Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:43:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is visa holders residing in usa participate in ico's?  (Read 242 times)
hadoop (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:54:42 AM

i see some note like below....so visa holders who residing usa cannot able to participate in icos right?

Check here to confirm that you are not a U.S. citizen, resident or entity (a “U.S. Person”)
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:46:43 AM

i see some note like below....so visa holders who residing usa cannot able to participate in icos right?

Check here to confirm that you are not a U.S. citizen, resident or entity (a “U.S. Person”)
That's right because that answers the awareness that has given by SEC to the crypto users especially those are from US. But this time a lot of the project are tried to used the kyc verification as the mandatory for every participant.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:10:54 AM

That's right because that answers the awareness that has given by SEC to the crypto users especially those are from US. But this time a lot of the project are tried to used the kyc verification as the mandatory for every participant.
I just know this, so everyone who lives in usa can not participate in ico?
Are all the project sites that are holding ico blocked in usa?
thegreatestpleb

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:19:13 AM

If I'm interpreting right, it's not all ICO's, just certain ones.  How to determine which ones do and don't I'm not entirely sure though. 
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 10:24:21 AM

Yes that is true residences and citizens of usa cannot participate in ICOs but I think if they participate in some ICOs what will happen? Usa laws are very strict indeed.
Quontoloue

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:38:54 AM

SEC is diclare and announcement not alowed ico project, or buy ico selling
but dev not want risk US people participate in ico selling, but if us people want invest in ico project i think is not problem, because crypto curency anonymous, can't trace profile user
redboss

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

GeoPin: Blockchain-based interface to the physical

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 09:06:56 AM

You can still participate in projects that allow U.S investors (they will require KYC and some required to verify yourself as accredited investors like Filecoin and ICON)

renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:56:03 AM

They will be able to participate in any ico soon because we probably can't see any unregulated ico in 2018, it is good for market but not good for privacy.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:01:29 AM

The only set of people which the law or regulations of a particular country is not binding on are inky those that enjoys diplomatic immunity by virtue of treaties signed by both countries aside that, you are bound by it no matter the status of your citizenship even if you are on visitation, for that period of time, you could be convicted if found guilty of any contraction of the law.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: