Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Based Technical Analysis/Automated Trading Service  (Read 3141 times)
Chaoskampf (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

order in numbers

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:09:06 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 04:28:07 AM by Chaoskampf

I am not trying to bash TA at all, I am writing a TA bot myself to. But I just think you should be careful when you say:

TA is entirely self-consistent and mathematically pure. In this sense, it works 100% of the time.

The math is just an abstract model of an idea about how a market behaves. The idea may be pure but the market is not and unexpected things can happen that are not in the idea. Also market conditions change over time.

I do like TA and I use it myself, but you should never see it as a money making machine or something that will 'work 100% of the time' imo. It's just gambling backed by statistical data of the past, there is always risk.

I suppose I agree. I still stand by my comment that you quoted. Just because something is abstract doesn't diminish its power as a tool. There's obviously going to be risk involved with any trading. That's the nature of the game. I guess I should be careful about advertising my confidence in my service. I don't mean to imply that it'll take all the risk out of trading, and simply act as a Bitcoin faucet to whoever uses it. That's not the case. There will still be pointy objects that you can still poke yourself with. It will however provide a larger audience with access to more advanced analytical tools for making potentially smarter trades.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whydifficult

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 08:23:20 AM

I totally agree with you, also the fact that bots does not have emotions is a big advantage. It's just about the advertising for people who don't know a lot about trading.

I will be waiting for your bot and I am curious about the features Smiley

Gekko a nodejs bitcoin trading bot!
Realtime Bitcoin Globe - visualizing all transactions and blocks
Tip jar (BTC): 1KyQdQ9ctjCrGjGRCWSBhPKcj5omy4gv5S
barfor

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:09:29 AM

Sounds cool so far, especially auto-trading. I think your idea about a 5-7% fee structure of any gains is the best payment model since it proves your belief in your own algorithm/product. Making the charting free for others will eventually generate plenty of more and more "paying" customers. The 1m, 5m, 10m views would be most helpful to see the latest history trend of orders.
leet1

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:41:56 PM

stopping by to show some <3 , keep up the hard work bro and cant wait to use the site...hehe my settings FTW I already know :p
Chaoskampf (OP)

order in numbers

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:22:42 PM

stopping by to show some <3 , keep up the hard work bro and cant wait to use the site...hehe my settings FTW I already know :p

You'll be one of the first to try out alpha testing. Thanks for the continued support and motivation!
Simonsays

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

Been watching this thread progress and am certainly very excited to see this come to fruition.   If you are looking for guinea pigs *ahem* testers - more than happy to help and provide input/feedback.  PM me if needed.

I do also like the pay per %profit structure - shows faith from you the developer and for the customer it mitigates the upfront cost of "spending money to make money".

Pt0x

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:52:13 AM

Keep it up!, your proyect looks really good!

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw
3Dfilament

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 10:04:47 AM

I would also like to be considered for Alpha or Beta testing and would participate in discussion, provide screenshot feedback and perhaps make a screencast-o-matic or two as I have a subscription and I am familiar with making desktop tutorial in SOM.
Chaoskampf (OP)

order in numbers

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:18:00 PM

Anyone who wants to be contacted for alpha testing should PM me their contact info. I want to keep the initial testing relatively small, so probably no more than 30 users at first. For beta testing I'll expand it up to 100 users (if there's even enough interest in the first place).

I'm sorry if this is a let down, but I probably won't be able to offer initial user testing for another 2 months. While the bots are fully functional and capable of all the features I outlined, integrating them as web applications is going to be quite an ordeal (despite working on this every day). When I was developing them originally, I had no plans on giving them to anyone, let alone putting them up as web applications. I'm finding myself having to re-code a significant amount of it in order for it to function properly as a web service. I have quite a lot on my plate for the next 5-8 months. I'm finishing undergrad (hopefully my age doesn't diminish my credibility) and applying for PhD programs so that's going to be taking a serious amount of mental energy in and of itself. I can't afford to be sloppy with this project. It needs to be absolutely bulletproof before I set it out into the world.

Thank you for all the support so far. Without the community I would never go through with this. I would just keep my bots to myself and sit on my stash. I'm doing this because Bitcoin has changed my life and I want to give something back to this community. Please continue to provide suggestions. I really appreciate any feedback possible. I'll keep updates coming as promptly as I can.

Also, follow on twitter for updates: @Chaoskampf0
Chaoskampf (OP)

order in numbers

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 07:46:39 PM

From now on, for convenient reference's sake, I'm going to call the proxy trading platform the "ChaosEngine". Please feel free to recommend better names. I'm not that great with naming things. My first and only dog was named "Spot" lol.
Loozik

Activity: 378

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:16:12 PM

Could you please post some screenshot of your website?
Loozik

Activity: 378

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 01:03:32 AM

If there's enough push for shorter timeframe scaling, I'll add 1 and 10 minute frames as well.

This website https://www.tradingview.com/ just launched real-time Bitcoin analysis https://www.tradingview.com/e/?symbol=MTGOX:BTCUSD# based on MtGox data. As you can see from attached picture users can create custom timeframes like 8 minutes, 9 minutes, etc. It is possible to create renko bars and other non-time resolutions.

It is possible to add drawings, indicators, calculate risk/reward ratios, it is possible to overlay BTCUSD with EURUSD for cross-currency analysis.

Maybe you'll find this website inspirational for your undertaking.

Chaoskampf (OP)

order in numbers

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:05:47 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2013, 07:03:53 PM by Chaoskampf

Could you please post some screenshot of your website?

You're not going to be happy about this....but...

There was never any website (yet). All I had were the standalone bots. If you had asked me only 5 or 4 days ago I would have happily posted some screenshots of those (I really should have in the original post...I feel so stupid for not doing so). This thread was really only meant for suggestions. I was going to go into much more detail about functionality and user interface in another thread when I was closer to launching. I've essentially torn apart all of my bots and, as of 3 days ago, there's basically no GUI to show, only the data structures that I can print through the terminal. If you want to see screenshots of terminal spitting out numbers...I guess I could do that.

I've been hard at work essentially rebuilding from the ground up in order to orient them for web service capabilities/security/speed. I'm looking for a nice GUI package for the website, seeing as my desktop bots were really industrial looking/not very web 2.0 oriented. The tradingview interface looks incredibly user friendly. I need to look into whatever library they're using. Thanks for the heads up man. Sorry I'm letting you down on the screenshots though.
Serjster

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:05:31 AM

Please look at bitcoinity.org and bitcoin.clarkmoody.com for UI inpiration. I find the data layouts there extremely usful especially the Buying, Selling, and Time & Sales data provided on the ClarkMooody site.
Chaoskampf (OP)

order in numbers

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:22:42 PM

I've recently been hired by venture capital to develop another project (one that I will be writing another thread for in the coming weeks). While I'm not shutting the doors to this one (as I've already spent hundreds of hours researching and developing it), I can't continue to spend time on it. This new project is one who's concept I've supported for a long time, but only now have I been given the financial backing to pursue myself. I'm sure many others are working on very similar work, if not identical. The same applies to this trading platform. I'm sorry for letting you guys down, but this platform won't be available for many more months to come. I'm sure others like mine if not much better will be released very soon for you all to make use of. Once again, sorry for the let down.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: