Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:22:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help banning/spamming a scammers thread  (Read 377 times)
ilfz01 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:35:51 AM

So there is this scammer that claim to sell digital goods on this forum which he scams people. He has scammed so many on this forum including myself. I am tired of it and I have been constantly posting scam alerts on his threads. However, this lowlife, uses a self moderated thread, and constantly deletes all the comments from the people that were scammed. I managed to block one of his account and thread, but now he moved on to another. Let me know what you can do for me so we can ban this scammer so people don't lose anymore money. I am willing to pay for like a auto posting script that once he deleted my message that it re-posts it automatically. You can find his fake thread here and he goes by name name of "Jacc" for this one for now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2202092.0

This lowlife piece of sh*t needs to go and we need to save other members from getting scammed, or at least try to.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:44:04 AM

So there is this scammer that claim to sell digital goods on this forum which he scams people. He has scammed so many on this forum including myself. I am tired of it and I have been constantly posting scam alerts on his threads. However, this lowlife, uses a self moderated thread, and constantly deletes all the comments from the people that were scammed. I managed to block one of his account and thread, but now he moved on to another. Let me know what you can do for me so we can ban this scammer so people don't lose anymore money. I am willing to pay for like a auto posting script that once he deleted my message that it re-posts it automatically. You can find his fake thread here and he goes by name name of "Jacc" for this one for now.

This lowlife piece of sh*t needs to go and we need to save other members from getting scammed, or at least try to.
- Scamming is not against bitcointalk's rules.You are free to do whatever you want  *decentralised approach*
 - The said account is already tagged by the DT members and that's the best forum members can probably do.
 - Even if after seeing those negs and negative feedback people choose to trade with him ,then it's not really out fault.Such idiots deserved to get scammed to know what risks they're taking while dealing with negative tagged members by the DT.
Here4Trades

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:45:02 AM

Sadly scams ain't moderated here, if this user scammed your or any other member tell them to create a proper scam acussation at the correct subforum, I think a month ago I created similar thread in meta section but theres nothing more than report them and DT users follow to tag accounts as scammer, uneducated /noobs  are the ones who fall most of times in this kind of scammers tricks.
ilfz01 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:48:25 AM

Thanks for your input. However, I know what's right and I won't allow this lowlife to take other members money. Will post every single minute if I need to on that thread.
Here4Trades

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:00:42 AM

Thanks for your input. However, I know what's right and I won't allow this lowlife to take other members money. Will post every single minute if I need to on that thread.

Belive, sometimes people don't even read the thread pages and only see OP, if you post you will bump their thread to the top, is not as smart as you thought I think, I feel your angry I have been scammed out on a loan once and hope it never happen again people should educate themselves before doing online trades, reading is tech, since it looks you are very new around I suggest you to read all the stickies before posting on a subforum.
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 07:11:31 AM

If you have proofs against the user you can make a thread here, many users have neg rated him for same reason I doubt any user will use his service if they look at his trust rating.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:26:48 AM

If you have proofs against the user you can make a thread here, many users have neg rated him for same reason I doubt any user will use his service if they look at his trust rating.
He doesn't need to provide any additional proofs since according to my trust settings the account is already tagged meaning someone would have already provided sufficient proofs to have the user tagged.Newbies don't really know about the trust ratings and they're the one's who fall victim to such petty scams.
ilfz01 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:33:12 PM

Will find a way. Managed to ban his previous thread, will get it done on this one, no worries.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:09:01 AM

I believe this scammer can't be trace. He can still create another account just to sell to foolish people that don't know that they are trusted.

This is why newbies should read first the welcome threads before buying goods here at the forum because they are not avoidable for people that are too lousy to read.

ilfz01 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:08:13 PM

I believe this scammer can't be trace. He can still create another account just to sell to foolish people that don't know that they are trusted.

This is why newbies should read first the welcome threads before buying goods here at the forum because they are not avoidable for people that are too lousy to read.

I agree. However, constant posting on this users thread (that he keeps deleting since it is a self moderated thread), helps out a bit on some users that it is a scam. Some read it and just see constant bumps from the user saying "stored updated" thinking its legit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: