Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:08:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has the most coin addresses? and how do you keep track of them :)  (Read 224 times)
azzza (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:52:38 AM

I have about 12 different ones so far Smiley
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 11:11:07 AM

Well businesses that accept bitcoins as a method for payment and exchanges to which you deposit bitcoins usually create one-time use addresses so they end up having so many.

A lot of them become empty and unused but who cares ? They're free to create.
Look at the exchange Bittrex for example.

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Bittrex.com/addresses

They have 799k addresses in that wallet only ! Mind that there's other wallets for sure.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:50:29 AM

if you mean addresses belonging to one coin and in one wallet then usually the coins i have seen are deterministic meaning you only keep a master key so you can recover all of them with that.

if you mean multiple coins each having addresses then again you just have to keep those keys. or the wallet itself holds it and back up that wallet. but most people keep their altcoins on exchanges anyways so they just hold an account (user name and password!).

besides you don't really need to keep track of them. you should always only have 1 address and not reuse them. specially with altcoins which you just hold until you sell there is no need for multiple ones.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:14:37 PM

Your wallet keeps track of your addresses! You don't have to worry about that as long as you have your recovery seed and you don't import additional wallets into your current one.

If you talk about different coins, then there are people that hoard everything and have hundreds of altcoin wallets. Be careful of malware though!
azzza (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:27:50 PM

OK, so I must be doing something dumb Sad

I have different wallets for most coins one for BTC, myetherwallet, many client generated wallets eg, verge and Sia, Decred wallet to name a few.

Is there a way to simplify this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: