Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:16:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Wallet takes 98% RAM resource  (Read 180 times)
easytipz (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:36:58 AM

Hello,
I am new at Cryptocurrency, I have just installed Ethereum Wallet in my personal computer and run it..
But it seems to burn 98% of my computer's RAM resource (my PC has about 3GB RAM, geth.exe uses 2.3GB RAM). It causes my computer very slow/hangup.
Could you give me some advice?
Thank you so much!

Image:
lamden

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 03:01:42 AM

Yup. Ethereum Wallet uses a tool called Electron to essentially wrap a website into a desktop app. It's actually a notorious meme in the developer community for hogging RAM. You're better off using MyEtherWallet in a web browser. Just make sure you use the right site because phishers really like trying to steal your ETH by creating a fake MEW clone online.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:23:09 AM

Yup. Ethereum Wallet uses a tool called Electron to essentially wrap a website into a desktop app. It's actually a notorious meme in the developer community for hogging RAM. You're better off using MyEtherWallet in a web browser. Just make sure you use the right site because phishers really like trying to steal your ETH by creating a fake MEW clone online.
I think you'd better use myetherwallet.com becareful with phising site, use only the correct spelling myetherwallet.com. I lost hundreds of dollar value because of phising site. Don't forget to keep PV key and when you log in you'd better use Json File. It is much more secure because you use pasword instead login with PV key.
easytipz (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

Thank you very much for your advice, I will re-consider using my own wallet app or 3rd wallet (MyEtherWallet or CoinBase)
tukangkopi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:11:35 AM

Thank you very much for your advice, I will re-consider using my own wallet app or 3rd wallet (MyEtherWallet or CoinBase)
just use MyEtherwallet because it's the most reliable wallet and widely used by people, but always keep your json wallet extension files in a safe place if you need backup in cloud storage.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:29:02 AM

Wow I didn't know that original ethereum wallet is actually just bad software. Yes listen other people and use myetherwallet. It is safe wallet website. I never had probs with mew.
yura_878

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:34:30 AM

Well, in this case, you need a new technique, or use ordinary wallets - myetherwallet.com

Beicin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:36:58 AM

+1 for MyEtherWallet - really good user interface, intuitive tabs, has a desktop and a browser version to suit all the users needs. I'd definitely check it out if i were you! Just be careful of phishing sites, there are plenty out there trying to copy MEW and steal your funds

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:39:52 AM

Hello,
I am new at Cryptocurrency, I have just installed Ethereum Wallet in my personal computer and run it..
But it seems to burn 98% of my computer's RAM resource (my PC has about 3GB RAM, geth.exe uses 2.3GB RAM). It causes my computer very slow/hangup.
Could you give me some advice?
Thank you so much!

Image:
You should provide us with more details like,
 - What kernal you're using - Seems very old from the picture above.
 - Did you install the correct build that x64 x32 ?
 - Also 3 GB ram in 2017 is kind outdated you better move to a bigger one.

Try cleaning up your cache/unused partitions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: