA 15pin
1x Vega 64

Anyone could help me?

Mini miner could be right, thoght I have heard that MOBO in that case just clocks down Your RAM frequency to suitable one.

On paper Your CPU supported memory types are:
DDR4-1866/2133, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V
If You have any RAM sticks with mentioned frequencies, You can give them a try.

Worth taking a look:
https://ark.intel.com/products/88179/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G4400-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz

rubine2323 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:08:06 PM

Thanks for reply.

Are You using a PICO adapter to connect Your server PSU to motherboard (maybe bad PICO)? https://www.amazon.com/Insten-24-pin-Power-Supply-Tester/dp/B005CTCD6S these can come really handy in situations like that.
And how are Your 2 separate server PSUs connected together (are You using both of them?), both plugged into an extension cord or do You have some other trick for simultaneous power-on?
But if still no POST, then MB is probably bad (I tried to get mine working for almost 3 weeks, really stupid decision Sad. Should have just got another one and continued to mine).

Thank you for your reply i already ordered your recommended device for my country. Thank you.

Ive a pico adapter but ive two psu and two pico adapter. For first start i connected 1 psu direct to the mb and only one grafic.
I tested both pico adapters for 1 PSU i thought the same maybe the pico wont work.
I tested my ram not working. I tested 2x 4GB 2133 mhs also not working. Ive a 2x 24 pin to 1 24pin adapter for connecting both psu(But for first start i didnt used it).
Everything tested on other devices.

Ive also tested to start only with on board grafic also dont work.
Ive tested diffrent risers and also direct connect to the mb also not working.

Still untested MB and CPU.

But i guess MB is gone.
smoolae

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:22:00 PM

Thanks for reply.

Thank you for your reply i already ordered your recommended device for my country. Thank you.

Ive a pico adapter but ive two psu and two pico adapter. For first start i connected 1 psu direct to the mb and only one grafic.
I tested both pico adapters for 1 PSU i thought the same maybe the pico wont work.
I tested my ram not working. I tested 2x 4GB 2133 mhs also not working. Ive a 2x 24 pin to 1 24pin adapter for connecting both psu(But for first start i didnt used it).
Everything tested on other devices.

Ive also tested to start only with on board grafic also dont work.
Ive tested diffrent risers and also direct connect to the mb also not working.

Still untested MB and CPU.

But i guess MB is gone.

Saddly does seem so Sad. You really have done some serious troubleshooting what should have had revealed the problem. After all that You can pretty much say with confidence that it is the hardware that is failing at the moment.

mini miner

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:59:22 AM

Hello,

My Setup:

1x Plus 120GB
2x Server PSU 2400 Watt
8x Vega 64

2x Molex 4pin
1x 24 pin atx
1x SATA 15pin
1x Vega 64

Anyone could help me?

Mini miner could be right, thoght I have heard that MOBO in that case just clocks down Your RAM frequency to suitable one.

On paper Your CPU supported memory types are:
DDR4-1866/2133, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V
If You have any RAM sticks with mentioned frequencies, You can give them a try.

Worth taking a look:
https://ark.intel.com/products/88179/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G4400-3M-Cache-3_30-GHz

thanks. I read this processor specs before i bought this cpu (same MB and processor ).it works
rubine2323 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:03:14 PM

I bought again a new MB. Now its working Smiley
Alba

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:24:17 PM

Guys I'm having a similar issue - I have a hunch it's the risers not getting any power..

Asrock H110 MB have all the wiring and setup done on it and both molex connectors for PCIE on MB connected - When I connect an EVGA 1080ti FTW3 to the PCIE16 directly on the MB it works fine and is detected on windows and I am able to update drivers etc and have done so.

As soon as I connected it to a riser on the first black PCIE slot closest to CPU it won't detect it at all. Tried switching risers, tried switching GPUs (Have 16), tried using different type of riser, tried a riser that is working for existing miner, tried direct molex cable from EVGA 1600W P2 PSU to riser, tried SATA to molex.. I have no idea what else to do - haven't updated any bios or changed any settings on MB - Fresh new parts and windows install 10 pro.

Can someone kindly help please? I am using exact same parts from previous miner and have only bought an extra 1600W EVGA psu to support MB and 2 GPU and use 2x Corsair 1000W to support the final 6 GPUs

Any advice?  Huh

Regards
smoolae

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:41:44 PM

Guys I'm having a similar issue - I have a hunch it's the risers not getting any power..

Asrock H110 MB have all the wiring and setup done on it and both molex connectors for PCIE on MB connected - When I connect an EVGA 1080ti FTW3 to the PCIE16 directly on the MB it works fine and is detected on windows and I am able to update drivers etc and have done so.

As soon as I connected it to a riser on the first black PCIE slot closest to CPU it won't detect it at all. Tried switching risers, tried switching GPUs (Have 16), tried using different type of riser, tried a riser that is working for existing miner, tried direct molex cable from EVGA 1600W P2 PSU to riser, tried SATA to molex.. I have no idea what else to do - haven't updated any bios or changed any settings on MB - Fresh new parts and windows install 10 pro.

Can someone kindly help please? I am using exact same parts from previous miner and have only bought an extra 1600W EVGA psu to support MB and 2 GPU and use 2x Corsair 1000W to support the final 6 GPUs

Any advice?  Huh

Regards

You could setting PCIE to GEN 1 or GEN 2 in BIOS.

Alba

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:48:52 PM

You could setting PCIE to GEN 1 or GEN 2 in BIOS.

Tried, didn't work..
Ventureum

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:26:57 PM

You may try to load default BIOS settings and keep minimal components connected to power. Then gradually adding more components to see which one is faulty.

Ventureum – Milestone-Driven Community-Governed Crowdfunding Protocol  |   Twitter  |   Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: